BG vs all other servers combined

Ryudnard.2587

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@"Teikoku.2068" said:It is kinda funny how no matter what BG is public enemy #1. I've been on BG since day 1. Whether you hate or like BG, what you can not deny is that its community is the longest lasting. What happened to the "great" communities of former Tier 1 servers like JQ, SOR, TC, SOS, KN, HOD, ET? They all at one time had lots of guilds/commanders and pugs in WvW. Keep in mind BG has not been able to even "buy/recruit" new guilds since its been locked for 4 years more or less. You can blame BG all you want for blobbing and zerging everyone down. It is not our fault other servers can not rally all their pugs and guilds. SOS , YB and JQ i know can pull some massive numbers in an emergency. Why can't you guys do that constantly? Your servers are nearly always open while BG has been closed for 4+ years so we can not recruit or "buy" guilds/people. You all blame BG for everything but what have you all done to improve your own server? All i see is constant complaining yet no one has stepped up to rally their own servers.

BG's "community" blatantly gamed the system to cheat and overstack their server. Thereby destroying the game mode for everyone. Now your "community" will be destroyed by alliances.

It didn't have to be this way. Servers could have worked and the communities could have lasted. BG couldn't see the bigger picture though, so now you will lose it all.

Keep on making fun of yourself buddy, it's comedy gold entertainment for us! Imma go farm AB silverwaste or something now, you stay here. Take care bud :3

Hah. If BG hadn't cheated than there wouldn't be alliances. You know that but are afraid to admit it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Grim West.3194 said:BG's blackouts are exactly the cheat. And BG did it very well. ANET didn't catch on until too late. You reap what you sow.

BG is still winning WvW from what I see so what did we reap? Here is a shocking secret. BG wasn't the only one doing blackouts. Keep in mind all those players gained from the blackouts/bought with guilds more or less haven't played the game recently.

PS: Most of BG guilds are excited for alliances so it isn't a punishment for us as lots of my friends and guilds I know are all prepping for it.

@Teikoku.2068 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:BG's blackouts are exactly the cheat. And BG did it very well. ANET didn't catch on until too late. You reap what you sow.

BG is still winning WvW from what I see so what did we reap? Here is a shocking secret. BG wasn't the only one doing blackouts. Keep in mind all those players gained from the blackouts/bought with guilds more or less haven't played the game recently.

It's pretty obvious that the destruction of the server setup is because of BG's blatant cheating. You can't see that? BG perfected the blackout first and did it the most. By the time the other servers got on board this cheese tactic, it was too late and ANET had put a stop to it.

The damage was done by that time and BG was overstacked to absurd levels. The players who cheesed on to BG are not the type who care about good fights. So they never transferred off.

@Grim West.3194 said:

It's pretty obvious that the destruction of the server setup is because of BG's blatant cheating. You can't see that? BG perfected the blackout first and did it the most. By the time the other servers got on board this cheese tactic, it was too late and ANET had put a stop to it.

The damage was done by that time and BG was overstacked to absurd levels. The players who cheesed on to BG are not the type who care about good fights. So they never transferred off.

Yes and all those players/guilds have left and BG have lost more guilds like KnT within the last 1-2 years and BG is still full. Yet somehow while servers like Mag, DB, YB, SOS get a massive amount of transfers to fight BG yet after a week or two they disappear. BG pugs right now are nowhere near the skill they were back in the days of BG, SOR, JQ or BG SOS TC, or BG, JQ TC.

It is not BG's fault other servers didn't capitalize it when BG did and coudn't do it anywhere when Anet fixed it. Once again all I see is just complaining with no solutions or people willing to fix their server. I have left BG several times. I have been on JQ, ET, YB, SOS, TC and also EU Desolation, PIken Square. So I've had the chance to see what other communities are and from what I saw it was mostly drama and people backstabbing each other constantly and guilds being put down for doing their own thing. From what I saw especially on JQ and TC its a few guilds that holds everything over the server and when other players or guilds challenge or talk back to them they get yelled, harassed and sometimes banned from forums and TS. BG has had drama itself some of which like when OnS, WHOA, TW left to push TC to tier 1 to try and rotate the tiers also drama when MERC an OCX guild left BG to JQ. So in my 5+ years in WvW I have seen and experienced it all.

