Dont touch anything before mirage is solved

Gwaihir.1745

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

Spam is something thieves can do, Mesmers can't 'spam' phantasms outside of Chronomancer and that's only passive recurrence, not spam. Extremely low would be a 1/4 second on everything. Every single Phantasm has at least 1/2 second of cast time, note that those are the only skills I mentioned since they're really the only particularly dangerous skills Mesmers have with a cast time. For your third point, sure you can blow Distortion or Mirage Cloak on covering your weapon skills, again the only particularly important skills to cover are Phantasms really so any other use of it is pretty much a waste if it's not used on the ambush.

For the ten billionth time, stop trying to compare block/evade to invuln. If you can't understand why a defensive skill that allows full access to the rest of your kit while in use is comically better than a skill that locks you to one specific animation then I don't know what else to tell you.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Spam is something thieves can do, Mesmers can't 'spam' phantasms outside of Chronomancer and that's only passive recurrence, not spam. Extremely low would be a 1/4 second on everything. Every single Phantasm has at least 1/2 second of cast time, note that those are the only skills I mentioned since they're really the only particularly dangerous skills Mesmers have with a cast time. For your third point, sure you can blow Distortion or Mirage Cloak on covering your weapon skills, again the only particularly important skills to cover are Phantasms really so any other use of it is pretty much a waste if it's not used on the ambush.

For the ten billionth time, stop trying to compare block/evade to invuln. If you can't understand why a defensive skill that allows full access to the rest of your kit while in use is comically better than a skill that locks you to one specific animation then I don't know what else to tell you.

I was responding to your inane bullet points because you clearly don't understand the point of the phantasm rework and just how unimpactful any non phantasm skill is as well as exaggerating cast times to sound valid. Yeah sure Mirage Cloak is better than the standard dodge, if it wasn't Mirage wouldn't be worth calling an elite spec.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Imo power mirage is fine, not sure why you're putting it at SSS tier

Remember all those buffs that condi mirage got when Chrono bunker was nerfed? Yeah, neither do I. And yet condi became meta quite fast after Chrono got gut-punched - even though people were crying in the mesmer forums that condi mes needed buffs.

I guarantee you if all that happens this patch is condi spec of mirage gets nerfed and the root problems get ignored we will be seeing power mirage meta. Just like condi mirage wasn't played because it required two functioning braincells instead of the one functioning braincell of Chrono, the power version is only not being played because it requires three braincells. That's it.

Remember all of those nerfs that Power Mirage got? Yeah, so do I. Just in case you need a refresher:
  • Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.
  • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damage from 15% to 10% in PvP and from 30% to 20% in WvW.
  • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Compounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvW.

And you are right, if condi mirage gets nerfed next week, mirage mains will likely shift to power mirage because it will be the only viable mirage build left, but that doesn't make it over-powered.

No one said anything about nerfing it to completely unviable. We're talking about balance and bringing it inline with what other classes offer in the current game state.

Oh don't be ridiculous there's doubtlessly more people that want it to be nuked from orbit compared to the number of people that want reasonable nerfs.

Any condi build being nuked from orbit is good for the game

@"bravan.3876" said:You cannot dodge during cc will never happen because it is one of the mirage main features and as explained several times it is not whereop and counterable. When mesmer needs his dodges to secure well telegraphed and long cast skills then he has less dodges to avoid your dmg after.

The only mirages are op are hybrid and condi and both are not op due to mirage cloak. Nerfs needed are longer axe cds in particular for axe 3, icd on ineptitude to avoid condi shatterspam, change to the last bonus of adventure rune,torch firestacks nerf. Only one phantasm spawn from staff 3. Then just check if more nerfs are needed or not but i think than the broken builds are balanced.

seems like you know what we're talking about.can you please make a thread where you can give your feedback about every single mirage trait? i was aiming to do it but i'm too lazy.let's start with this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nomad%27s_Endurance needs to go or reworked with an ICD. Remove the condi dmg bonus ( why only condi?)

@Hylo.1968 said:

@"bravan.3876" said:You cannot dodge during cc will never happen because it is one of the mirage main features and as explained several times it is not whereop and counterable. When mesmer needs his dodges to secure well telegraphed and long cast skills then he has less dodges to avoid your dmg after.

