Yeah yeah, mirage.... but soulbeast

Fortus.6175

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Yeh nerf soulbeasts. Give power back to the druids.

I loved druid during HoT time, although I knew it was strong and I was abusing the puppy out of it, I was having a blast; I have always loved supports, and specially supports that can kick butt. I have tried druid a few times these past seasons but they just cant hold up to the powercreep that PoF brought up. I'm still sticking my guns with staff tempest, but it doesnt take much game knowledge to see the discrepant difference between HoT and PoF speccs in terms of overall effectiveness. Whereas HoT elites felt like you were sacrificing something to gain something else, most PoF feel like a straight up upgrade, heck, even weaver, which is significantly stronger than core or tempest (and even then it cant fix the core issues that plague eles, which show that the class is flawed to the core, and no elite-slapping can fix that).

Nah, HoT did the same as PoF. Tempest, revenant, chrono, berserker, druid, reaper, scrapper were all stronger than vanilla.

Yes they were, but what I mean is the difference in elites, all of the current PoF elites are upgrades of upgrades:

Core to HoT: UpgradeHoT to PoF: UpgradeCore to PoF: Upgrade^2

Basically the upgrade is significantly bigger than the upgrades Hot brought to the core speccs, most speccs had elites cover many of the weaknesses of the core classes, whereas HoT ones in general had a tradeoff somewhere. Thats why almost no one runs any HoT specc except some rare cases or people's preferences, most strong builds are heavily leaning towards HoT.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we watching the same stream?! Almost all teams have a mirage, 9 classes, so many combinations, nearly all of them have at least 1 mirage..... soulbeasts are OP, but so is mirage. Incissor, please dont make this thread another mirage apologist one, this is about soulbeasts.....

@Fortus.6175 said:Are we watching the same stream?! All teams have a mirage, 9 classes, so many combinations, nearly all of them have at least 1 mirage..... soulbeasts are OP, but so is mirage. Incissor, please dont make this thread another mirage apologist one, this is about soulbeasts..... Also, as of this moment, the teams fighting each other neither have a soulbeast and both have 1 mirage, just saying.

don't know who inciSSor is

maybe if you can't copy a few letters in front of you on a screen then you're not the best source of pvp balance opinion

and yes, are we watching the same stream? there's 2 mirages out of 8 teams and now there's a single one that got carried and that's gonna lose vs a mirage that rerolled to soulbeast cus mirage is worthless

@incisorr.9502 said:

@"Fortus.6175" said:Are we watching the same stream?! All teams have a mirage, 9 classes, so many combinations, nearly all of them have at least 1 mirage..... soulbeasts are OP, but so is mirage. Incissor, please dont make this thread another mirage apologist one, this is about soulbeasts..... Also, as of this moment, the teams fighting each other neither have a soulbeast and both have 1 mirage, just saying.

don't know who inciSSor is

maybe if you can't copy a few letters in front of you on a screen then you're not the best source of pvp balance opinion

and yes, are we watching the same stream? there's 2 mirages out of 8 teams and now there's a single one that got carried and that's gonna lose vs a mirage that rerolled to soulbeast cus mirage is worthless

Ok whatever, i will take the free bump, thanks inciisor. Anyways, finals, mirage and SB again, what a surprise. Again, this isnt a mirage thread, please dont make this another mirage apologist thread, mirage is not even contested on whether they are strong or not anymore, at this point it is more of a consensus with only mirage players "defending it".

@Kilo.2539 said:If I had to choose between losing to a soulbeast or beating a mirage I would choose the defeat. All I'm saying is, it's no fun to fight a condi mirage.

Finally, someone is speaking sense.

Soulbeast is one of the most balanced, high skill cap specialization to ever exist in the 6 years of this game's lifespan. Boonbeast is just an okay 1v1er that is countered by power and condi mirage, spellbreaker, SD weaver and druid. Sic Em' Soulbeast does high damage, but it's extremely squishy and has the single highest skill cap in the game and it's burst is lower than guardian, holosmith, revenant, power mirage and FA weaver.

