How to earn favor (guild halls) by yourself?

I'd like to be able to claim the Windswept Haven as first guild hall. I'd like to be able to claim objectives and apply improvements to structures in wvw.I know to level up the guild hall is very costly and probably i will end up asking more people to join but first i'd like to see how far i can get on my own.

Is is possible to earn that 150 favor by myself to put it in my guild? Is there any other alternative?

For me it would be a long term goal which could keep me coming back between patches.

You can't earn Favor via the WvW guild missions, because all of them require a min. of 3 guild members participating in that event/task. (Players have asked for changes on that topic for years now...)You can earn Favor alone by doing the easy PvE Trek (you probably need full core map explore) and the easy Bounty (you will need help on the maps by other players, but not other guildies)

You can also get lucky and find another guild doing one of your races. If you start it at the same time and make it through, you still get credit.

Easy trek is definitely doable, but three things help a lot:1) doing it on a character with 100% map completion (or at least all waypoints in core tyria and southsun)2) having a guide open at the same time for easy reference, and3) having an SSD to waste less time on loading screens.

I'm farming favors with 2 personal guilds, just to buy the guild storage (cheaper than buying additional slot bags). I'm currently at 3-4k favors. It's quite easy actually, but a bit slow obviously. I can't always complete all the quests.

As @Gorani.7205 said, you can't complete WvW or PvP missions alone, because you need at least 3 players of the same guild. So first of all, switch your missions to PvE only. The trek mission with 5 locations in 15 minutes is certainly doable alone. Other then this, the race is also very doable during the week-end. On Sunday, you can find often other guilds that reach 15/15 quite fast, so you just need to complete the race once to get the favors. The bounty is a bit more difficult, because you must wait until other players join, and then activate it, but also doable.

@Randulf.7614 said:You will require a group to claim it since that bit isnt soloable. Races, treks and bounty missions are able to be completed solo so after that it comes down how much time or money needed to invest. It can be done solo, but expect it to be very very long term.

I have seen one Daredevil solo cap Guilded Hollow, but, yeah, 5 people generally can cap a guild hall without problems. I've done it with 4, but every time I've tried with 8 or more, we've failed.

Like everyone else said, run the PvE missions. You can do them either solo or with help from map chat. Whenever I do a bounty, as soon as I hit the map I call out that I'm looking for Trilla, or Brek, or Poobadoo. And I try to call out when I've found them so others can join if they want. It's been a looong time since I've had a bounty fail doing it that way.

@perilisk.1874 said:You can also get lucky and find another guild doing one of your races. If you start it at the same time and make it through, you still get credit.

Easy trek is definitely doable, but three things help a lot:1) doing it on a character with 100% map completion (or at least all waypoints in core tyria and southsun)2) having a guide open at the same time for easy reference, and3) having an SSD to waste less time on loading screens.

SSD is entirely unnecessary for easy trek. Especially since OP wants Windswept Haven so they have access to mounts.

The three easy bounties aren't too hard to do "solo". Call out the nearest WP, and tag/mentor up and you can usually get a few people to help. Poobadoo and Trillia are easily doable with 2-4 people. Brekkabek is a little be more difficult IMO, and there's usually less peo0ple around in the hinterlands too.

1 person with the wiki up, and 90-100% map completion (at least all the WP) can do the easy trek solo, no problem.

The key with the race, I believe is making sure the other people cross the finish line while your guild has the mission active. If you see a group doing it, hurry and start the mission so you can share credit with them. Also, if it looks like you're going to be one or two people short of finishing, you can run the race multiple times yourself if you can get through quick. You only get rewards once, but you'll get counted as another person crossing the finish line each time.

Building guild upgrades solo, or even with a friend is a big investment and not everything can be bought. A lot of upgrades need time-gated or account-bound materials. Start saving silverwastes shovels, bloodstone bricks, empyreal stars, and charged quartz as soon as you can.

@"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:The three easy bounties aren't too hard to do "solo". Call out the nearest WP, and tag/mentor up and you can usually get a few people to help. Poobadoo and Trillia are easily doable with 2-4 people. Brekkabek is a little be more difficult IMO, and there's usually less peo0ple around in the hinterlands too.

1 person with the wiki up, and 90-100% map completion (at least all the WP) can do the easy trek solo, no problem.

The key with the race, I believe is making sure the other people cross the finish line while your guild has the mission active. If you see a group doing it, hurry and start the mission so you can share credit with them. Also, if it looks like you're going to be one or two people short of finishing, you can run the race multiple times yourself if you can get through quick. You only get rewards once, but you'll get counted as another person crossing the finish line each time.

Building guild upgrades solo, or even with a friend is a big investment and not everything can be bought. A lot of upgrades need time-gated or account-bound materials. Start saving silverwastes shovels, bloodstone bricks, empyreal stars, and charged quartz as soon as you can.

Lord yes! I was never so happy as the day I crafted the last of the remaining 450 ley-line infused tools my guild is going to require for full upgrades. And since I've basically solo'd leveling it from 20 to 44, it is a tremendous relief when you hit those milestones.

Archived