Is there any use of Tactics now ?

Zhaid Zhem.6508

No more phalanx Strength, or not without sacrificing runes, sigils, food, and others specializations for one trait.Empower allies get nerf by 33% yesterday.Some condition remove on warhorn and an useless shake it off, some weak heals on useless shouts, minor traits for revival ...

What's the point ?

• 2 weeks later...

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:No more phalanx Strength, or not without sacrificing runes, sigils, food, and others specializations for one trait.

ITYM, no more Phalanx Strength allowing one warrior to generate 25 might for everyone around them with no further investment. You don't actually have to sacrifice all those things and invest purely in boon duration.

What's the point ?

Balance.

Tactics minor traits really need some rework: Inspiring Presence and Reviver's Might are both pretty much useless. Here are some ideas:New Reviver's Might = Gain 3 stacks of might for 10 s every time you remove a condition. No Internal CD.New Inspiring Presence = remove a condition from up to 4-5 allies in 600 radius when you remove a condition from yourself.

Shrug it off could be merged to vigorous shouts. This would free slot for a new tactics major master trait:vigorous rally = grant 4 seconds of regeneration (to self or allies) when you remove a condition

"Shake it off" triggered by current Shrug it off trait should be renamed as lesser shake it off it actually only removes 1 condition (instead of 3) or maybe it is a bug?

As you can all these would have synergy with both shouts (especially shake it off) and warhorn, which is currently a weak offhand weapon.

Warhorn #5 "Call to Arms" could also give 3 stacks of might besides the current effect in 600 radius or alternative cause 2 s of freeze in 600 radius.

Some shouts could still use some buffing e.g. reduce CD of "fear me" to 40 s.

"To the Limit!" could benefit from reduction of cast time to 3/4 s and reduce untraited CD to 25. At the same the healing amount should be toned down, to counter the reduced CD so the total healing amount per minute still remains the same. Warrior meta needs viable choices to healing signet, which has been meta for many years already.

@"Deniara Devious.3948" said:Tactics minor traits really need some rework: Inspiring Presence and Reviver's Might are both pretty much useless. Here are some ideas:New Reviver's Might = Gain 3 stacks of might every time you remove a condition. No Internal CD.New Inspiring Presence = remove a condition from up to 4-5 allies in 600 radius when you remove a condition from yourself.

Shrug it off could be merged to vigorous shouts. This would free slot for a new tactics major master trait:vigorous rally = grant 4 seconds of regeneration (to self or allies) when you remove a condition

"Shake it off" triggered by current Shrug it off trait should be renamed as lesser shake it off it actually only removes 1 condition (instead of 3) or maybe it is a bug?

As you can all these would have synergy with both shouts (especially shake it off) and warhorn, which is currently a weak offhand weapon.

Warhorn #5 "Call to Arms" could also give 3 stacks of might besides the current effect in 600 radius or alternative cause 2 s of freeze in 600 radius.

Some shouts could still use some buffing e.g. reduce CD of "fear me" to 40 s.

"To the Limit!" could benefit from reduction of cast time to 3/4 s and reduce untraited CD to 25. At the same the healing amount should be toned down, to counter the reduced CD. Warrior meta needs viable choices to healing signet, which has been meta for many years already.

call to arms should give superspeed, ya know, to run into battle faster, dont like a nerf to healing shout heal amount, since when i play with my worker warrior i play without any endure pain and need to get almost back to full when using it to counter bursts i eat, wont help me if i can use it more frequently while i die after one use, because i didnt get enough health backgood ideas overall tho

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:No more phalanx Strength, or not without sacrificing runes, sigils, food, and others specializations for one trait.

ITYM, no more Phalanx Strength allowing one warrior to generate 25 might for everyone around them with no further investment. You don't actually
have
to sacrifice all those things and invest purely in boon duration.

What's the point ?

Balance.

Yeah, Warriors can only instantly give out 24 Might now :(

Warrior has allot of things that I think could use some love...

• Warhorn/warhorn trait
  • Shouts/shout traits
  • Banners/banner trait
  • Rifle
  • Hammer trait
  • Power berserker
  • Dagger leap distances (although it seems I'm the only one that thinks this one needs looked at, but IMO a 300 leap isn't a leap)
  • AdrenalineI think they could re-work the way our bursts and adrenaline work and it could be better, they could give us F1, F2, and F3 abilities and F1 uses 1 bar, F2 uses 2 bars and F3 uses 3 bars of adrenaline, rather than oh I missed my burst I guess I'll wait on the entire CD and re-gain all my adrenaline back, while thieves don't have to worry about that with their malice if they miss.
  • Re-work our elite spec's burst abilities along with the above adrenaline rework

Tactics are just part of what needs fixed, albeit a large part.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Warrior has allot of things that I think could use some love...

• Warhorn/warhorn trait
  • Shouts/shout traits
  • Banners/banner trait

I think that these 3 should be fixed first.

Currently few choices dominate warrior meta:healing signet = heal of choice for mostgreatsword = found in most of the spvp/WvWvW buildsshield = dittoBuffing any of these directly or indirectly will just push even more warriors to use these.

Almost everybody selects strength/discipline trait lines. Defence is also popular. Tactics is probably the least popular trait line?

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Warrior has allot of things that I think could use some love...
  • Warhorn/warhorn trait
  • Shouts/shout traits
  • Banners/banner trait

I think that these 3 should be fixed first.

Currently few choices dominate warrior meta:
healing signet = heal of choice for mostgreatsword = found in most of the spvp/WvWvW buildsshield = dittoBuffing any of these directly or indirectly will just push even more warriors to use these.

Almost everybody selects strength/discipline trait lines. Defence is also popular. Tactics is probably the least popular trait line?

Yup and with 2 (3 if you wanna count the shout auto too) of those in the tactics trait line it's easy to see why tactics is the least popular trait line.

An added idea:What if burning arrows (major master trait in tactics) would also make the 2nd attack (or 1st) arrow of dual shot (LB #1) into 100 % projectile finisher. This would have some synergy with Powerful Synergy (major grandmaster trait).

Most projectile finishers aren't powerful, so I don't think would be overpowered at all.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leap_finisher

Core warrior has access to just one field: fire field from combustive shot.Berserker warrior also has access to just one field: fire field from combustive shot, scorched earth and flames of war.projectile finisher in a fire field causes mere 1 second of burning.

Spellbreaker isn't likely to take tactics line anyways. Spellbreaker has access to a Lightning field from Winds of Disenchantment elite skill, which has 90 s cooldown. With a projectile finisher you can get few stacks of vulnerability.

Archived