What new/changed Sigils/Runes do you guys like?

EnderzShadow.2506

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Nightchrome.1085 said:I tried Sanctuary with my condi poison healer soulbeast. You get a steady trickle of small barriers alongside your steady trick of small heals, but some of the passive heals don't proc the barrier. It's not OP, but it's still lots of extra healthbar at the expense of runes that would help your damage.

Maybe it's late and I just cant remember, but what 'passive heals' does a Ranger get?

Would a warhorn 5 Regen proc the shield?Does Druid staff 3 proc it?or Druid Avatar 3, 2, 1 and 4?What about blasting a water field?

I know everyone hates bunkers, except the guy playing the bunker lolMakes me think I could make a bunker just for bunkers sake.Further testing needed!

I'm using:Natural Healing in BeastmasterySignet of RenewalPredator's Cunning in Soulbeast (heal on apply poison) -> combine with Wilderness Training's Refined Toxins and Poison MasterOakheart Salve for regen on condis also optional

Really, the bulk of it is all the sources of poison, using 2 daggers, vulture stance, sigil of blight etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nightchrome.1085 said:

@Nightchrome.1085 said:I tried Sanctuary with my condi poison healer soulbeast. You get a steady trickle of small barriers alongside your steady trick of small heals, but some of the passive heals don't proc the barrier. It's not OP, but it's still lots of extra healthbar at the expense of runes that would help your damage.

Maybe it's late and I just cant remember, but what 'passive heals' does a Ranger get?

Would a warhorn 5 Regen proc the shield?Does Druid staff 3 proc it?or Druid Avatar 3, 2, 1 and 4?What about blasting a water field?

I know everyone hates bunkers, except the guy playing the bunker lolMakes me think I could make a bunker just for bunkers sake.Further testing needed!

I'm using:Natural Healing in BeastmasterySignet of RenewalPredator's Cunning in Soulbeast (heal on apply poison) -> combine with Wilderness Training's Refined Toxins and Poison MasterOakheart Salve for regen on condis also optional

Really, the bulk of it is all the sources of poison, using 2 daggers, vulture stance, sigil of blight etc.

I found one thing that seemed like a bug to me...I made a druid and noticed that heals will shield in or out of combat,but staff 3 will only shield in combat.I cant think of a situation where you would want to heal with staff 3 to get shield before you even get hit,but why do 2 heals behave differently?

Also, I did the math and its 21-22 percent shield generated from a heal.Maybe there is some math going on with healing power etc that changes any of that? I'm not sure, but its definitely more than 20 percent.

The only thing that kind of bugs me about this...is why is there some kind of internal timer on how long the shield lasts and why dont I know what that is?If I can stack 45 seconds of regen I should get the benefit of the shield for the duration of the regen. Maybe it would be too op? I guess thats probably why. Just keep healing myself and regening myself before I ever go into combat...ok sorry about that I think i answered my own question.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Maven.1690" said:Been running this with surprising effectiveness

unlimited fury and near always up quickness and when a rev joins the party 300% crit dmg.

Maven, I took a look at your build and noticed you use Rage Runes.Curious if you see the previous convo between Dragonzhunter and Voltaicboreand what your thoughts are. (click on show previous quotes)

With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)I ran it more for the 5% buff than anything else.

Then go with Scholar, Eagle , Infiltration, Pack, even Ogre, all these runes will give you more bonuses than Rage. You are a ranger, you get fury easy, so it is better to get more Power, Precision, Ferocity instead of Fury duration. Every decent build (for PVP and WvW) has enough fury, also in PVE.

