[BUG] Domain of Istan is still bugged - Akili & Books No Champions

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:Are veterans and elites showing up?

Not like before the Halloween patch. Now Champions spawn during "Defend Akili.." and "Book-burning.." ONLY the first time on a fresh new map, then nothing at all. Somehow the "promotion" due to scaling stops after the first cycle of events.

It also affects somehow the Great Hall event during the Gate phase: It used to spawn between 1 and 2 Champions when there were enough players, now they don't, and if they do it's only on a fresh map for the fisrt time like the other events.

EDIT: As a reference, this is what was common before halloween (max scaling 50/50 squad + 10-20 randoms):"Defend Akili..." = 5-10 Champions every time"book-burning" = 3-5 Champions every time

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:I'm still investigating this. No changes were made specifically to these events, but it's possible that this is a side effect of other changes for other events.

This was our guess. It is our suspicion that this was an unintended consequence of a change that came with Halloween and since its "changes" were not removed but turned off (still can see rich candycorn nodes for a few seconds on occasion) it is still there.

Thanks for the update!

@Kahamatabine.5039 said:Want to confirm that Defend Akili and books events are still bugged with no champions on the map that has already done first chain of events.

Can confirm that this is still the case as of last night. I'm the spreadsheet-y farming type, and my numbers show a massive drop in efficiency per hour spent in in Istan as a result of Akili and Books exhibiting this strange mob promotion behaviour.

Thanks for looking into it, @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 ! :smile:

I noticed that there seems to be a similar thing happening with champions spawning during the meta event in Domain of Kourna, and it got me thinking.It's been confirmed that no changes were made directly to the events in Istan where this bug is happening (Akili and Books, and I assume the same for the meta in Kourna), but one thing the Halloween event brought with it was one of the dailies requiring you to kill x amount of awakened. Now, I always completed that daily in Kourna so I can't say for sure if it could be completed in Istan as well, but that particular daily was tied to at least these two maps, so perhaps that shows a link connecting the two?

Is it at all possible that this connection could have caused this bug? It didn't occur to me that the two could be connected until I was doing the meta in Kourna and noticed the distinct lack of champions. From my recollection, only 2, maybe 3 would spawn when defending the eastern entrance/courtyard of Gandara. I've done this event chain a few times now to be sure that the same bug is at play.

I don't know if that helps, but putting it out there anyway. :)

@Tom.9516 said:It seems that only 5 champions can spawn(5 at first Aki/5 at first Books), anyone has seen more?Hope u can find whats wrong Jeffrey!

i confirm only 5 champs with akili and books in a fresh map......you can have ,for example, 3 champs in your 1st akili then you have the 2 lasts at the next akili (same for books) but when you have reached the 5 then all next akili or books won't have champs anymore.

Archived