So.. EU's WvW is just too huge compared to NA's

Ryudnard.2587

@aspirine.5839 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:But is Blackgate also filled with bandwagon guilds that want to fight pug groups?

What does your question have to do with this topic?

Also, we are a few years away from 2014, and tournaments, where many servers "encouraged" guilds to join their servers.

It will define the kill death ratio a lot if your majority is made out of large guilds. Because if you compare BG with WSR that is the case.

and that still doesn't answer if there are more total players on eu vs us. you want to count kdr as some measuring stick without knowing what's going on during a particular match up?

you peeps are better off asking the devs directly for that info instead of trying to make guesses.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:I wonder if it has to do with the rate at which Europeans buy games versus US (or China). Like if tariff mark ups cause new game purchases to be less often due to the higher cost. Maybe influencing people to stick to a game longer.

You tryna sau Euro plebs are too poor?

Cuz I was totally gonna suggest Spain's unemployment rate may explain BB's nightcapping success xD

@LetoII.3782 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:I wonder if it has to do with the rate at which Europeans buy games versus US (or China). Like if tariff mark ups cause new game purchases to be less often due to the higher cost. Maybe influencing people to stick to a game longer.

Cuz I was totally gonna suggest Spain's unemployment rate may explain BB's nightcapping success xD

Lol. No. I mean like in Brazil there is a high mark up so peeps don't buy video games as often. Thus stuck with the same game for longer than Muricans. Who might not have a tariff mark up so they can buy every iteration of Call of Booty or w.e.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

Lol. No. I mean like in Brazil there is a high mark up so peeps don't buy video games as often. Thus stuck with the same game for longer than Muricans. Who might not have a tariff mark up so they can buy every iteration of Call of Booty or w.e.

Brits pay less than 'muricans for games O.OAnd U.S. teenagers get.cod every year for Christmas because it's an easy score for parents. Comes out every November, just in time.Thank you, Activision

I'd venture Brazil sees a markup because of it's developing nation status and all the studios being in first world's.. But that's just a guess.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Brits pay less than 'muricans for games O.OAnd U.S. teenagers get.cod every year for Christmas because it's an easy score for parents. Comes out every November, just in time.Thank you, Activision

I'd venture Brazil sees a markup because of it's developing nation status and all the studios being in first world's.. But that's just a guess.

Da kitten* (I forgot that mods don't like me saying fuq)? Why you spitfires paying less?

D:

Oh, Kotaku says they don't know because it's a secret.

Of course...this is kotaku. Reliable sources are reliable?

How much does Destiny 2 cost in the EU?

@aspirine.5839 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Playing against Whiteside Ridge currently. They seem to always have at least 30 man around, 80% Scourge and Firebrands. They are good.

Also: Many WvW guilds swapped to that server some time ago if I remember correctly.

Same server as you currently. THey are not bad indeed. But PuG group like our server is rare on wsr, they consist mostly of guilds and that makes fighting pug groups easier imo. But indeed they seem to have a good population round the clock.

I am on GH, linked with WSR. Almost all squads running around are PUG as far as I can tell. Exceptions are KISS and ego, both GH.

And don't even get me started on a certain WSR commander that embodies everything I dislike about wvw (but he wins fights... ).

@intox.6347 said:

@Garrus.7403 said:Still vabbi was farming them and had better kd. I think half of deso transfered to wsr also. GH link server also has some links and has a dedicated ppt crew.It looks like 80% of deso guilds transfered to WSR, its classic bandwagon syndrom... they dont want to fight them so they join them and farm weaklings who left.

It was just one guild and a bunch of other guys.T1 is awful anyway, being #1, stacked and left to drakkar and gandara every other week, just got dull.

Fighting Vabbi was at least a challenge, even though the general pug population complained and the more hardcore got frustrated about the wipes, which caused a bit of drama. To be honest they've built a strong fighting server community though, it's hard to build that nowadays, with the population and links.

Anyway, at least the relinking is at the end of next month.

I was on NA a while and I noticed following things:

• Lack of proper open guardian commanders whereas typical EU servers had decent guild voice open comms on 2-3 maps on primetime.
  • The guilds weren't going for fights, just for wins. I literally watched 20 man guilds to wait for another guild to blob 15-man guild down on openfield. Don't they know how to count the players or something? (lack of commander quality/ambition even in guilds?)

