Character Selection Screen: estimated time of fix?

There have been tons of discussions like this one in the past, yet all there has been done is a slight adjustment of the lighting in the new PoF screen (I believe it was moved further towards the camera so that faces no longer look all that gloomy).

When can we finally expect a fix regarding character sizes, among other things??? I remember one dev posting here who also had "Character Selection Screen dev team" in their signature, but I honestly wonder what that team ever does for the CSS? By now, I believe that job description to be a myth... :(

I just created a new Charr character, and I am telling you, it is zero fun to log in and look at the monstrosity.

The thread to which the OP points is not a bug thread; it's a list of suggestions. In fact, the author, a user named @"Ashantara.8731" (with whom the OP might be familiar) titled their post:

New PoF Character Selection Screen: your wishlist

Accordingly the answer to the OP's question is: "not applicable"@"Ashantara.8731" said: When can we finally expect a fix regarding character sizes, among other things???There's nothing to "fix"; it's working. (We might wish that its current implementation was better, but that's something altogether different.)

ANet hasn't said and won't say until any improvements or other changes are ready to be implemented. (And there are many suggestions as to what various people would like to see in the character screen.)

Here's an official statement that may be apropos:

Listening to feedback happens every day. Listening to feedback does not necessarily mean that we can or will be able to fulfill every request. And numbers, while important, aren't the singular guiding force in decision making. There are a lot of reasons for making changes, improvements, additions, and adjustments to the game, and player feedback is a very important part of the equation. But there are a lot of considerations beyond sheer volume. In addition, sometimes, what someone sees as a huge number of requests isn't really huge at all. So we hope players will share their thoughts, but also understand that the teams need to review things for practicality, feasibility, prioritization, and even possibility, along with desirability in The Big Picturetm

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/445598/#Comment_445598

Good luck.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:There's nothing to "fix"; it's working as intended. (We might wish that its current implementation wasn't the intention, but that's something altogether different.)

It cannot be "intended" that a character scales by width, not height, hence cutting off parts of the character. This is an obvious design error and finally needs to be addressed.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:There's nothing to "fix"; it's working as intended. (We might wish that its current implementation wasn't the intention, but that's something altogether different.)

It cannot be "intended" that a character scales by width, not height, hence cutting off parts of the character. This is an obvious design error and finally needs to be addressed.

I've rephrased to address any confusion about the wording.

The original post you referenced was a "wishlist" of changes, not a bug report. Wanting it to be altered isn't the same as "needs to be addressed." The character selection screen works, even if it's just not anything close to as elegant as we would like.

• 5 months later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:So the character icons' background images were updated last week (
), but we still have to face
characters scaled by their width
and that
awful ambiente lighting & light spot positioning
? Hmph.No matter what they do people complain why should they bother?

You missed the point: they have done zero so far to fix this mess that is called the character selection screen. Zero.

So how do you know people would complain? That is quite presumptuous of you.

´P.S. I like the new icon backgrounds, but they were no priority.

Archived