Why do all the good players leave GW2?

sinsrock.1702

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@omgdracula.6345 said:I am not one of those good players, but pretty much due to lack of support of the game mode and the down tuning to making it super casual. Back at release you had to know the ins and outs of your profession and others. But now with elite specs any player can do well with little knowledge of the game.

What do you mean I don't need knowledge of my kit? There's so much intelligence in my invulnerable, triple leap, high power coefficient ability that tracks a target for 600 range. And my other ability that grants me multiple stability while knocking enemies into the air at 1/4 speed from 1200 range. So much skill. And when I dodge, knowing that'll be back up before the dodge timer finishes while providing me a projectile reflect, boons, and a boosted attacked is just so intellectual. xD

For safety, I wanna drop my /s here.

@Mathias.9657 said:Because instead of supporting GW1 the devs quit to make a stupid zombie game and some randoms invented GW2.

6+ years later we have 1 working pvp mode and cancer like mesmer still exists

top kek my dude

I really think the reason Mesmer is as crazy as it is, is because Anet nerfed EVERY other class instead of keeping everyone around the same level of play, they have been randomly nerfing things for thief, nerfed DH nerfed core ele nerfed daredevil nerfed firebrand skills nerfed scourge its just nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf for every class, stop nerfing things Anet things don't need nerfed if a given classs is struggling buff something on that class don't NERF another class its whats destroying your game :)

@sinsrock.1702 said:

@Mathias.9657 said:Because instead of supporting GW1 the devs quit to make a stupid zombie game and some randoms invented GW2.

top kek my dude

I really think the reason Mesmer is as crazy as it is, is because Anet nerfed EVERY other class instead of keeping everyone around the same level of play, they have been randomly nerfing things for thief, nerfed DH nerfed core ele nerfed daredevil nerfed firebrand skills nerfed scourge its just nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf for every class, stop nerfing things Anet things don't need nerfed if a given classs is struggling buff something on that class don't NERF another class its whats destroying your game :)

You have to nerf at some point. If you just always buff the weakest profession everything will be overtuned after a while (a.k.a. what we have now).

@Derenaya.3479 said:

top kek my dude

You have to nerf at some point. If you just always buff the weakest profession everything will be overtuned after a while (a.k.a. what we have now).

I agree but nerf nerf nerf isn't the answer either and at the state of the classes right now some of them just need buffs to do what hey are intended to do my example remains as thief :) I like this thread im glad I started it :)

@sinsrock.1702 said:

top kek my dude

Nope mesmer not op,was just in mesmer forum in a mes is op thread and posted how I witness a 5v1 duel with a Chrono, the Chrono our sustained the five attacking him and than when the group backed off to let their CD reset the Chrono bounced around between them waiting for them to attack again. Took the sixth try for the group to down him. I then was set straight by a super thief player saying he could do the same even easier and that he knew of a vid where a dd trolled 15 players all focused on downing him in the same way and that a lot of classes can do the same so gues that’s normal than lol

@sinsrock.1702 said:

top kek my dude

I agree but nerf nerf nerf isn't the answer either and at the state of the classes right now some of them just need buffs to do what hey are intended to do my example remains as thief :) I like this thread im glad I started it :)

Core/dd definitely need buffs but DE needs further toning down,buffs to core/dd have to be done in a way to significantly improve it’s performance but at same time not buff DE

@sinsrock.1702 said:

top kek my dude

Well what would you say thief needs? Let‘s say more damage. You can do that in two ways; Buff the damage of thief or nerf the sustain (blocks, hp, invulvs etc.) of the other classes. Both variants have their own flaws but that‘s why Anet should do more but smaller patches so they have better control over the professions.

@Derenaya.3479 said:

top kek my dude

Well what would you say thief needs? Let‘s say more damage. You can do that in two ways; Buff the damage of thief or nerf the sustain (blocks, hp, invulvs etc.) of the other classes. Both variants have their own flaws but that‘s why Anet should do more but smaller patches so they have better control over the professions.

This aswell, shaving off the powercreep will buff underperforming classes at same time

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Speak the truth

Game is Depressing'Gw2 can not recover'"Absolutely nothing to Guild Wars 2''Why waste your talent on Guild Wars 2''It's the Same Thing' 'Talk about the Same Thing'

"History Repeats Itself'Especially When You Ignore It[youtube video]

Yes, but this guy can only talk about streamer's view. What about 'good' casuals, good PvPers who SoloQ only, or good PvXers? He really just rants even though somewhat correct. Overall, not a good video about topic of balance, design of game, and how those two things are what forced Pro-players out. This guy can't even talk about vanilla all the way through to where we are now. Pro-players, streamers, and everything below it are not the same thing at all. Good players come from all spectrums. The only thing this guy can talk about is how e-sports has failed. Okay, GW2 was always going to fail on esports and tournaments because of the balance and design. Money is not everything.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@sinsrock.1702 said:Hello all I have a legit question, If you wana be trolly with your answer whatever haha but im looking for actual answer, im still newer to the game picked up the game around a year after pof release I know that gw2 was supposed to have a competitive like Esports thing a long long long time ago but that looks like its been scrapped I hear all the time that a lot of the really good players left but why? this seems to be a touchy question but im pretty curious :)

The game is nearly 7 years old, people come and people go, including top players.