Even in EU, amount of decent open tagging commanders has been dropping overtime, thus lower tiers are becoming less and less quality when remaining experienced commanders move to higher tiers so they don't have to lead 24/7. At least every servers commanders join voice comms typically which is already better than NA 2 years ago.

T1 is still doing super great in EU, I might pop there as well, you can't really build a server on only 1 guild or 1-2 commanders. Lower tiers still have enemies, and lot of them, I can pop to wvw in the middle of deadest hours in T4 and find 10+ man enemy group to fight/troll but lack of people who care is very heavy because 1 active tryhard guild/commander could make a t5 server into a t1 server currently. Like any server that gets linked with Ring of Fire that has basically 1 guild that plays desert map everyday ppting typically ends up in t1.

@Threather.9354 said:I was on NA a while and I noticed following things:

• Lack of proper open guardian commanders whereas typical EU servers had decent guild voice open comms on 2-3 maps on primetime.
  • The guilds weren't going for fights, just for wins. I literally watched 20 man guilds to wait for another guild to blob 15-man guild down on openfield. Don't they know how to count the players or something? (lack of commander quality/ambition even in guilds?)

Even in EU, amount of decent open tagging commanders has been dropping overtime, thus lower tiers are becoming less and less quality when remaining experienced commanders move to higher tiers so they don't have to lead 24/7. At least every servers commanders join voice comms typically which is already better than NA 2 years ago.

T1 is still doing super great in EU, I might pop there as well, you can't really build a server on only 1 guild or 1-2 commanders. Lower tiers still have enemies, and lot of them, I can pop to wvw in the middle of deadest hours in T4 and find 10+ man enemy group to fight/troll but lack of people who care is very heavy because 1 active tryhard guild/commander could make a t5 server into a t1 server currently. Like any server that gets linked with Ring of Fire that has basically 1 guild that plays desert map everyday ppting typically ends up in t1.

Oh yeah, that's definitely us ;)

A lot of work goes into that, because all of our links hate us by default and never help.

@Blocki.4931 said:

T1 is still doing super great in EU, I might pop there as well, you can't really build a server on only 1 guild or 1-2 commanders. Lower tiers still have enemies, and lot of them, I can pop to wvw in the middle of deadest hours in T4 and find 10+ man enemy group to fight/troll but lack of people who care is very heavy because 1 active tryhard guild/commander could make a t5 server into a t1 server currently.
Like any server that gets linked with Ring of Fire that has basically 1 guild that plays desert map everyday ppting typically ends up in t1.

A lot of work goes into that, because all of our links hate us by default and never help.

:) Well not all the time. Last couple of weeks I have seen a lot of saves from EB when Wy Man or other commanders called for help.

@Ryudnard.2587 said:EU's Tier 4 KDA ratio is about the same as that of NA's Tier 1.

As an example, Blackgate currently has 36.0k kills/28.0k deaths. This is roughly the same as EU's t-4 server, Desolation, who has 34.0k kills/27.0k deaths.

EU's t-1 server, Whiteside Ridge, is sitting at 61.0k kills / 39.0k deaths. I am kinda speechless. Is the WvW at EU having 24/7 peak time or what?

Yeah sorry about that, WSR usually tries to get a better K/D ratio.

@Garrus.7403 said:

@Garrus.7403 said:Still vabbi was farming them and had better kd. I think half of deso transfered to wsr also. GH link server also has some links and has a dedicated ppt crew.It looks like 80% of deso guilds transfered to WSR, its classic bandwagon syndrom... they dont want to fight them so they join them and farm weaklings who left.

Ye someone said they have like 5 guilds on every border. Sitting in queues must be fun I guess. :)

That isn’t close to being true on any day but Friday. Sure Friday reset queues will be 20-50 each border and 100-150 on EB but Saturday onwards there’s barely any queues except to EB because everyone wants big castle I guess. Mind you Gandara vs FSP vs WSR will probably bring everyone out of the woodwork, should be a nice match up for everyone to enjoy.

Blackgate is akin to T5 EU?Well shoot, move that server over to the EU latter! They can climb it again!Honestly though, NA has enough action for me. I don't need to see twice as many players twice as often lagging the maps down with their queues. That's #3 on the list of reasons I prefer avoiding T1.