I will be the first to admit my build is not particularly well rounded for dueling or 1v multiple targets.I enjoy the rage the runes and sigils as it increases the durations of key buffs namely fury which gives both ferocity and crit chance. I have no need to buff crit chance with rune stats the only other stat that might be of use is more power but i find having 100% crit and 300% crit dmg and combined with quickness and one wolf pack allows rapid fire to be a blindingly effective and opressive skill taking down most targets in nearly 1 volley.This build is about deciding when to engage as you have enough mobility to disengage and run away but if you catch your target off guard its almost always an assured down. Not to mention with quickness and auto attack you can be one annoying pin sniper. Also note one can stack bloodlust counts with the great sword which also allows for increased power on average i run around with 3400 power 93+% crit and 296% crit dmg. Combined with on engage quickness and yes even party buffs makes you a devestating glass cannon.

@Maven.1690 said:

@Maven.1690 said:Been running this with surprising effectiveness

unlimited fury and near always up quickness and when a rev joins the party 300% crit dmg.

Maven, I took a look at your build and noticed you use Rage Runes.Curious if you see the previous convo between Dragonzhunter and Voltaicboreand what your thoughts are. (click on show previous quotes)

With Survival trait line + survival utilities and Moa Stance I have perma Fury, and this can be stacked till almost 2 minutes, so I don't know why are you using Rune of Rage :)I ran it more for the 5% buff than anything else.

Then go with Scholar, Eagle , Infiltration, Pack, even Ogre, all these runes will give you more bonuses than Rage. You are a ranger, you get fury easy, so it is better to get more Power, Precision, Ferocity instead of Fury duration. Every decent build (for PVP and WvW) has enough fury, also in PVE.

I will be the first to admit my build is not particularly well rounded for dueling or 1v multiple targets.I enjoy the rage the runes and sigils as it increases the durations of key buffs namely fury which gives both ferocity and crit chance. I have no need to buff crit chance with rune stats the only other stat that might be of use is more power but i find having 100% crit and 300% crit dmg and combined with quickness and one wolf pack allows rapid fire to be a blindingly effective and opressive skill taking down most targets in nearly 1 volley.This build is about deciding when to engage as you have enough mobility to disengage and run away but if you catch your target off guard its almost always an assured down. Not to mention with quickness and auto attack you can be one annoying pin sniper. Also note one can stack bloodlust counts with the great sword which also allows for increased power on average i run around with 3400 power 93+% crit and 296% crit dmg. Combined with on engage quickness and yes even party buffs makes you a devestating glass cannon.

Can you show us your build please ... so we can properly see why or what runes fit better? Thank you!

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Can you show us your build please ... so we can properly see why or what runes fit better? Thank you!

Here it is, was on page 1

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAd8ilsAWsAs8ilCB7pLMDCA5X3ub5lZA0uSdDoA-jVSBABLcIAKa/hrU+5xFAAgHAgZKBpU9H80FoxRAIAACwNvZA4m38m38m3s28m38m38m38m38mlCQQJYA-w

@"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:Has anyone tried pairing runes of speed with Herald trait Rising Momentum? I wish there were an objective way of measuring speed! That looks crazy!

I'm not familar with herald and this is a Ranger post, buuuuuuuuut why not :P

so I had to gw2 wiki Rising Momentum,"Gain increased movement speed for each point of upkeep currently in use.Rising Momentum.png Rising Momentum: 5% Movement Speed"

So, if I am to understand correctly, for each point of Revenant Energy, you get a extra Stack of 5% movement speed?

The fastest thing I've seen in game, is super speed which is what, 66 percent and for a very short time , something like Quickening Zephyr or40 percent movement speed from sicem.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that there is going to be anything faster than the 66 percent as that seems to have been the cap long before this recent patch and addition ofthe Superior Rune of Speed.

BUT, what do I know?I don't play Revenantand really, who knows...Stranger things have happened.Have you tried this out yet? It would be easy to try in SpvP area if you have a revenant, because I don't.You could also race a friend that has runes of speed and swiftness going in the same area.You wouldn't be able to measure speed exactly but you could see at least if that buff makes you faster than 66 percent speed.