The only mirages are op are hybrid and condi and both are not op due to mirage cloak. Nerfs needed are longer axe cds in particular for axe 3, icd on ineptitude to avoid condi shatterspam, change to the last bonus of adventure rune,torch firestacks nerf. Only one phantasm spawn from staff 3. Then just check if more nerfs are needed or not but i think than the broken builds are balanced.

seems like you know what we're talking about.can you please make a thread where you can give your feedback about every single mirage trait? i was aiming to do it but i'm too lazy.let's start with this:
needs to go or reworked with an ICD. Remove the condi dmg bonus ( why only condi?)

Mesmer has no other bonus to condition damage in any traitline outside of Chaos. This one can stay. Another Staff 3 nerf seems unnecessary since the first one was just as unnecessary.

@Hylo.1968 said:

seems like you know what we're talking about.can you please make a thread where you can give your feedback about every single mirage trait? i was aiming to do it but i'm too lazy.let's start with this:
needs to go or reworked with an ICD. Remove the condi dmg bonus ( why only condi?)

I wrote that much about balance of mesmer i don't even play as main myself that i'm too lazy too, also i don't think Anet will listen.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

Mesmer has no other bonus to condition damage in any traitline outside of Chaos. This one can stay. Another Staff 3 nerf seems unnecessary since the first one was just as unnecessary.

I recall recently alot of the passive stat boosts, almost if not all, were reduced to 100. Nerfing guardians +150 toughness to 100 did nothing for any game mode but was done to stay in line with the other passive stat nerfs. Wonder how they missed this one.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

I recall recently alot of the passive stat boosts, almost if not all, were reduced to 100. Nerfing guardians +150 toughness to 100 did nothing for any game mode but was done to stay in line with the other passive stat nerfs. Wonder how they missed this one.

It only functions while Vigor is up and only if the Vigor is sourced from the Mirage.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

it's a Minor Master btw, not a player choice

@Hylo.1968 said:

Why is that even relevant?

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

come on dude, they're keep complaining about the mirage's constant evade frame. Just give them what they want (not everything). Starting with this , the vigor uptime, would reduce it by a bit ?Second: its condi pressure. No words about that

@Hylo.1968 said:

come on dude, they're keep complaining about the mirage's constant evade frame. Just give them what they want (not everything). Starting with this , the vigor uptime, would reduce it by a bit ?Second: its condi pressure. No words about that

What is this? The Farm Market?I’ll give you two nerfs for thief and trade you a minor buff to Weaver, if you can delete half of MemerOP’s trait lines. Oh and a sack potatoes, because that’s how you balance an online game.

@Arlette.9684 said:

What is this? The Farm Market?I’ll give you two nerfs for thief and trade you a minor buff to Weaver, if you can delete half of MemerOP’s trait lines. Oh and a sack potatoes, because that’s how you balance an online game.

"a good deal leaves both sides dissatisfied"get over it mate ? does the Mirage OPness needs to be toned down somehow?

i'd love to know your feedback now

Regarding axe, it is a melee weapon with zero defence other than the 3/4s evade frame and detarget on axe3.

In other words, you have to use dodge offensively to use it in melee range, ie for covering axe 2 or if daring to go in for some auto attack. In my opinion that's great design given the elite spec is centered around the dodge - and its weapon subsequently requires management of that dodge to use effectively. Sure the ambush is ranged but still requires burning dodge to activate, and often in danger situations.

As for axe3 - first of all the animation is easy to notice and dodge, such that it often requires baiting in order to land - ie vs thieves, weavers, etc, anything that has access to multiple options for damage avoidance. Secondly the detarget is a melee range detarget, where all the axe clones are right on top you - this usually means a few outcomes - they get shattered (easy to retarget the player), you cleave them out (easy to retarget the player), the player uses a follow up skill like axe 2 (can see animation and target the player), the player moves away while the clones stick on you (retarget the player).

Illusionary Ambush in staff, GS or scepter is the only true deceptive application of detarget (which from personal experience of using staff+IA in wvw often works well at buying a few seconds of breathing room) - ie you stand still for a few moments after using it. Mirror Images detarget is pretty useless and Axe 3 detarget is a minor inconvenience at most given it is a melee range attack.

On the subject of targeting - oh of course I'd prefer a soft lock targeting system similar to things like mass effect, where there is a targeting reticle and requires some form of aiming with soft lock to target power/ability usage. Unfortunately that isn't the case, and for whatever reason gw2 is stuck with the old fashioned tab targeting. But even in this system, with good keybinds for nearest/next etc and appropriate menu options for targeting, one should be able to retarget anything at will very quickly - ie a fraction of a second in smallscale, or maybe slightly longer in larger fights (but that's wvw). Edit - or rely more on aoe/cleave, which has always been a good counter to mesmer gameplay.