~ Kovu

@aspirine.5839 said:

T1 is still doing super great in EU, I might pop there as well, you can't really build a server on only 1 guild or 1-2 commanders. Lower tiers still have enemies, and lot of them, I can pop to wvw in the middle of deadest hours in T4 and find 10+ man enemy group to fight/troll but lack of people who care is very heavy because 1 active tryhard guild/commander could make a t5 server into a t1 server currently.
Like any server that gets linked with Ring of Fire that has basically 1 guild that plays desert map everyday ppting typically ends up in t1.

:) Well not all the time. Last couple of weeks I have seen a lot of saves from EB when Wy Man or other commanders called for help.

That is true. Gandara is nicer in that regard

@Blocki.4931 said:

What do you mean, FSP is nice too. It was only once we led an enemy zerg to Wy Man and his guild standing afk in a camp, come on.

eu servers population is much more concentrated, afterall, is regional server, thus the population balance is better than na which naturally result in more people willing to take on blob. on other hand, na population balance is simply bad since it has to take off hours into consideration

Im in NA and have met many people who came to NA from EU and there are complaints. Despite the slightly higher ping in NA for them, they still prefer NA overall.

From what I gather, EU WvW is like a constant NA PvP tournament...Something that the greater population takes very seriously. In NA its a bit more relaxed, less zergs and more roamers/small scale (so more duels). Its like WvW is casual in NA and far from it in EU. Commanders are known to kick classes and utilize stronger strats than NA. The expectation of those in WvW are higher in EU than NA and they have no qualm to boot you without warning.

Essentially its less fun, however better led. (Kinda like all work and little to no fun)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

What do you mean, FSP is nice too. It was only once we led an enemy zerg to Wy Man and his guild standing afk in a camp, come on.

Yeah, sometimes he doesn't call his afk and people fail to react when something happens xD

FSP was mostly bad experiences for us though. I think there was like one guild that came to the desert actually, the rest just told us to shut up whenever we asked for help or they kept insulting in teamchat for whatever reason. Pretty hostile, not sure what caused that.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Yeah, sometimes he doesn't call his afk and people fail to react when something happens xD

FSP was mostly bad experiences for us though. I think there was like one guild that came to the desert actually, the rest just told us to shut up whenever we asked for help or they kept insulting in teamchat for whatever reason. Pretty hostile, not sure what caused that.

I don't think it was directed at you or your guild btw, because Wy Man did lead enough of EB groups and everyone followed him because he was good. I think the hate for the Desert BL on FSP is the biggest of all the servers I have been on.

Well sucks to hear that your experience on my other server has been a bad one. For what it's worth, Sorry for that :/

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Im in NA and have met many people who came to NA from EU and there are complaints. Despite the slightly higher ping in NA for them, they still prefer NA overall.

From what I gather, EU WvW is like a constant NA PvP tournament...Something that the greater population takes very seriously. In NA its a bit more relaxed, less zergs and more roamers/small scale (so more duels). Its like WvW is casual in NA and far from it in EU. Commanders are known to kick classes and utilize stronger strats than NA. The expectation of those in WvW are higher in EU than NA and they have no qualm to boot you without warning.

Essentially its less fun, however better led. (Kinda like all work and little to no fun)

That has not been my experience of EU so far. It's been pretty chill here. I've not gotten in coms once and I've yet to get kicked from a squad and honestly most of the players are just as bad as the NA players they just follow a tag better sometimes.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Im in NA and have met many people who came to NA from EU and there are complaints. Despite the slightly higher ping in NA for them, they still prefer NA overall.

That has not been my experience of EU so far. It's been pretty chill here. I've not gotten in coms once and I've yet to get kicked from a squad and honestly most of the players are just as bad as the NA players they just follow a tag better sometimes.

It is possible the people ive met/recruited were part of a minority then...or maybe you are. Who knows. This was just my opinion based on what I am told :)

I also know (from NA) that diff servers give diff experiences so it may be the server they were on, or the server you are on...who knows.

Thanks for confirming its not ALL that bad.

Also...hows the ping compared to NA?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

It is possible the people ive met/recruited were part of a minority then...or maybe you are. Who knows. This was just my opinion based on what I am told :)

I also know (from NA) that diff servers give diff experiences so it may be the server they were on, or the server you are on...who knows.

Thanks for confirming its not ALL that bad.

Also...hows the ping compared to NA?

My ping on NA servers is usually 40-65 and my ping on EU usually stays around 150 but sometimes i get crazy 1k spikes and i have to wait for them to go away but it's usually ok. I've heard west coast people have it a lot worse.

Archived