List of simple nerfs that would fix current PvP

Arheundel.6451

Band-aids won't fix the tactical combat, they need to blanket-nerf hard defenses, blanket nerf dps, and blanket nerf condi-spam (esp extra procs), blanket nerf cleanses, and blanket-nerf healing so that passive survivability matters and you don't survive by just spamming a long string of blocks/evades/invulns/sleath.

After they do that, bring back amulets like cleric and soldier, and we can start having fun again.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:There's nothing broken about Full Counter. It's super telegraphed and if you hit it, you deserve it. The only balance problem with warriors is how oppressive their stances are, in particular dual casting endure pain.

Stances have been brought up since launch and after 6 years nothing has been changed about them, in GW1 they were balanced because each stance would cancel the previous one when activated and that forced wars down a more tactical approach to their fights; in GW2 the wars simply charge in a blaze of glory and that's it really...

Now FC offers an additional layer of defense and that should be more than enough for the way the game is handled by the devs but instead they decided to add dmg to this already easy to fire mechanic, it's easier to reduce the efficiency of FC than expect anet to rework how stances function in gw2

i dont care about warrior stances or FC but HS just make me sick its stupid skill passive healing is for kids and i want ANET to remove thati want warriors to use healing skill so i can interrupt them so they will feel our pain when they interrupt our skills

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Can't wait for the 2 engies (can't recall their names) to post how that's all false:
  • Engies hate elixir s because - spew nonsense number 1.

@Mbelch.9028 said: I'm sure I'm not one of those people, because I've never made (that) argument.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said: Weren't you the one saying passive elixir s was bad, no pro ever used it, just to get Chaith saying it was actually good?

@Mbelch.9028 said: Yes, I said that and continue to believe it. I don’t like or use it.

So Lincolnbeard basically caught you lyin' about never arguing that Elixir S was bad, when you were. /popcorn

@Mbelch.9028 You may believe that Self-Regulating defenses is worse than Comeback Cure or Backpack Regenerator varying from Engi to Engi, but in my experience, it's always more survivability than the alternatives, even in 1v1s - for you will definitely get ganked (+1'd) frequently.

It's just a universal truth that Self-Regulating Defenses is the strongest PvP trait for Holosmith solely when compared with the other two dead options. It's actually much more successful than the alternatives at all skill levels. Even if you lack the mastery to remember Elixir S's ICD, or get stomps/resses during it, or are able to kite during it and heal safely after, it'll still be more useful then Comeback Cure or Backpack Regenerator if you are ever engaged by 2+ enemies - it simply trolls 2-5 people for 4 long seconds with no activation involved, and after the changes to Invulnerability, allows you to much more consistently survive
and the trait will no longer work against you, as you ignore existing condition damage as well.
When Self-Regulating Defenses is active, it's a key grace period to receive healing support, as well as giving the time needed to lose Photo Forge heat, and for your endurance to return as well.. it's very key and has many competitive applications.

How's the popcorn? Can I get some? That post was long enough ago that I don't remember why I wrote it like that. Maybe I meant I don't spew nonsense? I dunno, but I do know I don't try to misrepresent what I feel, so let me articulate it below:

I don't like Self-regulating defenses. I don't feel like it's a healthy trait for the game. I have said many times I believe it's a BAD trait, not because it is inferior, but because I believe auto procs aren't a healthy choice for the game to provide players. I can qualify that by saying I also think Auto Endure Pain, along with other passive traits should be removed, too.

Now from the previous thread:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Lol @ these engis trying to spin the perception on the passive elixer s trait by making themselves look like the victims of it instead of the person trying to kill them.

99% of the time an engi passive elixer s goes off against me or any other player on a burst spec, they're getting saved from down state for doing nothing - a total crutch for slow reactions/lack of awareness. Same thing with passive endure pain etc. Whether or not you get cc'd n spiked into downstate as soon as you unshrink or saved by an ally or whatever else happens is irrelevant. Passive traits like these are aids.

Y'all can bash elusive mind all you want, and rightfully so, but i still have to be proactive and activate EM myself to avoid getting into the downed state from a well executed power spike.

Delete it from the game for all I care. I'm not defending it. I'm giving you a fact: Top-tier engis pass it up. It's a total crutch, and a total waste of a trait in my opinion.

