Some smaller guild halls for smaller guilds

We already have small guild halls for small guilds. Anet just chose not to use them as actual guild halls but instead some weird instance no one ever uses outside of starting the mission to get the real guild hall, since the small guild hall isnt a true guild hall. Its stupid really.

@JDub.1530 said:I'm not following what is wrong with the current guild halls with respect to small guilds. Is the problem the means/cost of capturing it? The cost of upgrades? The size alone?

We're a private guild of close friends. For me, it is the means/cost factor. It feels weird to me to ask others to help in this endeavor, and then kick them out of the guild.

@Yargesh.4965 said:It takes 4 people to claim a guild hall. EDIT the people who help claim do not need to be in your guild only in your party/squad.I have 2 private halls in the 24-27 range.How much smaller do you need?

Yeah, I did an LFG and got 6 other people to help capture my personal hall. If you're a small guild then you don't really need to max out the level, just get the buildings restored and whatever boosts and features you want. Have someone max out their scribe and you're all set.

I'd imagine LFG is a great place to look for help. Some people may have missed out on their opportunity to cap their own guild's hall and want the experience. Last time I did it, I think there were 4 of us (give or take a person).

And if your guild can run T4 fractals together for a week (or less), you should be able to afford the gold cost too.

@JDub.1530 said:I'm not following what is wrong with the current guild halls with respect to small guilds. Is the problem the means/cost of capturing it? The cost of upgrades? The size alone?

... literally everything is wrong. Its a 20k+ paywall for things we already had. The thing is, this is what we should have gotten:

Small guild hall (city instance)

• No customization
  • basic traders
  • limited PvE upgrades
  • limited WvW upgrades
  • limited mission slots
  • etc= a cheap hall for 1-5 peeps that doesnt require grabbing a guild hall, but cant really be tailored either. Its just the basic hall. WvW upgrades would for example allow for camp and tower claiming, but not keep and SM because those upgrades arent available without the structures that require a big guild hall.

Big guild hall (zone instance)

• fully customizable
  • all the buildings, tavern, etc
  • full PvE and WvW upgrades
  • all the mission slots
  • arena
  • etc= A considerably more expensive hall for 5+ peeps that you can build up from scratch.

But I digress. Its not what we got. We have a level 40 or something hall that 5 people in my guild have built up over these years, I'm not at a loss. But its still stupid expensive. We dont even want 90% of the things, but as a WvW guild we where forced into it, just to get back the capabilities we had before the halls.

@Yargesh.4965 said:It takes 4 people to claim a guild hall. EDIT the people who help claim do not need to be in your guild only in your party/squad.I have 2 private halls in the 24-27 range.How much smaller do you need?

I had no issue obtaining a guild hall.

in response to those saying that it doesnt look like ruins if you upgrade it, I have almost 80% of the upgrades, and all buildings are built, so I know that it DOES still look like ruins.

A good guild hall, that is meant for smaller guilds, or even bigger guilds if they want it,

• Caudecus's Manor (let us buy it)
  • a small town, like south east of kessex hills (wizards fief)
  • a cave/tunnel somewhere
  • small location like fort salma in kessex hills
  • small village like the one south west of queensdale

something compact would be nice, dont need it to be dead, barren, and spread out. I wanna feel at home in a guild hall, not lost in it.

all of those are good sizes, we didnt need a guild hall as massive as the lost precipice, but its good to have it because others like it.

I trully sorry but I fail completly on seeing the problem here.

The idea of a guildhall is to evolve it as people come in, it doesnt have to be INMEDIATLY use the whole map, not at all, that is a process, that is a step by step.

If the problem is that is a small guild, hey, my guild is big but one thing we did to keep things vivd and has worked so far is to give the members free ability to decor and help the guild and use the assembly machine once they hit a time gate and we have seen they are trust worthy, so far has been n8ce and the guild looks pretty vivid, not like just ruins.

Over all, I am sorry if I missed the point, but is not about the guild hall needing to be smaller or any size, is about time, about communal effort.

(Also sorry for my English, just in case)

@Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:I trully sorry but I fail completly on seeing the problem here.

The idea of a guildhall is to evolve it as people come in, it doesnt have to be INMEDIATLY use the whole map, not at all, that is a process, that is a step by step.

If the problem is that is a small guild, hey, my guild is big but one thing we did to keep things vivd and has worked so far is to give the members free ability to decor and help the guild and use the assembly machine once they hit a time gate and we have seen they are trust worthy, so far has been n8ce and the guild looks pretty vivid, not like just ruins.

Over all, I am sorry if I missed the point, but is not about the guild hall needing to be smaller or any size, is about time, about communal effort.

the point is that some people don't want a big guild, or to be part of a big guild, they want to just be in smaller contained space with their pals.I'm not saying to get rid of giant guild halls, im just saying that they can try to please people who prefer small guilds/guild halls as well because they exist

@Kranis.7591 said:

@Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:I trully sorry but I fail completly on seeing the problem here.

the point is that some people don't want a big guild, or to be part of a big guild, they want to just be in smaller contained space with their pals.I'm not saying to get rid of giant guild halls, im just saying that they can try to please people who prefer small guilds/guild halls as well because they exist

Well if.. you want an opinion on small guildhalls I think the new one suits that since is pretty small (comparing to the other 2 that are more complex and more stuffed with ruins and walls if you know what I mean)

But yes I see a bit your point, well I wouldnt be at all against new content and new guild halls are new content, maybe one a bit smaller than the usual and another big one to add more variety in guild hall styles and fit likings.

Archived