Subject 7: Blobs, Schmobs?

Okay, so pulling, pushing and the like obviously does nothing to lure Subject 7 away from the other oozes, since those reproduce the smaller Subject 7 gets (since it splits into said oozes over time).

I am having a really hard time finding a profession/weapon combo that does exclusively single-target damage even with other enemies standing nearby (or even in the same spot) for this achievement.

So, what am I missing?

• Confused 1

Í did it on my thief with unload spam and scorpion wire, throwing a smoke screen once too many came up and rolling back with Roll for Initiative to give me the last Unload lol Could have tweaked my build and used the trait for extra initiative, but that was boring to me.

Did it later with all gambits on on a reaper with level 60 gear, corrosive cloud definitely did the trick. Pulled it close with Spectral Grasp, then GS 4 for the blind GS3 for burst, shroud burst then Gravedigger for the kill. Also dropped plaguelands under the thing. Around 60% I dropped the corrosive cloud to get the poison when it actually matters. Didn't have to move a single step lol

• Thanks 1

@Dante.1763 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Oooh, I will try that right away, thanks! :)

I did in my SB condi ranger, with my short bow piercing and hitting the other oozes and got it o_O so im not sure how that achievement works.

You can hit the other oozes, you just can't kill them.

I did it the same way - condition ranger with a short bow. I made sure I didn't use the poison volley skill (which hits 5 targets) and I was using utility skills which added effects to my attacks rather than my usual traps and druid signets. Then I just kept circling around Subject 7 so even if I did hit other oozes I didn't hit the same one several times in a row.

• Thanks 1

@Ashantara.8731 said:I am having a really hard time finding a profession/weapon combo that does exclusively single-target damage even with other enemies standing nearby (or even in the same spot) for this achievement.

So, what am I missing?

The best profession that I managed to finish this achievement is with core fresh air elementalist. Just keep the air auto attack active, don't use any projectiles like Arcane Blast and occasionally use Swirlwing Winds, Magnetic Wave and Obsidian Flesh. No matter what, never use projectiles so you don't kill any of the oozes that surround Subject 7. Since the oozes use projectiles to attack you, you can just spam your strafe keys and avoid getting hit.

• Thanks 1

Condi Soulbeast, merged with lynx. Activate sharpening stone, quickening zephyr, vulture stance, one wolf pack. Get a few hits in with dagger (before too many oozes spawn too close) before swapping to shortbow and running tiny circles directly next to sub 7 while spamming auto-attack. He was dead in about 15 seconds. Just make sure you don't have SB pierce traited. Not saying this is best, but it is how I got the achievement.

• Thanks 1

Did that in like 10 seconds with a condi Soul Beast. Just like Kodiak suggested above, I merged with a pet (jungle stalker), used sharpening stone, quickening zephyr, vulture stance and one wolf pack all at once and DPSed him right away with dagger + torch. The only difference is, I didn't switch to short bow at all. Daggers can hit only 2 targets at once, so it's a pretty safe weapon for this fight. He melted so quickly I was really surprised.

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 7/29/2018 at 5:05 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I did in my SB condi ranger, with my short bow piercing and hitting the other oozes and got it o_O so im not sure how that achievement works.

You can hit the other oozes, you just can't kill them.

I did it the same way - condition ranger with a short bow. I made sure I didn't use the poison volley skill (which hits 5 targets) and I was using utility skills which added effects to my attacks rather than my usual traps and druid signets. Then I just kept circling around Subject 7 so even if I did hit other oozes I didn't hit the same one several times in a row.

Just wanted to say, here I am 4 years later benefiting from this advice. Thanks!

• Like 4