Chairs and the Future!

Alright so. I will be one of the many to express how completely happy I am to FINALLY be able to sit in chairs.BUTHere's the thing. RPers don't want to be limited to only major cities. I mean, I get it's a starting point (One that I am again more than pleased about) But I suppose it really begs the question, are we going to get sitting in the Rest of the World?There are Taverns in Ebonhawke and Queensdale that people use. Kessex and Caeladon Forest. Gendarran. Places with furnished buildings but no way to use there Chairs there. Will we be seeing the Sittability expanded to those area's? I mean the coding and anchors and models are clearly now available, why not impliment it across the Board?

Will we see them in other instances? Like Caudecus Manor? (Lets be honest, almost every RPer I know has used that instance as a 'home' of some manner). Again, we now have the coding and everything available in game, I do not see why chairs across the board weren't just done at once?

I guess the TL;DR of it all is, will the rest of the chairs in the game be given the same treatment as those in the 'main cities'?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I hope anet focuses on important features and bug fixes instead wasting resources on sitting memes.

What may seem like a 'sitting meme' to you, is an immersion breaking part of how others play the game. Just because something doesn't line up with your own personal priorities for 'features' doesn't mean it's a 'waste of resources'. RPers are players too, okay?

@Morsheira.6102 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I hope anet focuses on important features and bug fixes instead wasting resources on sitting memes.

What may seem like a 'sitting meme' to you, is an immersion breaking part of how others play the game. Just because something doesn't line up with your own personal priorities for 'features' doesn't mean it's a 'waste of resources'. RPers are players too, okay?

Sorry but immersion arguments don't work in this game for a long time. For me this case is lost since introduction of wing backpacks, followed by ridiculous gliders.

Again, just because one person views things one way, doesn't mean others don't view it another. That's the point I was making above. RPers still care about immersion and if there is something that could potentially improve that, it is something many of us are interested in.
Nothing is perfect and a polarized argument such as the one you presented doesn't contribute anything, in fact it entirely dismisses the idea that things can exist on a scale. And given that immersion is something subjective, it makes it really difficult for one person to say it 'doesn't work in this game' when the level of 'acceptable immersion' varies from person to person.

I am entitled to voice my opinion about so called "feature" of sitting on chairs. I feel it's a waste of time and resources and is pretty disrespectful towards players asking for crucial features to be added - like mentioned since 2012 build templates. It's not that sitting is wrong. It's that when you see how much effort they put into it, I literally can't understand how is it possible they have time to manually place these chairs, record new motion animations, create collection but somehow build templates are beyond their capability.

You don't get my sympathy. I find sitting on chairs a waste of resources.

I'm a diehard wvw'er and I can't begin to express how happy I am that this was added into the game. It seems so small of a thing but its huge for many concerning how they socialize, decorate, RP (though I've not done it in years), within the game. Much respect for giving this gift to your community Anet :). It was indeed a gift and one that many have asked for, for a very long time :)../hatsoff and I /salute the team that made it happen :)

Archived