Spearmarshal gear?

I like elementalists very much. The profession is full of potential and can do a lot of things despite the fact it may not be as good at it as some others. My biggets problem with it is that it is incredibly squishy, especially in open world.

So, I've watched a pvp video where a guy playing sword/dagger weaver recommended spearmarshal gear as the way to go for pvp. Obviously, this allows his weaver to do survive a lot better and I was wondering if someone has tried spearmarshal exotics in open world? This stat combo allows eles to deal damage while also making good use of their healing abilities which otherwise go neglected. Can spearmarshal also be of use outside of open world like fractals, for example, where you can act as a hybrid healer or something? Any thoughts?

Marshal weaver in pvp doesnt do any damage. It's good because it's tanky.

Open world mobs can be kited and their attacks have clear visuals. You dont need heals if mobs dont hit you, hence the glass cannon(ish) gear makes more impact. Marshal works in open world, but so does anything else.

Playing marshal in t4 fractals is also pointless since your heals are limited, your damage is non existant and you offer no buffs to allies, making it a terrible choice compared to other builds.

@EpicName.4523 said:I like elementalists very much. The profession is full of potential and can do a lot of things despite the fact it may not be as good at it as some other s. My biggets problem with it is that it is incredibly squishy, especially in open world.

So, I've watched a pvp video where a guy playing sword/dagger weaver recommended spearmarshal gear as the way to go for pvp. Obviously, this allows his weaver to do survive a lot better and I was wondering if someone has tried spearmarshal exotics in open world? This stat combo allows eles to deal damage while also making good use of their healing abilities which otherwise go neglected. Can spearmarshal also be of use outside of open world like fractals, for example, where you can act as a hybrid healer or something? Any thoughts?

PvP <> PvE

Elementalists still do most damage in Berserker's gear, which means Spearmarshal stats are useless. Healing is only useful in raids and other organized group activities, but when you roam the world, the common rule goes: the faster it dies, the less likely you die. Additional condition damage is also wasted on an Ele.

If you have trouble surviving with your Ele in the open world, I recommend exchanging the armor set (and only the armor) with a set of Soldier's gear, the rest stays Berserker's. Decreases critical chance and damage, but it's a good compromise nonetheless.

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Here's a video of a PVE build using spearmarshall exotics and sword/dagger. I guess this is the sort of thing you had in mind? It looks pretty effective to me, even if one of the comments says it's awful.

That's open world, where anything will work somehow. Nevertheless, a proper power build will kill stuff at least twice as fast and is not really more squishy than this. The lack of healing power is easily compensated by not giving enemies the opportunity to do damage and the condi damage of marshal's is just worthless.

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Here's a video of a PVE build using spearmarshall exotics and sword/dagger. I guess this is the sort of thing you had in mind? It looks pretty effective to me, even if one of the comments says it's awful.

Exactly what I was looking for! Berserker elementalist which tries to fight the same mobs in the same way (sword/dagger) will be hard pressed to survive. After the first few mobs he will have to kite around. Not so with this build. Nice!

Marshal gear to me is a more survival zerk gear...the added healing helps with Barrier and you also get the added benefit of condition damage along with the power and precision.The gear definitely has some use in certain builds on certain professions - I think it tends to get dismissed by most players for min-max reasons - but having a beefier barrier is kinda nice.

I just pulled a screenie of my Weaver's gear...so far this is what's working well for me in PvE Open world and exploration/events and soloing. All my gear is Marshals except for the Soldiers Weapons and the back piece. I use Zerk Runes.

rYEaAE7.jpg

Marshal stats tend to only work ok with Druid or Elementalist (any elite). Because they’re the only ones that will benefit the most from the healing power.In every scenario, I’d go for Marauder stats over marshal for personal survivability. I use that on my Weaver for OW.

Archived