So.. EU's WvW is just too huge compared to NA's

Ryudnard.2587

@Threather.9354 said:I was on NA a while and I noticed following things:

• The guilds weren't going for fights, just for wins. I literally watched 20 man guilds to wait for another guild to blob 15-man guild down on openfield. Don't they know how to count the players or something? (lack of commander quality/ambition even in guilds?)

You got it so right.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Ryudnard.2587" said:EU's Tier 4 KDA ratio is about the same as that of NA's Tier 1.

As an example, Blackgate currently has 36.0k kills/28.0k deaths. This is roughly the same as EU's t-4 server, Desolation, who has 34.0k kills/27.0k deaths.

EU's t-1 server, Whiteside Ridge, is sitting at 61.0k kills / 39.0k deaths. I am kinda speechless. Is the WvW at EU having 24/7 peak time or what?

Definitely not for Desolation. Desolation is just a "high" status server (not full or very high). We can barely get a queue to 1 map, while other maps are often outnumbered. Typical situation in prime time when most of the kills and deaths occur is no queue to any map.

I guess the meta and fights are just very different in NA. I have never been in NA, so I cannot comment that, but I am sure many players have seen both sides of the pond.

@aspirine.5839 said:

@Threather.9354 said:I was on NA a while and I noticed following things:
  • Lack of proper open guardian commanders whereas typical EU servers had decent guild voice open comms on 2-3 maps on primetime.
  • The guilds weren't going for fights, just for wins. I literally watched 20 man guilds to wait for another guild to blob 15-man guild down on openfield. Don't they know how to count the players or something? (lack of commander quality/ambition even in guilds?)

Even in EU, amount of decent open tagging commanders has been dropping overtime, thus lower tiers are becoming less and less quality when remaining experienced commanders move to higher tiers so they don't have to lead 24/7. At least every servers commanders join voice comms typically which is already better than NA 2 years ago.

T1 is still doing super great in EU, I might pop there as well, you can't really build a server on only 1 guild or 1-2 commanders. Lower tiers still have enemies, and lot of them, I can pop to wvw in the middle of deadest hours in T4 and find 10+ man enemy group to fight/troll but lack of people who care is very heavy because 1 active tryhard guild/commander could make a t5 server into a t1 server currently.
Like any server that gets linked with Ring of Fire that has basically 1 guild that plays desert map everyday ppting typically ends up in t1.

Oh yeah, that's definitely us ;)

A lot of work goes into that, because all of our links hate us by default and never help.

:) Well not all the time. Last couple of weeks I have seen a lot of saves from EB when Wy Man or other commanders called for help.

That is true. Gandara is nicer in that regard

What do you mean, FSP is nice too. It was only once we led an enemy zerg to Wy Man and his guild standing afk in a camp, come on.

Yeah, sometimes he doesn't call his afk and people fail to react when something happens xD

FSP was mostly bad experiences for us though. I think there was like one guild that came to the desert actually, the rest just told us to shut up whenever we asked for help or they kept insulting in teamchat for whatever reason. Pretty hostile, not sure what caused that.

I don't think it was directed at you or your guild btw, because Wy Man did lead enough of EB groups and everyone followed him because he was good. I think the hate for the Desert BL on FSP is the biggest of all the servers I have been on.

Well sucks to hear that your experience on my other server has been a bad one. For what it's worth, Sorry for that :/

Oh some people definitely do direct it at us, just call is a PvE guild farming afk pips etc. Not very harmful or offensive that (we're a PvX guild after all) but you can tell some people really mean bad things when they constantly say that and spam teamchat. All good though, since gladly teamchat is entirely optional.

@glass.3245 said:So glad to see that Wy Man is still tagging up. I was worried that all those bad links ROF has had might have killed his spirit.

He's like a force of nature :D

Edit: vs FSP this week ;) Good luck

• 2 months later...

This thread is pretty entertaining.

All these "alive" servers that are already dead. Fun howmuch things can change during 2 months.All these stacked servers full of guilds and blobs that now have neither.

Are there commanders left in EU WvW?

The idea of EU being far more invested in fighting than in PPT'ing isn't that new. NA still plays coverage and PPT wars 24/7. PPT actually works way better and EU / SEA coverage in NA is far bigger (relative to peak numbers) than on NA. This makes "nightcapping" far more effective in EU than it is in NA. It also makes it so that during EU prime, PPT is nearly irrelevant. If you want to ppt, you'll quickly run into defenders and if you want to fight you're likely to find enemies for that too. Because both sides have very respectable numbers, usually hundreds of players even on lower servers. Not necessarily organised, good players willing to fight eachother... But they're there!

EU players PPT and coverage wars 18 hours a day, then during EU prime every server has atleast 100 or so players. High end servers more than that around prime. Servers either fight or PPT to force the enemy PPT server to fight. No point in actually PPT'ing on primetime in terms of points.

But aside all that : total kills on NA and EU is much more comparable lately. Perhaps the hot EU summers. Perhaps the fact that literally all GvG guilds and most raiding guilds quit in the last 2 months. Perhaps the fact that most servers, both fight servers and PPT servers are losing their last commanders and driving players.We'll find out how it evolves ;)

@Etheri.5406 said:But aside all that : total kills on NA and EU is much more comparable lately. Perhaps the hot EU summers. Perhaps the fact that literally all GvG guilds and most raiding guilds quit in the last 2 months. Perhaps the fact that most servers, both fight servers and PPT servers are losing their last commanders and driving players.We'll find out how it evolves ;)Winter is coming!

@Player.9621 said:the thing about blackgate right now is theyre facing 2 t4s being carried by 1 t1 and no matter how hard 1/3rd of that link works it cant fix the mess the other 2/3rds make in the off hours

Blackgate is fine. They are facing what they have brought in the past.

They don't have near the coverage that they once did, but just looking at KDR..... the other two teams may have more coverage but their are some wet paper bags out there that some just can't get out of.

https://wvwstats.com/leaderboard

based on activity, yes eu has more.

consistent activity - the spread is a bit better in na. more servers with similar activity.

skill... not sure anymore. i cant base this on previous experience since i play exclusively on na now.

builds... well eu is more stable probably on using their meta. in na - builds are more in tune with guild builds. so diversity in na is more.

Archived