WvW NPC Rework

Seffen.2875

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Brother.1504" said:In the game city of heroes. When pvp zones were outmanned for ether team, heroes or arch villains would spawn and attack hostile control points. Basically raid boss lvl strength helping the outmanned team. The longer the map was outmanned the more of these type mobs would spawn. Generally you avoided them as they could 1 1/2 shot you from full if you were solo. Think legendary mobs capping towers solo and waiting at the open tower until the friendly outmanned team capped it. Very powerful npcs.

Duno how Anet would do that here, mob with huge health pool ? and we already have Siegerazor that nobody uses anymore :\That legendary mob would easilly be killed and/or tanked."Nobody uses"? Anet removed siegerazer events along with the brains of the spawn guards, so that winning servers can win even more by spawncamping and keeping enemy spawntowers for longer periods.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Brother.1504" said:In the game city of heroes. When pvp zones were outmanned for ether team, heroes or arch villains would spawn and attack hostile control points. Basically raid boss lvl strength helping the outmanned team. The longer the map was outmanned the more of these type mobs would spawn. Generally you avoided them as they could 1 1/2 shot you from full if you were solo. Think legendary mobs capping towers solo and waiting at the open tower until the friendly outmanned team capped it. Very powerful npcs.

Duno how Anet would do that here, mob with huge health pool ? and we already have Siegerazor that nobody uses anymore :\That legendary mob would easilly be killed and/or tanked."Nobody uses"? Anet removed siegerazer events along with the brains of the spawn guards, so that winning servers can win even more by spawncamping and keeping enemy spawntowers for longer periods.

I totally forgot about that :\ i must say.

Another idea I saw once that I still think could be interesting:

Fixed number of NPC's per team.

So instead of magically creating a bunch of guards for every objective, the more structures you have, the less NPC's to guard those, meaning they're easier to take/capture.

While the less structures you have, the more guards you'll have in those objectives, hopefully making it harder to take.

Don't know exactly how this would work concerning different types of mobs etc, I mean, if you're down to your last home Keep and no towers left, it might get a bit silly to have 13 keep lords and 18 tower lords in your capture ring on Garrison... Though it might be easier if limited to per map, that will still leave some fun with all DBL keep lords in a single capture ring ;)

But basically, if you're down to a single camp (NN) and Garrison left on your home BL, those should be reinforced with lots of NPC's, that probably also would get stronger (and hopefully as I talked about above, get skill that scale to number of players, instead of imob/blink lock 1 guy while the other 99 slaughter them). While when you've captured entire EBG, every camp will have tops 1 NPC, perhaps not even a camp leader. Making it trivial to take it back.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I keep seeing Siegerazor. Just last weekend in fact.I think tales of his demise may be somewhat exaggerated

@Lady Sapphirah.6234 said:I kinda dont give a rats about them... try not to fight them unless the ppl Im with make a point of it.... I try not to kill the guards in front of keeps/towers as I thought I read somewhere if u hit them they make swords? Maybe not idk... just want to get on with the business of wvw not npc's.

If the guards aggro, I think it puts swords on the map, regardless of whether you hit them or not. Not 100% sure since I generally just kill them. You also don't need to actually be fighting to generate orange swords on the map, either. If 25+ players jump off a moderate size cliff at the same time, it'll pop OJs since that's based upon entering combat state, not fighting an enemy.

Archived