Why aren't these animals available Ranger pets?

One of my favorite things to do in old GW1 was to have myself and all my heroes set up with the pet skill so I could go out into the world with a pack of crabs and sic 'em on everything and just watch with my heroes on passive. It was quite fun watching them pinch things to death. The hermit crab in this game is cute and all, but I'd love to see the old GW1 "standard crab design" version as well. So, yeah, I want to be able to yell "I have crabs! And now you do to!" at enemies again. Ahh, nostalgia....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Westenev.5289 said:I kind of want a panda, but I'm 90% sure they had problems with China when they tried to throw one into Gw1 Factions.

Oh... yeah, I recall something like there being legislation against depicting a panda dying in a video game. And the GW1 mechanic was definitely more of a death/res than what you have in GW2.I'm not sure whether the way it works in GW2 is enough to comply with said law since I don't know what it actually says, but maybe. I also don't know whether it applies to red pandas - they are also endangered, but much less talked about.

@Zalani.9827 said:I still want a pet raptor, like those feathered ones from the base game. I also agree that scale and skelk pets could be interesting.@"sorudo.9054" said:i am waiting for a raptor pet since GW1, now you know how long that's gonna take.

There is a raptor pet in the game, of course used by an npc in some story instances: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrieksy

Here's my pet wishlist:

Raptor family:Vulture RaptorCrested RaptorEagle RaptorBlack Raptor

Canine family:WargRock Dog

Feline family:Alpine StalkerFire Stalker

Griffon family:Hawkeye griffonOwl griffonColocal

Minotaur

Skale family:Bog SkaleBrackish Skale

Skelk family:Shadow SkelkReef Skelk

HoT:Rolling Devil

PoF:Sand EelHydra

Archived