@Teikoku.2068 said:

Yes and all those players/guilds have left and BG have lost more guilds like KnT within the last 1-2 years and BG is still full. Yet somehow while servers like Mag, DB, YB, SOS get a massive amount of transfers to fight BG yet after a week or two they disappear. BG pugs right now are nowhere near the skill they were back in the days of BG, SOR, JQ or BG SOS TC, or BG, JQ TC.

It is not BG's fault other servers didn't capitalize it when BG did and coudn't do it anywhere when Anet fixed it. Once again all I see is just complaining with no solutions or people willing to fix their server. I have left BG several times. I have been on JQ, ET, YB, SOS, TC and also EU Desolation, PIken Square. So I've had the chance to see what other communities are and from what I saw it was mostly drama and people backstabbing each other constantly and guilds being put down for doing their own thing. BG has had drama when OnS, WHOA, TW left to push TC to tier 1 to try and rotate the tiers also drama when MERC an OCX guild left BG to JQ. So in my 5+ years in WvW I have seen and experienced it all.

It is BG's fault. That cheese tactic started with BG and ended up killing the server system. Now we get alliances.

To be fair, the server / transfer setup ANET created was always a problem. If BG hadn't figured out the cheese blackout tactic, somebody else would have. But BG did perfect it first and then they abused it so much that it broke WvW and ANET was forced to create the alliance system. Blowing up the servers and killing their communities.

Alliances, if done right, could be a lot better than what we have now. And could leave ANET with some great options for tournaments etc. So I'm excited for the future. But atm, the situation is fubar and BG is largely responsible for that.

@Grim West.3194 said:

It is not BG's fault other servers didn't capitalize it when BG did and coudn't do it anywhere when Anet fixed it. Once again all I see is just complaining with no solutions or people willing to fix their server. I have left BG several times. I have been on JQ, ET, YB, SOS, TC and also EU Desolation, PIken Square. So I've had the chance to see what other communities are and from what I saw it was mostly drama and people backstabbing each other constantly and guilds being put down for doing their own thing. BG has had drama when OnS, WHOA, TW left to push TC to tier 1 to try and rotate the tiers also drama when MERC an OCX guild left BG to JQ. So in my 5+ years in WvW I have seen and experienced it all.

It is BG's fault. That cheese tactic started with BG and ended up killing the server system. Now we get alliances.

To be fair, the server / transfer setup ANET created was always a problem. If BG hadn't figured out the cheese blackout tactic, somebody else would have. But BG did perfect it and they abused it so much that ANET was forced to create the alliance system and blow up the servers.

Alliances, if done right, could be a lot better than what we have now. And could leave ANET with some great options for tournaments etc. So I'm excited for the future. But atm, the situation is fubar and BG is largely responsible for that.

So you expected BG to tell every server "BTW guys if you all don't log in for awhile you can lose your full status and get more guilds!". BG may have started it but got punished with being perma locked forever. Every other server including JQ has been open so why didn't they get more recruits/guilds? JQ I know have received lots of guilds in the past in order to fight BG's coverage. I've seen so many players and guilds bandwagon to servers like TC, JQ, DB and SOS for the sole purpose to push down BG and yet they fairweather out. How many times have we read in Reddit, Forums, Team Chat/Map Chat that "Kill BG" is the rally cry for nearly everyone yet they still try and fail.

The whole WvW community is to blame. BG has just been the enemy everyone rallies against because time and time again besides the 24/7 2v1 conducted by JQ and TC. No other 2v1 or server combinations have beaten BG.

Alliances are good and I'm ready to start it.

@Grim West.3194 said:

To be fair, the server / transfer setup ANET created was always a problem. If BG hadn't figured out the cheese blackout tactic, somebody else would have. But BG did perfect it first and then they abused it so much that it broke WvW and ANET was forced to create the alliance system. Blowing up the servers and killing their communities.

Server population disparities existed well before BG did whatever it was that they supposedly did. BG was not the cause of the alliance system with linking worlds.

@Grim West.3194 said:

Interesting you note that. There is a guild leader currently on JQ that advertised and pushed for the stacking on BG. They have also pushed for alliances. Hmm.

Not sure how any of this discussion helps? People hate T1, hate BG. What's changed? This has been the case for the past 2 years.

It helps no one to continue to go on about it. Look back to the last time BG was opened. It's been before JQ, and before several others opened and filled again.

BG is stacked coverage wise. No one in their right mind would argue that.

How does that explain the high KDR during the time zones where they have 2-3 maps outnumbered? Are all the other servers that bad?

