Black Lion chest question

I am just curious if you get duplicates of some account bound items such as mount skins that you obviously can not use again as you have it unlocked already are you able to gift it? are you able to get it again if that is allowed by their rng can we be refunded or give it to another person who does not have it? or if not what can be done please.

I had this happened to me recently. I opened 25 Black Lion Chests back to back.(the first time I've done more than one at a time) I got a mini that I had already unlocked before I started that string of 25 chests, and I got a duplicate mount skin as an inventory item. I think the mount skins popped back to back, The first one automatically unlocked the mount in the wardrobe. Then the next dropped into my inventory as an item. I guess I should have been opening the chests more slowly? I've put in a ticket, but haven't heard back yet.(only 1 business day has passed)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already checked. The mount skin item can't be sold. The tool-tip reads: "consumable account bound". Right-click options are preview, use, and destroy. And yes, I've checked to make sure the mount is actually unlocked. I'm using it on two of my characters. So it is definitely already unlocked.

@"Biff.5312" said:I'm really surprised to hear that it happens. As far as I can tell, any account-bound skin is not duplicated. I've had minis duplicate, but only ones you can sell.

There have been some bugs, and some "players did what!?" issues. I recall quite some time ago the easiest way to trigger this was to have the skin in your inventory, but not unlocked on the account, and open more boxes. The system didn't check for that case, so you could get a theoretically unbounded number of duplicates until you unlocked one. (Obviously, only for things that didn't automatically unlock the skin in the wardrobe.)

It is certainly possible this has reoccurred. An ticket with CS will sort out the problem, though: once it gets processed, they will be in touch to make the appropriate exchange for you, and you will get your key(s).

Archived