Off Topic Discussion About What Would Be If...

GW2 is great game... i love almost everything... only thing that bothers me a bit is combat system... dont get me wrong... its fine... but what would be if combat system would be like TERA.?! :) Just your thoughts... mby u have some other ideas or what would u like to see or change?

Just for fun, just for ur imagination.

Cheers. :)

I dislike the combat system of TERA because it's too static and boring. Being rooted when using your skills is something I don't want to experience in an mmorpg again, GW2 combat spoiled me in that regard. GW2 combat is more dynamic and fluid than the combat of TERA. Of course this might be because the animations of TERA look like garbage, super low quality, while the GW2 animations are some of the best in the industry.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Not everyone has played TERA and since you didn’t explain how TERA’s combat differs from gw2 you’re going to get a limited number of informed replies.

Exactly what I was going to say. Literally all I know about TERA is there's a game called that, and what I can gather from other people's comments here.

Without any information on how their combat system works and why the OP prefers it to GW2 it's impossible to say whether I'd prefer it or not.

Don't know about that. Both games came out at around the same time which means their designers were facing similar issues with their respective combat systems given the early stages this type of combat was in as far as MMORPGS are concerned. The mix between action and tab targeted combat ArenaNet created turned out to be far more pleasing than TERA's truer action combat which had to be rather slow and less dynamic to work properly. I prefer the quick and pleasing - easy to get into but almost impossible to master - gameplay we have here. Though, I have to admit I haven't played TERA in years, not sure how much that part of the game has changed since.

@Henry.5713 said:Don't know about that. Both games came out at around the same time which means their designers were facing similar issues with their respective combat systems given the early stages this type of combat was in as far as MMORPGS are concerned. The mix between action and tab targeted combat ArenaNet created turned out to be far more pleasing than TERA's truer action combat which had to be rather slow and less dynamic to work properly. I prefer the quick and pleasing - easy to get into but almost impossible to master - gameplay we have here. Though, I have to admit I haven't played TERA in years, not sure how much that part of the game has changed since.

Well they didnt change anything so its almost the same with few more new classes. :D

Archived