Don't pull a Mass Effect stunt

fox.5340

Every bit of the latest episode reminds me of Mass Effect 3...and I love it. That being said. If you leave me hanging to create a new expansion or a whole core game entirely, I will never forgive you... even if I already have money set aside.

! Kudos to the dev-team for the traumatic cripple walk with radio chatter in the background. A man tear was almost shed...almost.

There's another episode still to go in Season 4 which I'm sure will be the end of this storyline. How it ends is up for debate, but they're not just going to leave it here and start a new storyline in the last episode of the season.

Not just because that would be horrible for players but because we've got a huge, still unresolved problem. The whole story of this episode was about how we can't ignore that or put it off any longer, that's why our plan was rushed. One way or another that needs to be sorted out before we can move on to anything else.

@"Danikat.8537" said:There's another episode still to go in Season 4 which I'm sure will be the end of this storyline.

While I certainly hope so, I am afraid it will drag on into the next season. Especially if the story is kept as short as in this episode.

"I'm afraid it will dragon into the next season."Fixed. :D

Yeah, they clearly ripped this off from ME3. I am just glad I didn't have to pick an ending dependant of my favorite color.

And if I see a bloody child in the next episode, that tells me it created the dragons as a solution for a nonexistent problem....... ok, i don't know what I'll do....

@Firelily.7534 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:While I certainly
hope
so, I am afraid it will
drag on
into the next season. Especially if the story is kept as short as in this episode."I'm afraid it will
dragon
into the next season."Fixed. :D

Hah! Good one. =)

@Alora.6841 said:And if I see a bloody child in the next episode, that tells me it created the dragons as a solution for a nonexistent problem....... ok, i don't know what I'll do....

I didn't play ME3, but it sounds like some sort of mix between an Asian horror movie and F.E.A.R.'s Alma. ;) Please no! :s

I think there needs to be some substantial length of time before the ending gets fully resolved. Otherwise it ruins the impact of that moment.

! Aurene has died in a very big tragic way. If they bring her back right away, then it really ruins the impact of her death and makes her sacrifice more trivial. Like oh, yeah... anyone can just die and come back easily. No problem. There's no stakes anymore. The commander already did that before during POF and it was silly back then too. That was Anet jumping the shark. If death means nothing, then you have no more stakes and it doesn't matter whether we fight the elder dragons or not. We can just revive and everything goes back to normal.

! I think it's inevitable they bring back Aurene at some point given all the ascension setup and Caithe, but they need to give it an episode or two before doing that. Take some time to grieve. Do some story that establishes how difficult it is to resurrect. Establish that it's not easy, not everyone can do it, and that it costs something big to make it happen.

@Xenon.4537 said:I think there needs to be some substantial length of time before the ending gets fully resolved. Otherwise it ruins the impact of that moment.We've basically been told that we've had at most a few years to live. That was during the PoF storyline though (and not even at its end) - since then the situation went south very fast, and the doom counter is now ticking in overdrive. We need to resolve the situation today, because we might not get tomorrow at all (well, figuratively speaking. We might get a few weeks. Maybe a month, but we definitely shouldn't count on it being closer to the latter rather than the former).

Sure, they might make the next episodes cover hours rather than days, but that would create problems of its own. Or they might suddenly forget we're on borrowed time, but that also would be bad writing.

@"Alora.6841" said:Yeah, they clearly ripped this off from ME3. I am just glad I didn't have to pick an ending dependant of my favorite color.

And if I see a bloody child in the next episode, that tells me it created the dragons as a solution for a nonexistent problem....... ok, i don't know what I'll do....

Cough. The Indoctrination Theory... But yeah, the last minutes, i felt just like in Mass Effect 3, when Harbinger pretty much knockout Shepard (Because let's face it, no one could survive from a beam who can cut dreadnoughts ships in half, like a hot knife through butter, and Shepard survived). That scene with crippled, pretty much came into my mind, last part of Shepard journey. Now, i guess, everything from Kralky's beam "in yo face" and seeing Aurene dead, its nothing but Kralky trying to indoctrinated us by "letting him live". ^_^And how Kralky pretty much left the scene, was almost like a copy on how Harbinger left the scene in Mass Effect 3. For sure, some devs from Anet, are Mass Effect fans.

Archived