Battle Royale GW2 Style

Zephyron.7081

The devs should make a Battle Royale PvP or WvW mode, and we should use gliding and the griffon as our means to drop in. This would be awesome. In fact, it would be the very thing WvW needs to bring it back to life. Imagine a Battle Royale game mode in WvW; the pressure of an ever shrinking map would bring just the right amount of tension and forced combat situations. Imagine the land falling into the mists instead of a shrinking bubble! Do it Anet! Do it!

@Zietlogik.6208 said:two of them already exist.

1 was from the beta event in Metrica Province pre-launch2 is from Southsun Survival

the beta one was actually interesting, and southsun survival never really took off, so i highly doubt they are interested in trying again

I think the OP means an actual BR gamemode where we can use our normal class abilities. Not some janky gimmicky gamemode that 99% of the population has never even heard of, much less played.

I sincerely hope new gamemodes are being considered.

are you ppl not tired of asking the same question over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and getting the same answer over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over.

@Zephyron.7081 said:It would be a new FFA game mode that would not be full of zergs because everyone is fighting each other. No groups. It would be the fresh air GW2 needs to stay relevant in 2019.

it will die in 2 weeks and most of community wouldn't even note. Deathmatch however you call it this days, never was a wanted mod here.And it might get to unfinished matches due to perma invis DEs, lol.

Battle royal mode would be amazing. Can't wait to get #1 place with permaStealth deadeye once the other 34 permaStealth deadeyes fall asleep after a 13 hour game.

On a non-sarcastic note, gw2's not designed for something like a battle royale. (Stealth, mobility, health regeneration...) If you wanna make a battle royale mode that is not hot garbage, you basicaly need to rework the entire game and on top of that commit to balance an entire new gamemode which will only be increasingly harder as more elite spec get released.It's not feasible, and also, it's a bad idea.

@Spoichiche.1290 said:Battle royal mode would be amazing. Can't wait to get #1 place with permaStealth deadeye once the other 34 permaStealth deadeyes fall asleep after a 13 hour game.

On a non-sarcastic note, gw2's not designed for something like a battle royale. (Stealth, mobility, health regeneration...) If you wanna make a battle royale mode that is not hot garbage, you basicaly need to rework the entire game and on top of that commit to balance an entire new gamemode which will only be increasingly harder as more elite spec get released.It's not feasible, and also, it's a bad idea.

Battlerite BR has stealth, mobility, and health regeneration (for support champs). Healing potions have a max of 3 charges. GW2 also has a charge system that can be implemented for healing skills. They could also change the duration of reveal in BR to last longer. Similar to how reveal duration is split between WvW and sPvP. Any other potentially unbalanced skills could just be split between gamemodes to solve any issues.

Also, agony could function as the closing circle.

It definitely is feasible and I believe it's a good idea. There's no need to rework the entire game when everything in a Battle Royale can be made in GW2 using existing mechanics (including gliding).

@otto.5684 said:And how exactly are you going to kill thiefs or Mesmers? In conquest, they have to fight on the point.

Battle royals require that everyone have access to the same tools to function.

Neither one of them have very good sustain or inherent tankiness. Limited heal charges and no ooc health regeneration means they won't be able to constantly run away and reset fights. If you out-trade one and they leave, they'll have less health for the next fight.

There are several BRs with multiple classes to pick from. They don't all have to have exactly the same kit.

@phs.6089 said:

@Zephyron.7081 said:It would be a new FFA game mode that would not be full of zergs because everyone is fighting each other. No groups. It would be the fresh air GW2 needs to stay relevant in 2019.

it will die in 2 weeks and most of community wouldn't even note. Deathmatch however you call it this days, never was a wanted mod here.And it might get to unfinished matches due to perma invis DEs, lol.

Plenty of us want Death match back, we just want our own queue for it like stronghold has.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Plenty of us want Death match back, we just want our own queue for it like stronghold has.

The problem with deathmatch as it was originally implemented was that it was way too snow-bally. Teams would easily get one down then just steamroll continually. It would have been much more interesting to have deathmatch be 3-5 elimination rounds, where players don't respawn until a round ends. Yes, getting killed means you spectate, but in a properly small arena single rounds shouldn't last too long. Perhaps a 2-3 minute limit, with some kind of ticking agony effect after 3 mins, or reduced healing to force an end.

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

@phs.6089 said:

The problem with deathmatch as it was originally implemented was that it was way too snow-bally. Teams would easily get one down then just steamroll continually. It would have been much more interesting to have deathmatch be 3-5 elimination rounds, where players don't respawn until a round ends. Yes, getting killed means you spectate, but in a properly small arena single rounds shouldn't last too long. Perhaps a 2-3 minute limit, with some kind of ticking agony effect after 3 mins, or reduced healing to force an end.

I didnt mind the snow bally effect because when playing with friends it didnt happen that much as we knew to regroup.. it was the chaos and madness that was fun, it doesnt need to be balanced or esport material, just needs to be fun like it was when it was out.

Dont get me wrong, your suggestions would be improvements but Id be happy if it was released as is.

Okay, I want Battle Royale in the sense that the map is always shrinking by falling into the mists (make it look wicked cool), we fly in on griffons and/or gliding wings, we are in free for all death match, so no teams, and someone mentioned the agony mechanic... using the agony mechanic and gear from fractals would be amazing! There could be a timer or item pick ups that find which allow you to use a weapon of your choice for your profession, or a utility skill, or a trait line will open up. Would there be balance issues, of course! There's balance issues now! They will get ironed out, but it's also okay if every profession is not equal in every game mode.

I would probably play this mode endlessly, and when not I’d be afking at the sides as the maps got smaller while I nommed my lunch.

I’d prefer a strait up 15 man ffa “lone wolves” style Arena, or 2v2s and 3v3s, but being dropped into a big slowly shrinking map with our combat mechanics would be cool too,

To bad we will always have some sort of “capture node” mode and this type of thing wouldn’t even make it to a open community test sigh

I have suggested this earlier, change PvP to premade group fights, and for soloers give deathmatch. It's much easier for MM to get you random opponents than trying to give you random teammates. In all vs all deathmatch you could only blame yourself if not winning.

Archived