Bottom line is detargeting is a great mechanic, that challenges the targeting ability of the opponent which is a core feature of gw2 combat. In any case I prefer detargeting (both playing with and fighting against) compared with stealth - which ought to be overhauled at some point in the game's future.

Sure if necessary I can accept raising axe3 base cooldown to 12s (like how blurred frenzy cooldown was nerfed in the past from 10s to 12s), and possibly shave torment duration from the ambush, but that's it.

On a broader view of the subject - mirage provides more variety in condi application compared to old shatterspam condi chrono in that weapons can now be reliable damage sources/appliers (also thanks to ambush), allowing there to be a balance of application between shatters and weapon skills which overall is more interesting to play with. The thing here is it's still possible to build for shatter spam condi application in addition to weapon application (unlike chrono where the weapons were defensive utilities and the damage/application mostly came from shatters). This is somewhat offset through sacrificing survivability if wanting to take say Duelling and Illusions for the shatter traits, but overall it is not offset enough.

Cry of Pain was changed IMO to incentivise skilled timing of shatter condi application as opposed to spam, however the other variables haven't also been changed to fully complete this line of thinking - ie MtD is still spam on all shatters, Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude is still confusion spam on all shatters (granted only in melee range of the player there). Something's got to give so that we can't have everything - weapon damage/condi application, shatter spam application and burst application all together, or at the least without having to sacrifice survivability. I don't know which way Anet is going to go with this, but I hope they preserve the gameplay variety by allowing weapons like axe to be source of damage rather than utility, allowing shatters to supplement that damage instead of being the only way for mesmer to deal reasonable damage (as it used to be before mirage).

@Hylo.1968 said:

No. It's not even consistently up if you have any support class worth their salt because it only procs from self sourced Vigor. Concessions are to be made for truly overtuned things, like EM. Not something that Mesmer literally has in only one other trait line that fights a CD reduction trait and requires player input to be effective.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

No. It's not even consistently up if you have any support class worth their salt because it only procs from self sourced Vigor. Concessions are to be made for truly overtuned things, like EM. Not something that Mesmer literally has in only one other trait line that fights a CD reduction trait and requires player input to be effective.

EM isn't that powerful compared to IH , yet none realized it.then comes another suggestion from me : rework the condition applied by clones ( even disable effects) while in MC.

@Trigr.6481 said:Making blanket statements of wanting something nerfed can have just as much negative implications for spvp. You should start by being more specific on what you'd like changed.

Why would I propose a specific change in a thread meant to discuss the current state of mirage. People have made plenty such suggestions if you read the thread.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:i dont expect much, to be true i expect the worst: they will probably nerf the already overnerfed core classes. core necro, core guard, core warr and label it as "balance".

Core necro sure..Core guardian? Maybe.But Core war?

@Solori.6025 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:i dont expect much, to be true i expect the worst: they will probably nerf the already overnerfed core classes. core necro, core guard, core warr and label it as "balance".

He prolly means a wvw nerf for core warr as it can be oppressively powerful there same as core guard can be to pvp.

But lets be honest. Anyone of the mentioned core specs take much more skill than their pof versions and usually great positioning to pull off. Which is honestly a call back to original gw2.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

He prolly means a wvw nerf for core warr as it can be oppressively powerful there same as core guard can be to pvp.

I mean, what isnt oppressively powerful in wvw though. That's a game mode beyond saving in regards to small and large scale combat.

But lets be honest. Anyone of the mentioned core specs take much more skill than their pof versions and usually great positioning to pull off. Which is honestly a call back to original gw2.

True. I agree with that completely

I know this is the PvP forum but I tried making a post about mirages in WvW and it was moved to the Mesmer forum where all the mesmer mains just defend it.

Mirages are completely broken in WvW. I used the spec to try to figure out a counter and there is absolutely none. It's by far the best spec in the game hands down for winning any fights. And any fights that might go wrong because you messed up you can just instantly escape from. It's insane.

@Hylo.1968 said:

EM isn't that powerful compared to IH , yet none realized it.then comes another suggestion from me : rework the condition applied by clones ( even disable effects) while in MC.

Alright you don't know what you're talking about then. A few extra conditions at less output than the player is far less powerful than the ability to almost never be locked down and punished.

Archived