the best classes to have multiples of...

I got a character slot in the sale intending it to be a second mule so I currently have 11 characters. I ended up with two Guardians, mainly because my first mule is so old I like the Birthday gifts, but im rethinking things and was going to roll a class that has two fun/very different/efficient/multiple modes. I tend tp play scholar classes but do dabble in Engineer and Ranger sometimes. Necro is my first love but I know every body hates me ( never tried scourge in stuck in reaper)

I wont likely ever raid, will do some fractals at some point but never high level, like wvw when I get the time, only ever do pvp for dailies, love group pve events but tend to just pootle around on my own in pve a lot of the time.

I would like a dedicated wvw build possibly, but just interested really on what people tend to roll if they roll multiples and why!

I've got two elementalists and two engineers, just because I like both elites on those professions and wanted to be able to play both of them, but with totally different builds, so switching would be a pain. That and I wanted one of each race/gender combination so I needed at least 10 characters.

I'm currently at around 42 characters (with a slot, tomes, and armor set already picked out for number 43 to be made lol) and I just kinda make whatever fits a theme. I have more Mesmers than anything, 11 total, because they're just so useful for covering jumping puzzles and I've always been rather fond of them. They can also be fun in WvW for roaming or infiltrating enemy objectives.

Well.. Mesmer would be a good starting point. Given how diverse and versatile it can be. You can play dps as condi mirage. Or power chrono. Support as boonshare chrono. As well as healing with minstrel mantra. Another option is Ele. (Condi) dps as either weaver or tempest. Can be very supportive with auramancer build (heavily underrated). And with the right gear it can also do some good healing.

Ranger is similar as well. Support druid has nice heals. For damage you can swap to condi soulbeast. And last but not least guardian. Firebrand does great condi damage. But is very capable of playing support. It also has great healing capabilities with minstrel gear.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I have several Rangers, but that's because I like them. The two main ones are Soulbeast and Druid, but I mostly still use my Ranger weapons (on the Soulbeast one). /shrug

Is druid any good in open world scenarios, like meta events? or is it strictly a raid/high fractals spec? I like the idea of learning how to heal- I was always too scared when I played WoW to do other than hybrid dps/back up healing

@GWMO.4785 said:Well.. Mesmer would be a good starting point. Given how diverse and versatile it can be. You can play dps as condi mirage. Or power chrono. Support as boonshare chrono. As well as healing with minstrel mantra. Another option is Ele. (Condi) dps as either weaver or tempest. Can be very supportive with auramancer build (heavily underrated). And with the right gear it can also do some good healing.

Ranger is similar as well. Support druid has nice heals. For damage you can swap to condi soulbeast. And last but not least guardian. Firebrand does great condi damage. But is very capable of playing support. It also has great healing capabilities with minstrel gear.

I assume boonshare chrono is like a support/utility spec? would this be any good for lower level fractals or wvw? I have arthritis in my wrist so if im going back to 5 man content I need something that isn't wackamole playstyle!

Is there a class that's outstanding in two game modes ( open pve/meta pve/wvw/5 man etc) or has two outstanding elite specs ( that are preferably quite different? from a bit of reading around although this may be out of date now Scourge is good in wvw, and I know reaper is good in open world.

Also whats considered a good 'tag' spec, I used to just get my mule Guardian out with her staff but now im not so sure -sometimes its nice to just do abit of group content without thinking much...

Would a ranger be an outcast in fractals? ive heard necro is so that's out - as im not to good at wtitch play something forgiving and supportive of the group would be good!

@Rococo.8347 said:

@vampirelazarus.9403 said:Out of curiosity, when was this sale on character slots?It was in the beginning of the March sale I think - there should be another in August when they do the other big sale of the year.

Dang it! I'm only missing one class and have been waiting on the slots to go on sale! I guess I missed it...

@Rococo.8347 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I have several Rangers, but that's because I like them. The two main ones are Soulbeast and Druid, but I mostly still use my Ranger weapons (on the Soulbeast one). /shrug

Is druid any good in open world scenarios, like meta events? or is it strictly a raid/high fractals spec? I like the idea of learning how to heal- I was always too scared when I played WoW to do other than hybrid dps/back up healing

I've never played a Raid or high-level Fractals, so I don't know. I only do open world and a bit of WvW. My Druid is mostly used in Orr, or PoF.

Archived