I asked your question on the Revenant Post about Sigils and Runes herehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60463/sigil-rune-discussion-revenant#latest

/cheers

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Thx @EnderzShadow.2506 . Well de numbers are these:With Scholar:2937 APFerocity 1485Critical Damage 249%Maul damage = 2319

With Rage:2762 APFerocity 1435Critical Damage 245.67%Maul damage = 2181

The difference of raft damage for Maul is 138. But when it comes about critical, we will have for :Scholar Rune 2319 + 2319249% = 2319 + 5774.31 = 8093.31 damageRage Rune 2181 + 2181245.67% = 2181 + 5358.06 = 7539.31 damageso a difference of 554 damage at least, because this difference can grow up due to bonuses from the party , like he says.

But, maybe my calculation are wrong, anyway, is his business what runes he wants to have.

PS: remember that in a proper party you will have perma fury, but no one can give extra 544 damage, because this difference is only between your builds.

Superior rune of Speed-Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

I did a simple test, out of combat.And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

Thx @EnderzShadow.2506 . Well de numbers are these:With Scholar:2937 APFerocity 1485Critical Damage 249%Maul damage = 2319

The difference of raft damage for Maul is 138. But when it comes about critical, we will have for :Scholar Rune 2319 + 2319
249% = 2319 + 5774.31 = 8093.31 damageRage Rune 2181 + 2181
245.67% = 2181 + 5358.06 = 7539.31 damageso a difference of 554 damage at least, because this difference can grow up due to bonuses from the party , like he says.

But, maybe my calculation are wrong, anyway, is his business what runes he wants to have.

PS: remember that in a proper party you will have perma fury, but no one can give extra 544 damage, because this difference is only between your builds.

Here is my question... would having that extra fury time from the 6 piece bonus just make for easier, more convenient gameplay in that the fury has longer duration?Easier in that, dont have to keep track so tightly of when to use utilities for fury.

The difference of raft damage for Maul is 138. But when it comes about critical, we will have for :Scholar Rune 2319 + 2319
249% = 2319 + 5774.31 = 8093.31 damageRage Rune 2181 + 2181
245.67% = 2181 + 5358.06 = 7539.31 damageso a difference of 554 damage at least, because this difference can grow up due to bonuses from the party , like he says.

Here is my question... would having that extra fury time from the 6 piece bonus just make for easier, more convenient gameplay in that the fury has longer duration?Easier in that, dont have to keep track so tightly of when to use utilities for fury.

@EnderzShadow.2506 it is so easy to have Fury for many seconds and minutes. An easy way for him to get an extra Fury just using this: change from GS to Warhorn, use Moa Stance then Call of the Wild from Warhorn then change back to GS before he enters in a fight, it is easy and take only 2 sec. After that the effect of Moa will still be there, so when he goes to combat he will get an extra Fury from Furious Grip, Vicious Quarry, Two-Handed Training, Live Fast (in beast mode and also skill F2 from the pet when he is not in beast mode). I mean all these combined time to time with Moa Stance, it will give him a lot of Fury. And these are only from his build, but if he plays in a party he will get more boons etc too. So from my POV it is really pointless to use Rage Rune on Ranger because this class has more than enough Fury on almost every possible build.The trick using warhorn for 1 - 2 sec before I'll use it every time in WvW and sPVP too before I go in combat. It is easy, why shouldn't we use it?

@Maven.1690 said:

As you can See, we've been talking behind your back heheNothing bad thoughNobody says no to extra dmg and scholar runes are clearly better than Rage.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Superior rune of Speed-Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

I did a simple test, out of combat.And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

You're hardcapped at 36% bonus movement speed out of combat, so you'll only see the effect in combat.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Superior rune of Speed-Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

You're hardcapped at 36% bonus movement speed out of combat, so you'll only see the effect in combat.

Well, I guess it's all too obvious that I didn't know that.Thank you JCbroe, Mr Clutch!

