Super Adventure Box Tribulation Mode W-1 Z-2 why is it so hard ?

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:If you think w1z2 is hard, wait till you see w2z2. It's, ooh, about a 15 minute clear if you are
speed running
. The best I ever got on w2z2 was down to a single death, it's just faaaar too long of a map and SO MANY ways to die. W1 in general is about twice as easy as W2... So have fun while it lasts :P

Isn't W2Z3 much longer even, I'm doing W2Z1 and W2Z2 trib for all the weapons this year leaving W2Z3 for next year. For W2Z2 I got it down to 20 minutes but the two times I did W2Z3 It at leats took me an hour, I know it can be faster, but by no means do I believe I (emphasis on me) can do it nowhere near in 20 minutes.

I found it to be slightly faster when not including the boss fight, which adds an inescapable couple of minutes to the end. It is however a lot more pleasant than z2, with a more consistent difficulty and relatively fewer moments that require pixel perfect jumps. I found having to duke the trib cloud in the middle of z2 extremely infuriating, I died at least once to it on every single run I did. Z3 has a few similar moments, but you don't get cornered by the buggers in quite the same way. Also no assassins. Holy hell.

I also find W2Z3 a lot more demanding than W2Z2. Other than the annoying tribulation cloud in the building where you need to move the 4 blocks, I don't die much in Z2. The assassins are totally predictable. It's rare that one gets a hit in.

My issue with Z3 is the ice. I hate having to check myself the whole time. It breaks my stride and it takes the fun out of the whole zone. In Z2 I breeze through the landscape without a care. There's hardly even a difficult jump in it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:If you think w1z2 is hard, wait till you see w2z2. It's, ooh, about a 15 minute clear if you are
speed running
. The best I ever got on w2z2 was down to a single death, it's just faaaar too long of a map and SO MANY ways to die. W1 in general is about twice as easy as W2... So have fun while it lasts :P

Isn't W2Z3 much longer even, I'm doing W2Z1 and W2Z2 trib for all the weapons this year leaving W2Z3 for next year. For W2Z2 I got it down to 20 minutes but the two times I did W2Z3 It at leats took me an hour, I know it can be faster, but by no means do I believe I (emphasis on me) can do it nowhere near in 20 minutes.

I found it to be slightly faster when not including the boss fight, which adds an inescapable couple of minutes to the end. It is however a lot more pleasant than z2, with a more consistent difficulty and relatively fewer moments that require pixel perfect jumps. I found having to duke the trib cloud in the middle of z2 extremely infuriating, I died at least once to it on every single run I did. Z3 has a few similar moments, but you don't get cornered by the buggers in quite the same way. Also no assassins. Holy hell.

I also find W2Z3 a lot more demanding than W2Z2. Other than the annoying tribulation cloud in the building where you need to move the 4 blocks, I don't die much in Z2. The assassins are totally predictable. It's rare that one gets a hit in.

My issue with Z3 is the ice. I hate having to check myself the whole time. It breaks my stride and it takes the fun out of the whole zone. In Z2 I breeze through the landscape without a care. There's hardly even a difficult jump in it.

The ice is frustrating, especially near the start with the trib cloud chasing you. I found that there were certain conditions where you could suddenly gain momentum and go flying into spikes or off a ledge. I forget exactly what it was, I think touching walls could do it. I ended up jumping a lot and applying "reverse thrust" to maintain control. I did find the assassins to be more annoying, I'd end up with my hp slowly wittled down over the course of the map.

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:What messes me up even more about Z1-2 is the part coming shortly after the rocks. It might be my ping or something, but just walking around or jumping cleanly on the grass area in front of the tree with the balloon-giving-thing randomly instant kills me as if I touched lava. Typically around the area with the trapped barrel in the tree stump. Wasn't this horrible last year.

I noticed that too. Also happened when walking across the big lily pad at King Toad. Sometimes the game seems to think you are under the floor if the floor is too narrow or something, and if the stuff underneath is deadly you just keel over for no reason.