Back to this one:

@Mbelch.9028 said:

You are correct that it is the superior of the three options. I'll never argue that it isn't an obvious choice for a "money is on the line" situation, but I believe a lot of top-tier engineers choose not to use it when they don't have to. Granted: I do use this trait in those situations, like in ranked games. I wouldn't use it in a "money is on the line" duel.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yeah, I take Comeback Cure always. It's not powerful, but it's better than what you described. That's how I act to engineers when I see their auto S pop. I just wait, time it out, then use a CC on them as soon as they come out before they can even dodge. Ded.

Might need more popcorn.

Bether idea: a pvp instans for learning different situations.

The first thing that i teached a long time ago, was to dodge strong skills/ combos. Most players learned faster to avoid eating unesesary dmg on that training. Or to use their defences bether.

Eg. Try to survive rifle from berserk warrior as a non armor/amulett Daredevil without leaving the mid point of foefire for at start 5 minutes... Ofc the thief is only allowed to use the skills defensive (if your well enough you can try to kill him but then its more about using offense as defense and miss the goal a little)

Ofc the first point should be to optimize the options (kamera, skill binding, ...) Cause every second count's.

At a battle mode its all about resources, if you use them bad you may loose other resources before you get the chance to use them all. And to learn the difference between the resources themselves is one key to a better quality at pvp.

Eg.Block is worser than evadeAttacking while blocking is better than evadeAttacking while evade is better than attacking while blocking.

Attacking is only as good it can hit. So factories are: speed, range, mobility, power, follow-up, disable defenses (like unblock, multy hit, instand cast,...) And so on.

But theory is boring so lets practice by getting oneshotted, duelling, do a race with the team (maprotation), or just making all players mad at the public arena for kitting ;)

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:Might need more popcorn.

For sure. Obviously without there being a single knowledgable PvP Engi who would agree that Self-Regulating Defenses can be "passed up," or is a "wasted trait," we can agree that @MBelch.9028 spoke too soon. But anyway, something I recently put my finger on would be more relevant in a list of things that would make current PvP better:

• Suggestion: Stop Corona Burst's 'charge up' and detonation period being affected by quickness. It's not a cast time that quickness should affect.. this seems like more of a helpful bug that does a couple things for Holo. #1, this makes the Corona burst detonation more unpredictable because you have a different dodge timing whether he's casted it with Quickness or not - making it more of an investment of your primary focus rather than a mechanic that you can build up muscle memory to conquer.

• My reasoning: Make Corona burst's detonation rightfully more predictable, stop the quickness double dipping nature of Corona Burst, and return parity between Corona burst and all other charge up activation skills, (Orbital Strike, Big Ol' Bomb,) that rightfully do not get their fuses sped up by Quickness.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:'At least 65%' .That's just funny.

Yeah it's called : " reducing condi burst" aka reducing stacks of confusion from 3 to 1-2....if you prefer to see mesmer gutted at core level to compensate for OP mirage..well that's on you

If you knew how Mesmer worked at all you'd realize Cry of Frustration is what stacks on the confusion which is a core Mesmer skill and Cry of Pain is what gives it extra stacks on the Illusion trait line, which is also core. But it's obvious you don't. You also don't realize that means every single condi cleanse also has to get toned down so sustained condition damage builds can actually work.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:'At least 65%' .That's just funny.

Yeah it's called : " reducing condi burst" aka reducing stacks of confusion from 3 to 1-2....if you prefer to see mesmer gutted at core level to compensate for OP mirage..well that's on you

If you knew how Mesmer worked at all you'd realize Cry of Frustration is what stacks on the confusion which is a core Mesmer skill and Cry of Pain is what gives it extra stacks on the Illusion trait line, which is also core. But it's obvious you don't. You also don't realize that means every single condi cleanse also has to get toned down so sustained condition damage builds can actually work.

Toning down condi cleanse and would be awesome, condi engineer would be viable then. I am all for fewer stacks longer duration on conditions.

It would be awesome, now ask yourself if you think ANet would ever do it

Very doubtful given the PoF expansion and LS4 enemies throwing out conditions all over the place.

This OP is kind of disingenuous as no one class needs nerfing, we need a massive rework and toning down of the game across the board. Traits used to do 1 thing usually so you could only really trick out 7 things (+7 minors), now we're doing almost double that in most circumstances because situational traits were merged with others. Be thankful most of you don't see how truly broken WvW is.