@Hesacon.8735 said:Rune of the Flock works well on druid in spvp. Extra burst heal and more HP goes a long way.

I've been experimenting with Rune of the Flockand I appologize if anyone read that wall of text I wrote earlier.

I've edited this and Ill comment on Rune of the Flock

I think it sucks!I mean, it's not terrible if you are getting it purely for the extra heal stats.But it only works on your main personal heal and nothing else.No staff, no regen, no Avatar 1 2 3 4.Nothing else but personal heal...that is lame.If you are taking it for the healing for your group in pvp/pve, the 6th set bonus is an alright addition.Its like if I spent 45 dollars on beer and a cooler and they gave me a small bag of ice. I'm not complaining...I mean, it's better than nothing.It also has a 10sec CD, which, I dont know why it does. Who has a personal healing spell that can be cast twice in under 10 secs?Absolutely redundant.

Lets compare that to Superior Rune of Sanctuary.No Cooldown.Sanctuary effects every heal. Every regen, heal and even fernhound regen.Everything that heals in the game will give you a barrier. EVERYTHING.If you're in PvP and trying to survive the onslaught of DPS that is comingyour way because they've spotted you, Rune of Sanctuary is the easy choice.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:Rune of the Flock works well on druid in spvp. Extra burst heal and more HP goes a long way.

I think its quite a shame that the birds are gone. Would have been cool if they would have changed it to something similar to madking runes just with lifesteal and healing.

For how I want to use it, the extra vitality and maximum HP is a big deal. I can see the bird helping do more spike damage, but a sufficiently tanky enemy is going to stonewall my druid with or without it. I just need to stay up to keep my team up.

I do miss the extra heal on rune of water 6, as well as the extra condi cleanse, but the new flock is better for that role.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

I think its quite a shame that the birds are gone. Would have been cool if they would have changed it to something similar to madking runes just with lifesteal and healing.

For how I want to use it, the extra vitality and maximum HP is a big deal. I can see the bird helping do more spike damage, but a sufficiently tanky enemy is going to stonewall my druid with or without it. I just need to stay up to keep my team up.

I do miss the extra heal on rune of water 6, as well as the extra condi cleanse, but the new flock is better for that role.

Please see my above edited post.The only stat difference between Sanctuary and Flock is the +to heal.I think I more than make up for that with the barrier.

Admittedly, it would probably take some heavy testing to see what performs better.Basically Barrier vs +to heal.

I did a very unscientific experiment, and this is what I did.I equipped Sanctuary and FlockI pulled Svanir and utahein from a mid point between them, same order both times.I did not attack them, to the best of my ability, I just healed myself.Traits that would effect my heals, Windborne Notes, resounding timbre and invigorating bond.I used every regen/Heal I could, Troll Unguent, Protect Me, Guard and Glyph of Allignment and strength of the pack.Why all the shouts? For the regen they give.I also used staff 3, blasted staff 5 with warhorn, avatar 1 2 3 and 4I also used Fernhound Regen and with invigorating bond I also got a heal.

A little overboard, sure, but in games, its common to get focus fire from a couple bursty classes.Not fighting and only healing vs 2 beasts SORT OF replicates that. They hit pretty hard and fairly often.

Results?I lasted 21 seconds with Rune of the Flock. While the heals were good, I received no barrier.

With sanctuary Runes, I lasted more than 34 seconds longer.The heals were ALMOST as good and every regen and heal gave me barrier to withstand a constantonslaught for almost a full minute.

Now again, obvious not very scientific. But I honestly tried my best in each test and wanted to seeif one outperformed the other.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

I've been experimenting with Rune of the Flockand I appologize if anyone read that wall of text I wrote earlier.

