Dominion of the Winds

Beyond Lions Arch, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, and Caledon Forest (I am sure other places) protected by a wall and by Tengue is Dominion of the Winds. This sounds like a great name for an Expansion pack, maybe leading us back to Cantha since most Tengue were in Cantha. I do hope that we do, one day, return to Cantha thru the Dominion of the Winds, although the Sea of Sorrows seems pretty crowded already, as we have just somehow made it to Elona. I am sure the Tengu know how to get to Cantha. Factions was my favorite part of Guild Wars followed by Eye of the North.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:A Canthan expansion pack that opens up the Dominion of the Winds......

Maybe one day. My personal belief is we will be going north to the Shiverpeaks and the Charr homelands first. Which would mean a Canthan expansion is years away.

We are already in these areas.. has the Jade Sea returned to a sea, are the afflicted still there, has the Dragons influenced life there.

@Texas.4861 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:A Canthan expansion pack that opens up the Dominion of the Winds......

Maybe one day. My personal belief is we will be going north to the Shiverpeaks and the Charr homelands first. Which would mean a Canthan expansion is years away.

We are already in these areas.. has the Jade Sea returned to a sea, are the afflicted still there, has the Dragons influenced life there.

We are partly in those areas but we haven’t had an expansion going specifically to them. Since we’ve already had a story line discussing Jormag (Braham) and a reference to the Charr that came out of nowhere (the Legendary dagger, Claw of the Khan-Ur), my guess is that the next expansion will be heading north to those areas.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:We are partly in those areas but we haven’t had an expansion going specifically to them. Since we’ve already had a story line discussing Jormag (Braham) and a reference to the Charr that came out of nowhere (the Legendary dagger, Claw of the Khan-Ur), my guess is that the next expansion will be heading north to those areas.

I thought Tami said killing more Dragons, at this time, would upset the magical balance of Tyria. .. thats why it's a good time to get in touch with Cantha... :)and the Khan-Ur may reunite the Charr, but are they then going to turn on us, or the Ghosts? ..(bad speeler)

Two expansions you mean? They went so far east I imagine they’ll make a Charr lands one as far that way as they want and say it’s one region. Although to be honest I’d rather see them label the lands over there with new names. If you look at the full map, there’s absolutely no way that it could all be blazeridge and blood legion lands

We need an expansion with a non elder dragons antagonist( no not inquest). Tengu and cantha makes sense imo. If the Asian trope is an issue, be creative. The Anet art department has been consistently strong throughout gw2s run, I’m sure they could handle it.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:A Canthan expansion pack that opens up the Dominion of the Winds......

Two expansions you mean? They went so far east I imagine they’ll make a Charr lands one as far that way as they want and say it’s one region. Although to be honest I’d rather see them label the lands over there with new names. If you look at the full map, there’s absolutely no way that it could all be blazeridge and blood legion lands

Might be one. Might be two. The Charr lands up north and the Norn homelands border each other. It could possibly combine the two if Jormag has taken part of the Charr territory.

Edit: Grothmar wardowns, Dalada Uplands, Sacnoth valley: GW1&GW2 overlay

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

We are partly in those areas but we haven’t had an expansion going specifically to them. Since we’ve already had a story line discussing Jormag (Braham) and a reference to the Charr that came out of nowhere (the Legendary dagger, Claw of the Khan-Ur), my guess is that the next expansion will be heading north to those areas.

It doesn't sound much appealing for my personal taste.

@Brother.1504 said:We need an expansion with a non elder dragons antagonist( no not inquest). Tengu and cantha makes sense imo. If the Asian trope is an issue, be creative. The Anet are department has been consistently strong throughout gw2s run, I’m sure they could handle it.Yes, this is what I am taking about... a new totally different threat... Could be another one of the Six Gods, but they are part of Tyria and not Cantha. maybe an antagonistic group like the White Mantel who have taken over Cantha and using some sort of Powers. We had Kanaxai in The Deep, Urgoz in Urgoz Warren, Shiro and the Afflicted. Plenty of lore to work with besides a dragon even though it is Cantha. Who knows what happened there in the last 250 years. Be creative and not repetitive Anet. How many Dragons do we need to fight.

Archived