Why do people take Guild reps so seriously

Also add wvw alliance guild though who knows when that will happen.

For instance I am in my wvw guild but that guild also has people who don't wvw for whatever reason. Maybe they did before and don't now. Then all the folks who regularly wvw are ALSO in the alliance guild which consists of only wvw folks but from more than one guild.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in a guild with 90% rep rule, ensuring fractals, raids, wvw as well as PvE metas and help upon call. Personally, I have a very good experience with such rep rule. We have reliable guildies, with whom we can build up core teams with regular training sessions for all activities. We also help a lot newbies to the game and generally, there are always players available to go help upon call. Thanks to all this, the social interaction is quite good and most of all active on a daily basis. The leading team works hard to offer lot of services and in return, members are committed, helping the guild life to continue. It's a given/taken with no losers. When we recruit, we say honestly that we are serious about this rep rule, so that players who join are aware and if they join, they are ready to commit.Of course, it happens regularly that people chose to leave because they can't cope with the 90% rep rule, but that's no worries. We are aware that it is a lot and that not everybody want to become tight this way. Each of us is free of his choice. For me, it does match. I feel like being in a "gang of bro" and that's what I need. :)

I don't mind repping the guild I'm doing an event with; or in the case of PvP/WvW guilds, repping them with my PvP/WvW mains--but I have a ridiculous amount of characters, and if you expect me to go through every single one to rep your guild, too bad. Unless I really, REALLY want to support your guild--and I haven't cared that much for a guild in years. RIP, Borlis Savers

Archived