Allow us to do server wide map chats with the enemy servers

EremiteAngel.9765

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The community can't even handle match up conversations in the forums, without devolving into trolling, baiting, and hate-mongering. I can't imagine that ANet would think about this for longer than it takes to read the original post.You should've seen the community wvw forum. The stuff around here is comparably tame and quite constructive.

That said, the negatives of cross-team chat outweigh the positives.

~ Kovu

@Hitman.5829 said:No, with the current system I get salt and spam when I rekt someone who think he has skill.Imagine the amount of salt and messages I would get on a daily basis. I rekt about 100+ players daily and about 10 message me with salt!

Ok..so as i see it, you rekt 100+ players daily but when they rekt you, you become salty and come here and open threads about guilds using whats it called siphon health or something (can't remember, saw thread few days back) or able to damage you through Defy Pain.You should be happy yo with 100+ kills.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:But isn't warfare about toxicity and salt?Why are we avoiding it?There is this saying that goes: your tears are sweet...

You do realise this GW2, right? Have you not noticed that even talking politely about other servers in your match is banned on these forums? That the official line promoted by the company that runs the game is "The best community in MMOS"? That every bad word on these forums is replaced automatically with the word "kitten"?

What would make you ever think that this particular game is "about toxicity and salt"? It is and always has been about co-operation and smiles, at least in the official version. WvW doesn't get a pass on the company ethos.

The easiest way to do this, is create a new chat channel (like /wvw or something) have it disabled by default. So you have to go in and enable it. 99% of players would never even know it existed.

The positive part of this ? It might actually make a couple of the people that usually hate whisper try to use this channel instead, perhaps believing that everyone else playing WvW would be engaged enough to enable it. Which overall would result in less hate whispers to people not interested in seeing them. Obviously anyone that wants to get hate whispers is going to have /wvw enabled anyways, so as to not lose any salt.

Regarding spying, honestly it wouldn't do a single thing to change that.

• Currently anyone can make a free account level it up to the proper level, and go into wvw and sit there an spy. Grab a guild invite from your guild or just whisper info/messages/activate tactivators etc.
  • The only change is that now they could announce this in /wvw chat instead of through their own guild chat or whisper ? I mean... the only thing they accomplish is show beyond a doubt that they are spying/sabotaging, so their enemy knows about it (and can thus plan around it).

So, depending on how dumb the spies are, this would effectively be a handicap for them....

Now trolling, that would run rampant. I approve.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived