3 losses in a row unbalanced matches same enemies

Ithilwen.1529

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Ironically glad this started before the patch else would suspect the patch. Did someone roll out a change to the MM, because suddenly seeing a lot of out balanced games where it was rather close ones so far for this season.

Same here, matchmaking seems to be reverting to the bad old days when it would results in huge streaks of losses and wins.

@morrolan.9608 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Ironically glad this started before the patch else would suspect the patch. Did someone roll out a change to the MM, because suddenly seeing a lot of out balanced games where it was rather close ones so far for this season.

Same here, matchmaking seems to be reverting to the bad old days when it would results in huge streaks of losses and wins.

Matchmaking is the same, some players just get lucky and end up at ratings where they don't belong. Then when they drop back down it's MM's fault. Or they genuinely do get unlucky and omagod game I can't go back up there?!?!

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:One of pvps biggest drawbacks are when people think they can play their own build and win. It should be the case, its not your fault.

People think their builds are "good" but in most cases; players making their own build have 0 insight and understanding of the game.

I lost 5 games in a row yesterday where I was 12-2 or better in every single one using deadeye

Think about that for a minute, 12 times enemies were in the dead box and we still lost... multiple times

The final one I think I was 15-3. Keep in mind people focus deadeye so i was largely the only person being attacked as well. I challenge you to explain how that turns into a loss... Is like my teammates aren't even there

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:One of pvps biggest drawbacks are when people think they can play their own build and win. It should be the case, its not your fault.

People think their builds are "good" but in most cases; players making their own build have 0 insight and understanding of the game.

I suppose it comes down to a difference of opinion. I think this game and all games like it are better off the more build options there are. Effective build options that is.

@"Legatus.3608" said:I lost 5 games in a row yesterday where I was 12-2 or better in every single one using deadeye

Think about that for a minute, 12 times enemies were in the dead box and we still lost... multiple times

The final one I think I was 15-3. Keep in mind people focus deadeye so i was largely the only person being attacked as well. I challenge you to explain how that turns into a loss... Is like my teammates aren't even there

I usually agree with your posts, but DE (while super strong at some things) isn't great the higher you go in Ranked. On my engineer, I'm having a bad game if I have less than 15 kills and more than 1 death, but I don't base my victory expectations on my performance (unless I mailed it in, then I'm happy to blame myself). I typically expect I'm going to have to do more than at least one or two of my teammates. It's RNG.

With that being said, DE has a disadvantage in higher levels of ranked play as most experienced teams can just counter them, plus, let's say it's a 3v3 on mid with the point up in the air: DE has no team cleave and no ability to cap/contest if the fight starts to turn.

More on the thread's topic: In my mind, it's a mix of "am I playing well" plus "are my randoms playing better than their randoms" as well as "can I compensate for any shortcomings of my randoms?" When you can answer each of those with a positive, you'll see loss streaks disappear.

I agree about de in higher levels of ranked but that's not where I was playing and it doesn't change the way the matches I was in were playing out, which is me having tons of kills and surviving tons of focus and my team still losing somehow.

It legit looks like throws to me, I can't explain it any other way.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:It really illustrates the state of things when I lose 3 in a row to the same people and a whole division...

I really think this is more an issue of the small population. The pool of players to choose from are so small that I often fight the same people back to back they are the only ones in queue at the same time I am, since all our matches are ending at the same moment. Sometimes i'll wait 7 minutes to ensure I end up with another group match has ended in that period of time.

In unranked, we like to joke that there are only 20 Unranked players lol.

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:It really illustrates the state of things when I lose 3 in a row to the same people and a whole division... really anet? Are there so few playing or is the match maker really broken?

I've always seen you as a rational player @""Ithilwen.1529"

lol good joke

:lol: To be honest, I was thinking of another player with similar avatar. And then I saw the comment history.You got me there :smiley:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@"Legatus.3608" said:I lost 5 games in a row yesterday where I was 12-2 or better in every single one using deadeye

I usually agree with your posts, but DE (while super strong at some things) isn't great the higher you go in Ranked. On my engineer, I'm having a bad game if I have less than 15 kills and more than 1 death, but I don't base my victory expectations on my performance (unless I mailed it in, then I'm happy to blame myself). I typically expect I'm going to have to do more than at least one or two of my teammates. It's RNG.

With that being said, DE has a disadvantage in higher levels of ranked play as most experienced teams can just counter them, plus, let's say it's a 3v3 on mid with the point up in the air: DE has no team cleave and no ability to cap/contest if the fight starts to turn.

More on the thread's topic: In my mind, it's a mix of "am I playing well" plus "are my randoms playing better than their randoms" as well as "can I compensate for any shortcomings of my randoms?" When you can answer each of those with a positive, you'll see loss streaks disappear.

Just wanted to quote you cause I like the way you think. I feel the same. I mostly just look at every loss as my own fault. I"m the common denominator in all my matches. And if I lose, I think of what I could have done differently. Yes, people on my team mess up sometimes. It's to be expected. I mess up sometimes too. However, I believe if i'm to be a very good player, I need to be able to compensate for my mistakes and mistakes of others. Never blame others. That is the key to progress in all things.

A couple assumptions:

• the population is small and shrinking at some rate (that may not be constant, there may be some positive flow.....but metas will see to that lol)
  • the higher skilled population is shrinking faster than the lower skilled population (may be why NA has no legendary ranked players only about 2 weeks from season end)
  • a few high skilled (perhaps very) are smurfing on free accounts or alts (so when they play against lower divs, they demolish)
  • some players refuse to adapt and swap, or at least change build
  • some of the players left have never gotten any better since day 1 (but believe they have)
  • even some really good players stopped caring and just farm loot
  • some never has's but almost's are close this time and really toxic at anyone ruining their chances at a leaderboard that no longer matters for all of the above reasons

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Just wanted to quote you cause I like the way you think. I feel the same. I mostly just look at every loss as my own fault. I"m the common denominator in all my matches. And if I lose, I think of what I could have done differently. Yes, people on my team mess up sometimes. It's to be expected. I mess up sometimes too. However, I believe if i'm to be a very good player, I need to be able to compensate for my mistakes and mistakes of others. Never blame others. That is the key to progress in all things.

I quite agree. I fail at my own ideal sometimes, snapping at players who have done something dumb all game, even with the right guidance, but more often I'll just be silent when I know I can compensate for their shortcomings through a win. I do try to educate where possible.My two biggest frustrations to date though are: 1.) Winning a mid fight then 3/4 people go far, one person dies on roads, two die far and we lose all three points. 2.) People who don't understand mechanics of the game and are either high in ranked, or are just memeing unranked. For example, tunneling beast, or ignoring buffs on Temple, or letting the enemy team cap every bell, and not supporting you when you attempt to take it, or ping it on the map.

Archived