Elf Ears

@Polarbear.9604 said:I think you underestimate the flood of people who would play the game if even a cosmetic addition would allow them to feel as though they were playing their favorite fantasy creature. It isn't about standards being played out... it's about people, true long term patrons of the game, feeling more represented and thought of in the ongoing progress/development of the game they love.I agree, there is a plethora of items/gamemodes/story/everything that could be fixed, added or taken away. This was just a personal wish, which is just as valid as your disdain of the same subject.

I think you overestimate the number of people who dont like the gameplay, art design, content design, business model, release schedule, and so on enough to play the game, who would set aside all of those dislikes just because an ear modification was added to a couple of the game's races.

@"Ardid.7203" said:I vote yes for this.1st reason is because the game already have a lot of "anti-immersive" stuff, so satisfying a bunch of people that really want this wouldn't do much damage and will actually be useful for them.2nd reason is because it would make any Elven thing, including Largos, EVEN LESS LIKELY to eventually show up as a playable race.

IMO: Keep this in the inoffensive fetish area, save me from a full fleshed aberration in game.

You just made me have an actual opinion on this (besides the not fitting with more than 2 races really). No to elf ears, if it makes largos less likely to become playable. Sure it is already waaaaay unlikely and I'd honestly want tengu a lot more. But still. Solely for this reason I will be against elf ears.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Polarbear.9604 said:I think you underestimate the flood of people who would play the game if even a cosmetic addition would allow them to feel as though they were playing their favorite fantasy creature. It isn't about standards being played out... it's about people, true long term patrons of the game, feeling more represented and thought of in the ongoing progress/development of the game they love.I agree, there is a plethora of items/gamemodes/story/everything that could be fixed, added or taken away. This was just a personal wish, which is just as valid as your disdain of the same subject.

I think you overestimate the number of people who dont like the gameplay, art design, content design, business model, release schedule, and so on enough to play the game, who would set aside all of those dislikes just because an ear modification was added to a couple of the game's races.

In addition I think he overestimates the number of non players who would even know if there are Elf Ears in the gemstore. Unless there’s someone keeping tabs on the gemstore for this and some sort of Elf Ear forum to let these multitudes of people know, they aren’t going to know about this option.

Archived