Please put a cd timer on plated food and personal vender/banker visible to summoner only

Agreed. I hate to say that people still do this on the chests in Tarir as well. What would you consider to be a appropriate cooldown for putting food down though? 30 seconds would be too short and thus wouldnt really curb the behavior. 5 minutes would seem too long especially since groups may need different kinds of food (power, condi, healing, magic find etc). Should the food dropping cooldown be for all food items at once or individual based on name (which still wouldnt stop this from happening as they would bring a larger variety). Not nitpicking, just asking questions to get more opinions on what others would feel is acceptable as such a change would affect everyone.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Wouldn't it be better just to change the order of priority of the interact button so that foods and vendors are last?If there's more dev time available, wouldn't it better to prevent spawning food or vendors on top of "nodes"? (that includes gathering nodes, as well as chests, and so on).

It would be better if ANET didn't allow for them (interactables) to be stacked so damn close to each other. Given this has been going on for more than a year, we can easily see that management doesn't give a damn about the issue. It is management that assigns bugs to fix afterall.

So I don't expect them to ever fix it honestly.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Wouldn't it be better just to change the order of priority of the interact button so that foods and vendors are last?If there's more dev time available, wouldn't it better to prevent spawning food or vendors on top of "nodes"? (that includes gathering nodes, as well as chests, and so on).

That is the most sensible approach and should be something ANET consider sorting at least in the more noticeable places like Auric. Its too late for Labby Cliffs water balloons, but something needs adding to their schedule imo.. if such a space exists :)

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

It would be better if ANET didn't allow for them (interactables) to be stacked so kitten close to each other. Given this has been going on for more than a year, we can easily see that management doesn't give a kitten about the issue. It is management that assigns bugs to fix afterall.

So I don't expect them to ever fix it honestly.

First, they have rearranged the priority on interactables a couple of times since launch. They have also made other changes to the game to prevent griefing of NPCs and nodes. So, we can easily see that management has cared enough to make changes to the game to prevent this.

And second, how is my second suggestion (preventing spawning food or vendors on top of "nodes") meaningfully different from "didn't allow for them to be stacked so close"? My suggestion is more concerned with protecting the nodes directly, while yours addresses proximity generally, but both would result in the same net effect: trolls couldn't use player-spawned items to block use of the game-spawned ones.

I would prefer that ANet made it their policy to review community conduct a few times a year, the better to adjust more nimbly to the evolution of trolling behaviors. But let's not gloss over the facts just because they react slowly rather than address things proactively before things become too big not to notice.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:And second, how is my second suggestion (preventing spawning food or vendors on top of "nodes") meaningfully different from "didn't allow for them to be stacked so close"?

Answer: some people are too literal and would stop with only "food" and "vendor". This would still allow for spawning of other items such as Water Ballons, avator boxes, etc. to be spawned on top of other interactables.

Also, some people do not keybind, an interaction, they click. So if you are going to make a fix that is viable for a large grouping of play styles changing priority won't help a whole lot when it comes to to those that click. (for the record, I keybind.)

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:And second, how is my second suggestion (preventing spawning food or vendors on top of "nodes") meaningfully different from "didn't allow for them to be stacked so close"?

Answer: some people are too literal and would stop with only "food" and "vendor". This would still allow for spawning of other items such as Water Ballons, avator boxes, etc. to be spawned on top of other interactables.

Also, some people do not keybind, an interaction, they click. So if you are going to make a fix that is viable for a large grouping of play styles changing priority won't help a whole lot when it comes to to those that click. (for the record, I keybind.)

Changing priority exactly affects
everything
, including water balloons, aviator boxes, etc. The idea is to make things that spawn in game show up first. That's the reason why it's effective.

Archived