Almost agree with this list. I would nerf Holosmith #3 as well as #5. #5 is at least telegraphed and easy to dodge if you get hit by it, it's usually their fault. Compared to Holo #3 skill generates way too many boons, and really shows the boon power creep. It also generates boon regardless of if you land it or not, so it's low-risk, high-reward skill with little downside.

Also, I think Ranger is in a decent state right now and doesn't really need to be touched. I completely agree with Mesmer however.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Can't wait for the 2 engies (can't recall their names) to post how that's all false:
  • Engies hate elixir s because - spew nonsense number 1.

@Mbelch.9028 said: I'm sure I'm not one of those people, because I've never made (that) argument.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said: Weren't you the one saying passive elixir s was bad, no pro ever used it, just to get Chaith saying it was actually good?

@Mbelch.9028 said: Yes, I said that and continue to believe it. I don’t like or use it.

So Lincolnbeard basically caught you lyin' about never arguing that Elixir S was bad, when you were. /popcorn

@Mbelch.9028 You may believe that Self-Regulating defenses is worse than Comeback Cure or Backpack Regenerator varying from Engi to Engi, but in my experience, it's always more survivability than the alternatives, even in 1v1s - for you will definitely get ganked (+1'd) frequently.

It's just a universal truth that Self-Regulating Defenses is the strongest PvP trait for Holosmith solely when compared with the other two dead options. It's actually much more successful than the alternatives at all skill levels. Even if you lack the mastery to remember Elixir S's ICD, or get stomps/resses during it, or are able to kite during it and heal safely after, it'll still be more useful then Comeback Cure or Backpack Regenerator if you are ever engaged by 2+ enemies - it simply trolls 2-5 people for 4 long seconds with no activation involved, and after the changes to Invulnerability, allows you to much more consistently survive
and the trait will no longer work against you, as you ignore existing condition damage as well.
When Self-Regulating Defenses is active, it's a key grace period to receive healing support, as well as giving the time needed to lose Photo Forge heat, and for your endurance to return as well.. it's very key and has many competitive applications.

How's the popcorn? Can I get some? That post was long enough ago that I don't remember why I wrote it like that. Maybe I meant I don't spew nonsense? I dunno, but I do know I don't try to misrepresent what I feel, so let me articulate it below:

I don't like Self-regulating defenses. I don't feel like it's a healthy trait for the game. I have said many times I believe it's a BAD trait, not because it is inferior, but because I believe auto procs aren't a healthy choice for the game to provide players. I can qualify that by saying I also think Auto Endure Pain, along with other passive traits should be removed, too.

@Sampson.2403 said:Lol @ these engis trying to spin the perception on the passive elixer s trait by making themselves look like the victims of it instead of the person trying to kill them.

99% of the time an engi passive elixer s goes off against me or any other player on a burst spec, they're getting saved from down state for doing nothing - a total crutch for slow reactions/lack of awareness. Same thing with passive endure pain etc. Whether or not you get cc'd n spiked into downstate as soon as you unshrink or saved by an ally or whatever else happens is irrelevant. Passive traits like these are aids.

Y'all can bash elusive mind all you want, and rightfully so, but i still have to be proactive and activate EM myself to avoid getting into the downed state from a well executed power spike.

Delete it from the game for all I care. I'm not defending it. I'm giving you a fact: Top-tier engis pass it up. It's a total crutch, and a total waste of a trait in my opinion.

Back to this one:

You are correct that it is the superior of the three options. I'll never argue that it isn't an obvious choice for a "money is on the line" situation, but I believe a lot of top-tier engineers choose not to use it when they don't have to. Granted: I do use this trait in those situations, like in ranked games. I wouldn't use it in a "money is on the line" duel.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yeah, I take Comeback Cure always. It's not powerful, but it's better than what you described. That's how I act to engineers when I see their auto S pop. I just wait, time it out, then use a CC on them as soon as they come out before they can even dodge. Ded.

Might need more popcorn.

Have you considered I believed everything I said when I said it? Opinions change, develop and grow over time.

Regardless, you and Chaith downstated & stomped me. I’ll shut up. (Thankfully I lived a few more seconds due to self regulating defenses, lol JK).

Archived