So just came back to game, Ranger still in a bad spot?

Swiftly.2385

Not in a bad spot.

I returned over a month ago from leaving ohh when we were running spirit armies around in PvP timeframe and stat flexibility was a significant limitaiton holding the class back.

Can have fun with a ranger but may take you a bit dialing in on your playstyle.

Ranger is fine /sigh People are sad about the druid nerfs but druid still does what it does well. They just cant take being CC locked. Stunbreaks are worth more than invulns these days.

Soulbeast is pretty damn competitive and probably one of the top builds for ranger in general. Core ranger is still quite effective in the right environments. Condi soulbeast is still high dps in pve. Druid is still a standard support slot in raids. All in all ranger is "fine".

Ya just salt forums, ranger is in a fantastic spot for PvP as you can find success with just about any power based set up with any spec.

Druid is still strong at being a side holder it's just killable now.

Soulbeast is a very fun combo version of ranger. In PvP you focos on setting up chain combos and mergeing and un merging with your pet. I've been playing a sick em glass build and consistently stay in plat. Bic and shade two of the top rangers in PvP run boon heavy builds) kiru is disgusting with his set up in wvw)

Core ranger is a very good tanky 1v1er you wanna run a boon/bruiser type set up.

And for pve healing harriers druid and condi soul beast are meta (power druid and soulbeast are great for fractals)

(Condi ranger is only good for pve lacks the utility required for PvP)

Also because of how pets work in soulbeast form there's quite a few to choose from, weaker pets could still use buffs but for example it's pretty cool that for a PvP senario bear is actually a good pic for merging with.

No, ranger is good in every places. You won't hear praises in a profession forum, but suggestions and criticism.

I think in general, people want condi ranger to work in PvP, power ranger to work in sPvE (raids, fractals) and some buff/role for WvW zerging. That's pretty much it.

@"Shadelang.3012" said:Ranger is fine /sigh People are sad about the druid nerfs but druid still does what it does well. They just cant take being CC locked. Stunbreaks are worth more than invulns these days.

Soulbeast is pretty kitten competitive and probably one of the top builds for ranger in general. Core ranger is still quite effective in the right environments. Condi soulbeast is still high dps in pve. Druid is still a standard support slot in raids. All in all ranger is "fine".

Soulbeast top build for pvp? I found it quite bad compared to playing core tbh

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@"Shadelang.3012" said:Ranger is fine /sigh People are sad about the druid nerfs but druid still does what it does well. They just cant take being CC locked. Stunbreaks are worth more than invulns these days.

Soulbeast is pretty kitten competitive and probably one of the top builds for ranger in general. Core ranger is still quite effective in the right environments. Condi soulbeast is still high dps in pve. Druid is still a standard support slot in raids. All in all ranger is "fine".

Lol as of right now shade is top 1 in NA.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

I don't play NA so honestly i've got no clue who is who there

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Don't matter shade has consistently been one of the best rangers in the game. I personally don't like his build (soulbeast nm/bm) but the dude makes it nasty and consistently is at the top of leader boards over multiple seasons ya soul beast is definitely a good route to go

Overall, Rangers are in a better spot than any other class imo.Power builds are good,condi builds are good and support builds are good.The simple builds are good and the complex builds are good too.They are wanted in every game mode.Their 2 elite specs are brilliant from a concept/design pov and are really fun to play.Cant think of a better choice for a main if you enjoy the hunter-ranger play-style.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Overall, Rangers are in a better spot than any other class imo.Power builds are good,condi builds are good and support builds are good.The simple builds are good and the complex builds are good too.They are wanted in every game mode.Their 2 elite specs are brilliant from a concept/design pov and are really fun to play.Cant think of a better choice for a main if you enjoy the hunter-ranger play-style.

Rangers are hardly in a better spot than other classes. Sure you'll find a want for support druids and condi soulbeasts in pve, but in pvp the only competitive choice is druid (and theres better choices to go with if you want to bunker) and wvw doesn't want rangers unless you roam, in which case you may use whatever

That said rangers are consistently in a good spot. Roll one, you can adapt to any situation be it pve, pvp or wvw. It's a good choice of a main because even if it's not the cream at the top, it's the milkshake underneath that tastes the best :P

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Don't matter shade has consistently been one of the best rangers in the game. I personally don't like his build (soulbeast nm/bm) but the dude makes it nasty and consistently is at the top of leader boards over multiple seasons ya soul beast is definitely a good route to go

Any links to some of his stuff?

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Any links to some of his stuff?

https://www.twitch.tv/shadelang_He's the only streamer I actually watch on a consistent basis now. Such a fun playstyle to watch, and he does it well.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Overall, Rangers are in a better spot than any other class imo.Power builds are good,condi builds are good and support builds are good.The simple builds are good and the complex builds are good too.They are wanted in every game mode.Their 2 elite specs are brilliant from a concept/design pov and are really fun to play.Cant think of a better choice for a main if you enjoy the hunter-ranger play-style.

Rangers are hardly in a better spot than other classes. Sure you'll find a want for support druids and condi soulbeasts in pve, but in pvp the only competitive choice is druid (and theres better choices to go with if you want to bunker) and wvw doesn't want rangers unless you roam, in which case you may use whatever

That said rangers are consistently in a good spot. Roll one, you can adapt to any situation be it pve, pvp or wvw. It's a good choice of a main because even if it's not the cream at the top, it's the milkshake underneath that tastes the best :P

When you consider all game modes rangers are in the best spot.

@Krispera.5087 said:No, ranger is good in every places. You won't hear praises in a profession forum, but suggestions and criticism.

I think in general, people want condi ranger to work in PvP, power ranger to work in sPvE (raids, fractals) and some buff/role for WvW zerging. That's pretty much it.

And some utility to condi Soulbeast tbh too.But yeah basically nailed it.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:It's not in a bad spot at all...unless your in WvW, and have to listen to commanders for months on end saying your class sucks, and they don't want you in the group.....Otherwise the class is peachy keen.

Only SpellBreaker, FireBrand and Scourge seem to be wanted in organised groups. Maybe a chrono now and again for veil/ports.

Roaming is challenging. Though its probably just me being a low skilled scrub to be fair. The deadeyes / mesmers / holos and warriors that are the most prevalent in that area are a real pain to take on 1v1 I find. I think much of the issues also lie with ascended stats bloat and food that is not taken into account by balance changes and really break the intended spike damage thresholds.

Archived