I feel like we've had this discussion before, but hey...BG paid more gold to recruit.They snuck players through the locked status, just like the other t1 servers.They had the best round the clock coverage.They ended up having twice as much population as everyone else.When you're winning, people won't be leaving.When you're winning easy, pugs won't be leaving.PPT wins a match, round the clock coverage wins a match.Guilds and commanders aren't on all day every day to win a match, the pugs are.It's that simple.

@Teikoku.2068 said:

To be fair, the server / transfer setup ANET created was always a problem. If BG hadn't figured out the cheese blackout tactic, somebody else would have. But BG did perfect it and they abused it so much that ANET was forced to create the alliance system and blow up the servers.

So you expected BG to tell every server "BTW guys if you all don't log in for awhile you can lose your full status and get more guilds!". BG may have started it but got punished with being perma locked forever. Every other server including JQ has been open so why didn't they get more recruits/guilds? JQ I know have received lots of guilds in the past in order to fight BG's coverage. I've seen so many players and guilds bandwagon to servers like TC, JQ, DB and SOS for the sole purpose to push down BG and yet they fairweather out. How many times have we read in Reddit, Forums, Team Chat/Map Chat that "Kill BG" is the rally cry for nearly everyone yet they still try and fail.

The whole WvW community is to blame. BG has just been the enemy everyone rallies against because time and time again besides the 24/7 2v1 conducted by JQ and TC. No other 2v1 or server combinations have beaten BG.

Alliances are good and I'm ready to start it.

Are you really that oblivious to the fact that ANET will not allow any other server to stack to BG's level? And that they now actively monitor servers who might be trying the blackout tactic?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Interesting you note that. There is a guild leader currently on JQ that advertised and pushed for the stacking on BG. They have also pushed for alliances. Hmm.

Not sure how any of this discussion helps? People hate T1, hate BG. What's changed? This has been the case for the past 2 years.

It helps no one to continue to go on about it. Look back to the last time BG was opened. It's been before JQ, and before several others opened and filled again.

BG is stacked coverage wise. No one in their right mind would argue that.

How does that explain the high KDR during the time zones where they have 2-3 maps outnumbered? Are all the other servers that bad?

Maguuma's kdr is largely based on the skill of the players. BG's kdr is largely about overwhelming numbers. When 4 players attack 1, the 1 usually loses and gets zero kdr. Being one of the 4 doesn't take any skill.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Server population disparities existed well before BG did whatever it was that they supposedly did. BG was not the cause of the alliance system with linking worlds.

I'm talking about the new alliance system to come, not links. But you are correct that population problems have plagued WvW since the beginning. That isn't BG's fault, they just made it worse.

I wish we had access to the old forums for reference. This is all from memory, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

• BG was last open sometime in 2017 (not 2014 like someone here is claiming). I want to say it was around a year ago.
  • After this happened, ArenaNet changed how "Full" status was determined. I don't remember what details were shared or who said this.
  • With the change to how "Full" status was determined after BG's last opening, no other servers were able to bring in numbers to match them... with the possible exception of people flocking to a T1-paired guest server, which hasn't happened.

@"Shining One.1635" said:I wish we had access to the old forums for reference. This is all from memory, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

• BG was last open sometime in 2017 (not 2014 like someone here is claiming). I want to say it was around a year ago.
  • After this happened, ArenaNet changed how "Full" status was determined. I don't remember what details were shared or who said this.
  • With the change to how "Full" status was determined after BG's last opening, no other servers were able to bring in numbers to match them... with the possible exception of people flocking to a T1-paired guest server, which hasn't happened.

BG had to have been closed since 2015 I'm sure since this archived anet old forum posts is the date Anet started to implement World Changes for WvW. Also any searches on GW2 reddit is dated from 2-3 years ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/page/1

@"Teikoku.2068" said:BG had to have been closed since 2015 I'm sure since this archived anet old forum posts is the date Anet started to implement World Changes for WvW.That's a different change. Previously, World Population was calculated across all game modes. After the July 2015 change, only WvW Population was used to calculate a world's status.

Thank you for providing me the link to the old forum archive. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/BG-is-open-by-the-way-andThat thread indicates BG was open in May 2017.

@LetoII.3782 said:

BG had to have been closed since 2015

Incorrect.BG was opened for a few hours in 2017 after a few weeks vs. Mag. You received notably Late, one of the last groups of ocx not already on your server.

Correct Letoll.

And between CL, KnT, Rise, Joy, (among others I cannot recall) has been more than offset.

To others: where is the rage for JQ?

Archived