What are some of the Best 5 man Comps for Smallscale WvW?

EnderzShadow.2506

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.The real question that sort of follows this though...
then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size
? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

just because something could be the best comp doesnt meant it will be played because not everyone wants to or enjoys playing mirage. I dont even have a level 80 mesmer. I prefer playing Guard/Engie/Warrior/Rev.

Plus the comp we are suggesting would require 5 players to create and level completely identical looking toons, same race,height,hair color, armor skins, weapon skins.

I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

@Spartacus.3192 said:I mean who is going to go to that level of work?Those that want to be the best? If its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:I mean who is going to go to that level of work?Those that want to be the best?
If
its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

I dunno man i play games for "fun" which does not always equal the "best" class. its my free time that im spending on a game....I played Deadeye for one day in WVW and my kill/death ratio was off the charts. Was it fun for me? No. so i switched back to my other classes. Could i faceroll on condi mirage? Probably. (i have tomes of knowledge and testimony of heroics to get it to 80 in minutes). Do i want to? Not particularly although i may change my mind in the future.

And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:I mean who is going to go to that level of work?Those that want to be the best?
If
its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

I dunno man i play games for "fun" which does not always equal the "best" class. its my free time that im spending on a game....I played Deadeye for one day in WVW and my kill/death ratio was off the charts. Was it fun for me? No. so i switched back to my other classes. Could i faceroll on condi mirage? Probably. (i have tomes of knowledge and testimony of heroics to get it to 80 in minutes). Do i want to? Not particularly although i may change my mind in the future.

And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?The topic was the best 5 mans tho.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.The real question that sort of follows this though...
then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size
? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

Not Mesmers but, I recall some time shortly after PoF release seeing a squad of 6 Longbow Rangers (Soulbeasts). I was freaking rolling I was laughing so hard at this group. Watching peoples health bars evaporate any time anyone tried to get near them was comedy gold.

That said, the only reason they were so effective is because most of them were actually quite decent. I'm betting they were in Teamspeak or at least communicating their targets and such.

I'm not suggesting this would be better than a squad of Mesmers however, just that this is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of more than 3 of the same profession that was clearly partied and roaming.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.The real question that sort of follows this though...

Not Mesmers but, I recall some time shortly after PoF release seeing a squad of 6 Longbow Rangers (Soulbeasts). I was freaking
rolling
I was laughing so hard at this group. Watching peoples health bars evaporate any time anyone tried to get near them was comedy gold.

That said, the only reason they were so effective is because most of them were actually quite decent. I'm betting they were in Teamspeak or at least communicating their targets and such.

I'm not suggesting this would be better than a squad of Mesmers however, just that this is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of more than 3 of the same profession that was clearly partied and roaming.

The most I've seen is 4 identical mesmers. If I remember correctly, they were on CD server.4 Asuras who had the same looks and even had very similar names and they had the same WvW rank.They steamrolled everyone they met and ran easily from much larger groups.

The problem with 4 identical mesmers is that due to their ability to drop target via Invis, you can't focus them effectively at all.Not even "Call Target" will work.According to the wiki: "If an enemy that is targeted uses an invisibility skill, such as Shadow Refuge the target will be removed and have to be replaced."

Almost impossible to focus a particular one.Mesmer A is targetted > Group focuses on Mesmer A > Mesmer A goes invis > Target mark is dropped > Group can't find the same mesmer back to target because there are 3 other freaking mesmers around and a large number of clones that look the same lol

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.The real question that sort of follows this though...

I found a few videos. Apparently PvP and PvE are well ahead of WvW when it comes to Mass mesmer clones :open_mouth:They are probably exploiting some bug or OP skill but in theory, this is what you would see when fighting a 5 man identical mirage group.

This is what fighting a 5 mesmer party would look like:

These are the PvE identical mesmer guilds:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes.

Yes

IMu7ZYZ.png

On the topic, this person here have the best vision:

@duillyn.2697 said:Two routes I think for 'best':

• mimic the zerg meta, heavy sustain, spike power damage with corrupts, rotate invuns/heals, engi very viable here.
  • super high mobility group (mes/thief/soul beast mainly with maybe a warr/engi/a few other things).

Whatever your group are skilled at play that primarily but maybe work towards one of those.

All the people suggesting the mythic 5 Mirage comp wouldn't even try it themselves... It's just a meme and problably would lose to a sustain ball.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:I mean who is going to go to that level of work?Those that want to be the best?
If

And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?The topic was the best 5 mans tho.

Cmon Dawdler, you don't get off that easy. Don't let me stop you from going a bit off topic, just don't hide behind the thread after saying"People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best."

All MMO players but the select 'leet' players want to stick to a classand want class balance. Obviously perfect class balance can't be achieved in any mmo.

But, on the other hand, if everyone did what you are complaining about then everyone in WvW would only play a handful of classes.How boring would that be?

Archived