But truth be told, there are a lot of those players whom people believe left the game, who never left the game at all. They just had main accounts banned and came back with alt accounts.

You could say that, but then the question remains, who really takes GW2 PvP seriously, from pro, good, PvXers, and casuals. The answer is the same, and if you think that 'good' players are still playing serisouly, then you have to be brain dead or new to the game. Do not act like the game is fine and pro-players are still gaming on here.

@"sinsrock.1702" said:Hello all I have a legit question, If you wana be trolly with your answer whatever haha but im looking for actual answer, im still newer to the game picked up the game around a year after pof release I know that gw2 was supposed to have a competitive like Esports thing a long long long time ago but that looks like its been scrapped I hear all the time that a lot of the really good players left but why? this seems to be a touchy question but im pretty curious :)

Well, Guild Wars 2 is a game of a certain and specific type. This simply doesn't include "competitive"; that's all. Personally, i can be very competitive (and salty in certain pvp situations, i admit :P ) but i think i may need to move on another prospective. Let's just love and appreciate the game as it is and for all the cool things it provides us (they are A LOT, trust me). I really do. Imo this is still the best mmo game out there, it has everything i look for in a game of this genre. ;)

top kek my dude

The problem is that it's not mesmer only. 1st placement game i just did, against scourge + reaper+ deadeye, had zero entertainment, and i don't feel like doing again an other season facing these builds..

I don't think i'm very good player, but i can say why i don't want to play more than for 1 daily.

1) Cheaters - arena.net does not care2) Afkers (1 afker spoils fun for 9ppl) - arena.net does not care3) "I need only gold so i don't care, i will stay afk on close" - arena.net does not care

When you have 3/5 of matches with someone who ruins your game intentionally and you just wasted 2 hours of your weekend to get nothing but negative feelings, there is no point to repeat this experience. Thanks arena.net for assistance.

PVP is not fun!

@"ezd.6359" said:I don't think i'm very good player, but i can say why i don't want to play more than for 1 daily.

1) Cheaters - arena.net does not care2) Afkers (1 afker spoils fun for 9ppl) - arena.net does not care3) "I need only gold so i don't care, i will stay afk on close" - arena.net does not care

When you have 3/5 of matches with someone who ruins your game intentionally and you just wasted 2 hours of your weekend to get nothing but negative feelings, there is no point to repeat this experience. Thanks arena.net for assistance.

PVP is not fun!

Nailed it. Now its funny that you get these games with afks and 99% of all other players get a afk a few games out of 5. then you have the "top" (lol) players with 16-1 records. Odd.. Hince why its now the afk and wintrade wars with no pro or top players. Just mama's basement trolls on the cheater board out trolling each other.

GW2 is not as fun to watch as other competitive games (mostly: LoL, DOTA2... ) so even at large tournaments the streaming numbers were very low. That means that PvP failed to appeal new gamers to the game, so the efforts from ANet in terms of supporting those tournaments never provided the expected earnings in terms of making a larger community (don't worry: the almighty Blizzard was unable to repeat the success of Starcraft or Diablo II with sequels as Starcraft II, Diablo III or HotS, and DICE was never able to make a dent in the e-sports scene with their Battlefield series depite how much they sold, so even good developers can struggle getting competitive game modes right).

On top of that lack off appeal from the mainstream player tor the GW2 PvP, we must said that the pace of content (balance patches, but also maps and game modes) was utterly glacial, which is a recipe for failure for any competitive game.

Another thing that hasn't been noted yet. Lack of community. Any team looking for members isn't going to risk any fresh blood when they can take an experinced player, and if they do they'll react aggressively when that player does something wrong. In fact that is also a huge issue. Gw2 had reached it's peak toxicity around HoT, it's calmed down a bit now. (compared to before where people were mailing each other hardened leather strings implying to "noose" themselves.) but it's still almost impossible to forge friendship or even find someone to que with. The general egotistical and aggressive player base leaves a lot to be desired in a team game. Remember, if your on the enemy team you are kitten, but if you are on their team you better play like a god or be called out on anything and everything.

sometimes me and my friends think about how fun this game was pre HoT. PvP used to rock

now it's a powercreeped @#&£fest. balance is awful and teams have been removed. you have to be stupid to play this game for pvp. it's just awful

god I'm glad I left. I come back here to check and PvP is just as bad as when I left. anet balance team useless as usual

its really interesting to see every ones point of view. I mainly play Pvp/ WvW mainly because im working on a youtube channel and I like doing montages Etc. but its really bad when I play thief... get crapped on because ranger/mes, I play core guard I get crapped on by really good mes (not all) and ranger...then I play Ranger main and I do well, Ranger can get really boring but sometimes it feels that If you don't play meta your not getting anywhere Blocks have NO reason in the game at the moment because of Rangers unblockable trait and if you spec into defense against ranger the next Mesmer you come against is going to steam roll you, there really isn't any point to playing other classes unless your zerging in WvW which..... is not the funnest IMO I like the solo/Havoc fights or even Havoc vs Zerg fights, but it does seem that, that almost doesn't exist in this game. or if it does I have not experienced it, ALSO NOTE im in a t3 server WvW so that could be why. This has become a really good thread I can definitely see why a lot of really good players leave the game especially content creators, you have to have content to create and GW2 has minimal.

Archived