You will no longer be able to obtain PvP Leaderboard titles

OutOfOrder.3719

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:To me it's fine.

Only stand alone cool sounding ones were:Primordial, Demi God, and God.

Immortal was okay.

Merciless, Ruthless, Relentless, Unyielding, and Indomitable were lame and I probably will never wear any of the ones I have.

Exhaled and Illustrious were super lame and I was glad when they were gone.

Legendary Champion alone sounds better than half the options and it's literally a participation reward if you play long enough.Most of the early titles were easy to abuse your way to victory with meta and a little game sense, which ruins how cool primordial sounds to the point where I'll never wear this one either (lol S1 chronobunk). Some people bought their way up so that harms their value... and it means even less for skill when no names like me who often opt out of queuing in seasons can still 1v1 on a mirror matchup in honorable fights vs people with the Demi God and immortal titles and win with inferior builds.

There will still be rewards but I hope this time around it’s something more interesting.

most of map titles is already very cool, like Silent Killer, Siege Breaker.

I run Silent Killer on my character called Crusty Fart Stain... It gets some lolz in game which is the point of that toon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Immortal was okay.

Merciless, Ruthless, Relentless, Unyielding, and Indomitable were lame and I probably will never wear any of the ones I have.

Legendary Champion alone sounds better than half the options and it's literally a participation reward if you play long enough.Most of the early titles were easy to abuse your way to victory with meta and a little game sense, which ruins how cool primordial sounds to the point where I'll never wear this one either (lol S1 chronobunk). Some people bought their way up so that harms their value... and it means even less for skill when no names like me who often opt out of queuing in seasons can still 1v1 on a mirror matchup in honorable fights vs people with the Demi God and immortal titles and win with inferior builds.

There will still be rewards but I hope this time around it’s something more interesting.

I run Silent Killer on my character called Crusty Fart Stain... It gets some lolz in game which is the point of that toon

I miiiiight be a bit to much of an edgelord to find siege breaker cool...

Makes me think of going around WvW and breaking ppls catapults lol

@Daishi.6027 said:

Immortal was okay.

I miiiiight be a bit to much of an edgelord to find siege breaker cool...

Makes me think of going around WvW and breaking ppls catapults lol

its fun playing around with some of the titles lol or role playing with them

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:I think it is a very bad decision from Anet. As always they take the lazy way out

Iirc a certain someone complained till AP was removed from certain titles, because of the effort required, yet claims Anet is being lazy by removing certain titles... oh the irony

You realize that the fact that Anet is removing the titles after a relatively short time (I think it was 8 seasons at most) - with not a single season warning - just reinforces the fact that those titles should not be connected to AP?

You realize that calling others lazy for not putting effort into something while complaining about anything that takes slight effort to achieve have it’s AP removed is a complete hypocrisy, right? Like this is almost too perfect.

A certain someone was too lazy to put in effort to achieve something and kicked and screamed till AP was removed from titles, all because of the AP leaderboard, and then claims others are lazy for not putting in effort.
#priceless

It is pointless to argue about this with you, you don't get it.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:I think it is a very bad decision from Anet. As always they take the lazy way out

Iirc a certain someone complained till AP was removed from certain titles, because of the effort required, yet claims Anet is being lazy by removing certain titles... oh the irony

You realize that the fact that Anet is removing the titles after a relatively short time (I think it was 8 seasons at most) - with not a single season warning - just reinforces the fact that those titles should not be connected to AP?

You realize that calling others lazy for not putting effort into something while complaining about anything that takes slight effort to achieve have it’s AP removed is a complete hypocrisy, right? Like this is almost too perfect.

A certain someone was too lazy to put in effort to achieve something and kicked and screamed till AP was removed from titles, all because of the AP leaderboard, and then claims others are lazy for not putting in effort.
#priceless

It is pointless to argue about this with you, you don't get it.

On the contrary, I see exactly what’s going on. That’s the funny part, #hypocrisyatitsfinest.

Now that I've stated why I feel ANET is making a huge mistake by eliminating leaderboard titles, let's talk about the positives.

1) Re-Balancing classes with upcoming Revenant, Deadeye and Mesmer changes. Although you could argue that these profession changes are made from a PvE perspective without the changes to PvP in mind, they are still postive attempts to balance/change the game.

2) Alliance system coming for WvW to improve match making system.

3) love the black lion outfit vouchers. Good change to the gemstore for outdated items, which are easier to obtain now.

4) ANeT banned some win traders and hackers once in 2018. Please start doing this More frequently as the PvP community really deserves this.

At the end of the day, a balanced game is what always keeps me coming back towards PvP. It's why I still enjoy playing Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 every once in awhile. It will be interesting to see how the MMR handles the return of Duo que this season.

But my general complaint with the MMR system is unfair games are set up far too often, and the matching system needs to be adjusted for a low PvP population.

Half of the Merciless Legends out there (and above titles), probably even more than half, don't deserve that title.A really good player honest with himself doesn't need to show others his title which in many cases he got just because he got carried till that position.You have no idea how many scourges, spellbreakers and firebrands, back when it was broken past seasons, got that title.Not to mention wintraders, who got that title and instead people who really deserve it, no.So I don't really care if there are or there aren't titles tbh.

Half of the Merciless Legends out there (and above titles), probably even more than half, don't deserve that title.A really good player honest with himself doesn't need to show others his title which in many cases he got just because he got carried till that position.You have no idea how many scourges, spellbreakers and firebrands, back when it was broken past seasons, got that title.Not to mention wintraders, who got that title and instead people who really deserve it, no.So I don't really care if there are or there aren't titles tbh.

Archived