Shard farming is now tedious... can you review PvP

I've lost what 40 of the last 60 games, I don't care about the rank just the ascended shards and it's getting annoying to farm, cause of the inordinate amount of losses lately :)

Is there a better way/different way not to just match people up but make the game more even maybe like in golf have a handicap?Or maybe allow us to get shards somewhere we have more control over the outcome... like 3v3??

Devs need to see this and remove rewards from ranked....the only rewards on a ladder/leaderboard based system should be your placement and at most 1 gold for each won game. If that is not enough for you to get involved in rank que then, ranked que is not for you....end of story move on...if it will bring along a dead game mode so be it, at least it will have the competitive edge over unranked. Because for some more then i would like to see its rewards(ranked) over unranked

@Angelweave.1856 said:I've lost what 40 of the last 60 games, I don't care about the rank just the ascended shards and it's getting annoying to farm, cause of the inordinate amount of losses lately :)You seem to be playing the mode not for the primary objective of rising in rank but for the secondary objective of gathering rewards. Although I in no way disapprove of your actions, you should also take that into consideration. Ranked was initially intended to be played for prestige and rewards were an extra incentive to somewhat offset the time lost which could be utilized to obtain PvE rewards.

Or maybe allow us to get shards somewhere we have more control over the outcome... like 3v3??I would be in complete support of extra modes such as 3v3 etc. but with an adjusted reward structure. Perhaps not shards, but a new currency for different armor/weapons.

@Airdive.2613 said:The actual primary objective of ranked is to play fun and balanced PvP games.You cannot just climb the ladder at will.(Edited for grammar.)Not really. There is a reason you have a rank ladder, divisions, achievements for top positions and so on. This mode is clearly designed for players that want to compete against each other. You can practice, train, learn playing more classes, read about PvP, watch top players' videos and many other things that will finally will get you in a better rank position. Playing to farm shards certainly won't.

@Angelweave.1856 said:I've lost what 40 of the last 60 games, I don't care about the rank just the ascended shards and it's getting annoying to farm, cause of the inordinate amount of losses lately :)

Is there a better way/different way not to just match people up but make the game more even maybe like in golf have a handicap?Or maybe allow us to get shards somewhere we have more control over the outcome... like 3v3??

If you cared a little more about your rank, you'd get your shards faster.

1. Putting in the effort to get better and win your matches results in higher pip gain.
  2. Playing in higher divisions ALSO results in increased pip gain.

So, by not caring about your rank and playing solely for the rewards, you're just making it harder to actually get what you want.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Your doing ranked q just for shards?

yet another reason why rank isn't skilled base........... farming for shards lols.

But GW2 has never been skill-based.

Considering that players using the same meta builds all achieve vastly different results compared to others using those very same builds, I’d say skills matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.I have been playing this amazing game and I like it a lot, but don't decrease the number of Ascended Shards on New Season that starts next week on PVP LEAGUE!The last Season, each Rewards we got 100 Ascended Shards, so they Took -25 Ascended Shards for this next season.... Did you realize that? This is unfair!!!!!! Why did Guild Wars 2 Support do that???? That's so difficult to win the Ranked Game to get Ascended shards and they change to get even worse????? Come on....... I want to get my Ascended Armor as son as possible, and PVP SEASON is the only way to get it.....Please, We need reconsideration of all about it. Hey guys, if you have time, please make a ticket for complaining about it please.I just wanna get my Ascended Armor ASAP. Can't have it sooner because of that new update........

Regards

Archived