@Leablo.2651 said:

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:What messes me up even more about Z1-2 is the part coming shortly after the rocks. It might be my ping or something, but just walking around or jumping cleanly on the grass area in front of the tree with the balloon-giving-thing randomly instant kills me as if I touched lava. Typically around the area with the trapped barrel in the tree stump. Wasn't this horrible last year.

I noticed that too. Also happened when walking across the big lily pad at King Toad. Sometimes the game seems to think you are under the floor if the floor is too narrow or something, and if the stuff underneath is deadly you just keel over for no reason.

Also had this issue this year in the area following the jumping rock in the lava pool in W1Z2 and don't recall ever seeing it last year.

For me it was Z1 of W1 that was the PITA. I must have died 50 times on the little area with the bunch of jumping rocks--specifically the last rock that is 'hiding'. Z3 was surprisingly the easiest for me, little to no traps.

Anyway, not sure if OP or anyone else needs a visual for how to do the rock part of W1Z2...but here it is:

@"Gotejjeken.1267" said:For me it was Z1 of W1 that was the PITA. I must have died 50 times on the little area with the bunch of jumping rocks--specifically the last rock that is 'hiding'. Z3 was surprisingly the easiest for me, little to no traps.

Anyway, not sure if OP or anyone else needs a visual for how to do the rock part of W1Z2...but here it is:

Huh. Never thought of jumping to the second rock, although I should have made the connection given how often the jump forward, then back method fails to actually trigger the jumping rock! Thanks!

@"Gotejjeken.1267" said:For me it was Z1 of W1 that was the PITA. I must have died 50 times on the little area with the bunch of jumping rocks--specifically the last rock that is 'hiding'. Z3 was surprisingly the easiest for me, little to no traps.

I lost close to 100 lives there. Thankfully when I finally figured out the timing I was able to get it right almost every time. That section was rather upsetting.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

You don't need to dodge roll or dodge jump or whatever.

Jump onto the near edge of the 2nd little stone, the one closest to the jumping rock. If you don't jump too far, you'll still be out of the range that makes the rock jump.

Now, turn the camera so your back is to the jumping rock. Walk backwards a little bit and quickly jump back to the first little stone. If you do it right, the big stone will jump but you'll be back safely on the first stone.

Swing the camera back around and jump to the 2nd stone again, from there onto the jumping rock (its jump will be on cooldown) and from there to the fern leaf.

You will need to do this fast and with great precision. It usually takes me a few tries to get it right, but lives are cheap.

shows how it's done, though I have to admit that guy does it a lot more impressively than I ever could, in one smooth motion. I take my time with it.

I don't think I can move like that I use a track ball. left hand rest on keyboard and I cant rotate fast enough to do it :scream:

Err just saw this. Yeah, you're using the wrong type of mouse for this sort of gameplay. That isn't going to work.

Heh, I'm using a Trackball too (Logitech M570) and it's pretty easy oO

@MegumiAzusa.2918 said:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

You don't need to dodge roll or dodge jump or whatever.

Jump onto the near edge of the 2nd little stone, the one closest to the jumping rock. If you don't jump too far, you'll still be out of the range that makes the rock jump.

Now, turn the camera so your back is to the jumping rock. Walk backwards a little bit and quickly jump back to the first little stone. If you do it right, the big stone will jump but you'll be back safely on the first stone.

Swing the camera back around and jump to the 2nd stone again, from there onto the jumping rock (its jump will be on cooldown) and from there to the fern leaf.

You will need to do this fast and with great precision. It usually takes me a few tries to get it right, but lives are cheap.

shows how it's done, though I have to admit that guy does it a lot more impressively than I ever could, in one smooth motion. I take my time with it.

I don't think I can move like that I use a track ball. left hand rest on keyboard and I cant rotate fast enough to do it :scream:

Err just saw this. Yeah, you're using the wrong type of mouse for this sort of gameplay. That isn't going to work.

Heh, I'm using a Trackball too (Logitech M570) and it's pretty easy oO

Some trackballs are more sensitive/accurate than others.

Archived