So what happened to hot join?

Larynx.2453

Haven't played for a few years so I'm out of touch with the current game. I come back and look at hot join, and there's literally less than 10 people total across all servers. Does no one PvP anymore or does everyone just exclusively run Unranked now?

@Larynx.2453 said:Haven't played for a few years so I'm out of touch with the current game. I come back and look at hot join, and there's literally less than 10 people total across all servers. Does no one PvP anymore or does everyone just exclusively run Unranked now?

Yeah. Everyone playing casually does unranked. Hot joins are only really used for dailies, dueling, and special events like Mist Challengers.

i miss hotjoin, even with the unbalanced / same teams every match. it was fun to just run around and pew pew ppl like it was death match. they were basically chat rooms lol, i remember server 001 i think it was and would see the same heads in there every day. good ppl. was fun laughing at the tryhards trying to cap points too lawl.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Abazigal.3679" said:I personnaly miss hotjoin and believe it was needed in order to make beginners learn better.

Switching team just because 1 person on the other team is rofl stomping your team isn't my idea of a player getting better lmao

You still had chances at finding players from your level. Even for " good " players, this is a good way to practice new builds, since you first start against beginners, then practice in unranked, then in ranked. I myself struggle playing thief in unranked ( although i'm facing people from my rank..)

If you tell me you can get better when discovering and experimenting thief against scourges spellbreakers and mirages, then i'm waiting for tutorials..

@Abazigal.3679 said:

@Abazigal.3679 said:I personnaly miss hotjoin and believe it was needed in order to make beginners learn better.

Switching team just because 1 person on the other team is rofl stomping your team isn't my idea of a player getting better lmao

You still had chances at finding players from your level. Even for " good " players, this is a good way to practice new builds, since you first start against beginners, then practice in unranked, then in ranked. I myself struggle playing thief in unranked ( although i'm facing people from my rank..)

If you tell me you can get better when discovering and experimenting thief against scourges spellbreakers and mirages, then i'm waiting for tutorials..

you're asking me if there is a tutorial for gaining experience?

I'd say practice would be a good start, learning the game mechanics would maybe be another suggestion or how your build can effect an enemy the most....

playing thief as a newbie I would stay to decapping and doing the +1 role...

hopefully that helps.

To be fair, all hotjoins ever were was a place to test builds against other players, mixed with the benefit of getting your daily done. With the FFA arena having come into existence, it takes HJ's niche and does it better. No more having to through a loading screen to get into the action, and you can still get your daily player kills done there.

Archived