Crown Pavilion boss scaling...

Taking roughly 10 minutes per boss... The boss-blitz map rewards for killing these within the time limit are out of reach, and so far do not seem doable, even if the map splits up...

The map zerg has only killed 2 of the 6 bosses and we have already lost out on bronze rewards and there are still another 4 bosses to kill...

Just like it was originally, to get gold, you need to split the zerg in to 6 and each group goes after a diff boss, killing all 6 at the same time.Do-able? yes because smaller groups upscale the bosses less.Hard? Yes because it requires a level of cooperation you wont find in the normal zerg.Worth it? Naaah, the gold rewards are not THAT much bigger than you get from silver or bronze and the level of coordination it needs makes it just not a fun thing to go for. Has it been done before? Yes, in tha old days some large and highly organised guilds managed it.

This event shows the problem this game truly suffers from, to many people are used to zerging to a boss and pressing 1,1,1,1,1,1 then collect loot,

The event is best played with 8-12 players per boss, and don't run to the next one when they die, but timing is important also, as each boss gains the buff from the 1 you kill, so you want them all to be at roughly 5% health when you go for the kill.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If I recall from last time, each boss has mechanics which you can take advantage of to speed up the fight.Quite the opposite. Each boss has mechanics that slows down the fight. One-two can be taken advantage of, but the rest can't.Take sparcus, for example (the boss that usually is the biggest problem, even on well-organized maps) - missile reflection coupled with teleporting away from melee players after you managed to get 2-3 hits in. Whoever thought it was a good combo was sadly mistaken. And i see no way to take advantage of it. Do you?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If I recall from last time, each boss has mechanics which you can take advantage of to speed up the fight.Quite the opposite. Each boss has mechanics that slows down the fight. One-two can be taken advantage of, but the rest can't.Take sparcus, for example (the boss that usually is the biggest problem, even on well-organized maps) - missile reflection coupled with teleporting away from melee players after you managed to get 2-3 hits in. Whoever thought it was a good combo was sadly mistaken. And i see no way to take advantage of it. Do you?

Each boss has mechanics which you can do to speed up the fight rather than simply stacking and spamming auto attack. You know, like reflects at Pyro.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Each boss has mechanics which you can do to speed up the fight rather than simply stacking and spamming auto attack. You know, like reflects at Pyro.Yes, Pyro was what i meant when i said that one-two can be taken advantage of.So, again, what is the mechanic you can take advantage of at Sparcus?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Each boss has mechanics which you can do to speed up the fight rather than simply stacking and spamming auto attack. You know, like reflects at Pyro.Yes, Pyro was what i meant when i said that one-two can be taken advantage of.So, again, what is the mechanic you can take advantage of at Sparcus?

Generally ranged attacks so as to avoid running around and possibly getting downed by his flame wall attack.

For Kurai, or whatever the centaur one is, you bring stability.

For the bandit one (Baines?), you bring poison to counter the turret’s heal. You of course want to kill the turrets quickly which means you need to watch for scaling.

I don’t remember anything for the pirate one as he seemed pretty easy.

With all of these bosses, I’m sure breaking their bars would be helpful too.

Oh I also forgot to add that years ago someone determined that anything greater than four players, its HP is increased by 20% per player. I’m not sure if that still holds true this year.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Generally ranged attacks so as to avoid running around and possibly getting downed by his flame wall attack.You do remember, he gets reflection shield anytime he teleports, right?Also, that is hardly "taking advantage of boss mechanic to make the fight faster". That's at best "adjusting to the mechanics, so you you lose a bit less time".

Same, you can ignore the trample herd mechanic that way, but you don't "take the advantage of it to make the fight faster". And it still doesn't help with the boss simply running away every now and then.

Same with other cases. The only case i can remember where you can actually use the boss mechanic to speed up the fight is with Pyroxis and reflecting his attacks.

@"Profanity.8016" said:Taking roughly 10 minutes per boss... The boss-blitz map rewards for killing these within the time limit are out of reach, and so far do not seem doable, even if the map splits up...

The map zerg has only killed 2 of the 6 bosses and we have already lost out on bronze rewards and there are still another 4 bosses to kill...

• Don't zerg
  • Split up. Smaller groups are better.
  • Be sure to have appropriate skills for the boss. Breakbar damage is a must. For some bosses, stability or stun breaks. Sometimes reflects. Etc.
  • Organize while the progress bar is halfway done; don't wait until the 1 minute announcement.
  • Move to a new instance and advertise in LFG only when there aren't 6 tags, 5 people each.

Based on the prior Blitz, expect it to take 2-3 more days at least before the "how to" information spreads far & wide enough that it's reasonable to expect maps to manage the fights. In a day or so, reddit and maybe the forums will have a post outlining an optimum strategy which will, eventually, get used by enough people to carry small groups.

My memory from the past event was that a good team got gold with minutes to spare, whereas only somewhat organized groups were getting silver. And bronze might take 20 minutes.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Generally ranged attacks so as to avoid running around and possibly getting downed by his flame wall attack.You do remember, he gets reflection shield anytime he teleports, right?Also, that is hardly "taking advantage of boss mechanic to make the fight faster". That's at best "adjusting to the mechanics, so you you lose a bit less time".

I’ll have to check tonight but he didn’t have reflect before. If all else fails, it can just be removed.

Anything could be considered “adjusting to the mechanics”. You’re simply observing what the boss does and then reacting to it. You can argue over semantics but the point is that there are things players can do to make the fights easier.

Same, you can ignore the trample herd mechanic that way, but you don't "take the advantage of it to make the fight faster". And it still doesn't help with the boss simply running away every now and then.

By having stability, you don’t lose DPS by avoiding the herds nor do you lose it if you get launched by them.

Same with other cases. The only case i can remember where you can actually use the boss mechanic to speed up the fight is with Pyroxis and reflecting his attacks.

See above. You’re convoluting between the boss and the player.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:See above. You’re convoluting between the boss and the player.... let me quote what you said back to you:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If I recall from last time, each boss has mechanics which you can take advantage of to speed up the fight.The only boss mechanic that can speed up the fight is pyroxis missiles (if reflected). All the other cases you have brought up were player mechanics that could counter some of the boss mechanics in order to not make the fight slower. In no example you have provided would it actually speed the fight.

Split the zerg into equal groups of no more than 10 per boss. Get each of down to 5-6% health and then have whoever is on Boom Boom go for the kill (make sure they know to kill turrets as priority too). Everyone else should be able to kill their boss in no time right after that. This is what I did last night when I ran it. Took a few tries for people to catch on but it makes getting gold so much easier. Key is to not swarm bosses after yours is down as each boss scales based on how many area round it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:See above. You’re convoluting between the boss and the player.... let me quote what you said back to you:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If I recall from last time, each boss has mechanics which you can take advantage of to speed up the fight.The only boss mechanic that can speed up the fight is pyroxis missiles (if reflected). All the other cases you have brought up were
player
mechanics that could counter some of the boss mechanics in order to
not make the fight slower
. In no example you have provided would it actually
speed
the fight.

That post is ambiguous, I admit, but if you read my other posts you would see which direction I was going which is why I stated that I didn't see the point in arguing over semantics. What I listed in that post would speed up the fights.

Archived