I think it sucks!I mean, it's not terrible if you are getting it purely for the extra heal stats.But it only works on your main personal heal and nothing else.No staff, no regen, no Avatar 1 2 3 4.Nothing else but personal heal...that is lame.If you are taking it for the healing for your group in pvp/pve, the 6th set bonus is an alright addition.Its like if I spent 45 dollars on beer and a cooler and they gave me a small bag of ice. I'm not complaining...I mean, it's better than nothing.It also has a 10sec CD, which, I dont know why it does. Who has a personal healing spell that can be cast twice in under 10 secs?Absolutely redundant.

Lets compare that to Superior Rune of Sanctuary.No Cooldown.Sanctuary effects every heal. Every regen, heal and even fernhound regen.Everything that heals in the game will give you a barrier. EVERYTHING.If you're in PvP and trying to survive the onslaught of DPS that is comingyour way because they've spotted you, Rune of Sanctuary is the easy choice.

Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

The ICD is there because of Firebrand mantra heal and Chrono mantra heal. The healing would be even more insane, especially on Firebrands since with their traits they're Heal mantra is already an AoE support Heal.

As for Sanctuary Runes, the concept is that Barrier is temporary so the benefit of the rune is more temporary than a flat out powered up heal, BUT.... they're still busted. You heal yourself or you get healed and you get a barrier, and everyone gets harder to kill. It's going to dominate PvP builds until ANet changes the #6 effect.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

The ICD is there because of Firebrand mantra heal and Chrono mantra heal. The healing would be even more insane, especially on Firebrands since with their traits they're Heal mantra is already an AoE support Heal.

As for Sanctuary Runes, the concept is that Barrier is temporary so the benefit of the rune is more temporary than a flat out powered up heal, BUT.... they're still busted. You heal yourself or you get healed and you get a barrier, and everyone gets harder to kill. It's going to dominate PvP builds until ANet changes the #6 effect.

How did I forget about those heals. I knew I was missing something when I wrote that /oof

Would it make it OP? Or would it just make dedicated healers an actual thing?If the DPS classes could be gated to not being able to use it, I think it could make actual healers a thing.

Check out my test in the edited version I just put up.imo, definitely makes me harder to kill as a druid in those times I need to g t f o and survive the focusI am still not sure if DRUID is now any move viable than it ever was.I'll leave that to you.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

How did I forget about those heals. I knew I was missing something when I wrote that /oof

Would it make it OP? Or would it just make dedicated healers an actual thing?If the DPS classes could be gated to not being able to use it, I think it could make actual healers a thing.

Check out my test in the edited version I just put up.imo, definitely makes me harder to kill as a druid in those times I need to g t f o and survive the focusI am still not sure if DRUID is now any move viable than it ever was.I'll leave that to you.

I don't play Druid anymore, but not necessarily because I feel it's weak the way other people do, but because pets have died too easily in teamfights since the introduction of Scourge. Without the pet, Druid doesn't have any damage, so it ends up just being a weakened support.

Druid really needs to be made into a full support so that it doesn't just end up feeling like a mid tier support/healer (FB, Tempest, Ventari Herald, and Chrono all rank above Druid support wise).

As far as full supports go, that's Firebrand all the way already. A Runeset shouldn't be what defines a support role, that should happen at a class design level, but I'm strongly of the opinion that any option that benefits Firebrand, especially if it benefits Firebrand moreso than other classes/specs, is bad for every other support spec. FB has the most bloated toolset in this game. Get used to playing one (in WvW with Minstrels and the new Monk Runes on top of it all) and you'll wonder why it hasn't been nerfed to the ground already (preferably to buffing everything else to power creep the whole game 10x over).

@jcbroe.4329

Sorry for hijacking this thread...a little

I think druid without a half decent team is straight terrible.The only place I can carry is in a mid fight.And plenty of times, mid gets melted-- or we win mid and the enemy team just takes sides.And that would be ok on soulbeast because I can actually kill at far.But druid at far now is just a place holder waiting for a +1

On a soulbeast I can do most of what makes a druid great, even better.

I feel like I'm replaying a trap ranger all over again.Just trying to make it work, when it just doesn't.

Archived