@Kilo.2539 said:If I had to choose between losing to a soulbeast or beating a mirage I would choose the defeat. All I'm saying is, it's no fun to fight a condi mirage.

That's kinda the point.even if something is OP. People would rather the OP thing exist as long as they arent annoyed fighting it.It is why mesmer and theif will always be targetted in the forum QQ. No matter the state of the builds they have

@Solori.6025 said:

@"Kilo.2539" said:If I had to choose between losing to a soulbeast or beating a mirage I would choose the defeat. All I'm saying is, it's no fun to fight a condi mirage.

That's kinda the point.even if something is OP. People would rather the OP thing exist as long as they arent annoyed fighting it.It is why mesmer and theif will always be targetted in the forum QQ. No matter the state of the builds they have

I rarely say something is OP or needs nerfed but condi mirage is OP and needs nerfed. When someone defends mirage they're basically saying "I main mirage, and I like the cheesy wins"

@Kilo.2539 said:

I rarely say something is OP or needs nerfed but condi mirage is OP and needs nerfed. When someone defends mirage they're basically saying "I main mirage, and I like the cheesy wins"

Here, here. Soulbeast is balanced.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Honestly I don't have any trouble with soulbeast on warrior. I have a harder time with skilled druids tbh.

@Kilo.2539 said:

...Yes..In fact I don't think I have ever said it didn't need a nerf....I'm actually afraid to know how you made the leap to that from my statement :I

@Solori.6025 said:

...Yes..In fact I don't think I have ever said it didn't need a nerf....I'm actually afraid to know how you made the leap to that from my statement :I

I didn't say you said that. I was just adding to the conversation overall.

@Kilo.2539 said:

I didn't say you said that. I was just adding to the conversation overall.

Ahh ok. That makes more sense then.

@Kilo.2539 said:

Honestly I don't have any trouble with soulbeast on warrior. I have a harder time with skilled druids tbh.

Yeah. That's because soulbeast is the highest skill build in the game tbh.

@Solori.6025 said:Yes it was. I'm scratching my head at this one too.

Same patch Dolyak Stance got buffed, so I suppose it's easy to see it that way. Still, Plasma, fury uptime, Moa Stance, Winter's Bite all nerfed at least slightly, and they fixed that bug that caused muddy terrain to last much longer than it was supposed to. It looked like a clear effort to me at least, to nerf the Boonbeast style. No more perma stab, protection, weakness, cripple, and slow for the entire duration of fights.

@mortrialus.3062 i really dont get what you are saying, soulbeast is not balanced i know this from maining it the past few months, ANYONE can pick it up and can play it easily, it has more sustain, mobility and can win any 1v1 matchup, mirage does also need a nerf im not saying it does not, but soulbeast is currently a larger problem for pvp right now, followed by mirage, from what people have said the things that need toned down are the mobility OR sustainability of soulbeast and the condition output of mirage.

@Kachros.4751 said:@mortrialus.3062 i really dont get what you are saying, soulbeast is not balanced i know this from maining it the past few months, ANYONE can pick it up and can play it easily, it has more sustain, mobility and can win any 1v1 matchup, mirage does also need a nerf im not saying it does not, but soulbeast is currently a larger problem for pvp right now, followed by mirage, from what people have said the things that need toned down are the mobility OR sustainability of soulbeast and the condition output of mirage.

I guess you missed a lot of the mirage nerf threads and recent youtube idiocy. Either way turn on the sarcasm detector, should work for a few seconds before exploding on one of Mortrialus' comments.

@Kachros.4751 said:@"mortrialus.3062" i really dont get what you are saying, soulbeast is not balanced i know this from maining it the past few months, ANYONE can pick it up and can play it easily, it has more sustain, mobility and can win any 1v1 matchup, mirage does also need a nerf im not saying it does not, but soulbeast is currently a larger problem for pvp right now, followed by mirage, from what people have said the things that need toned down are the mobility OR sustainability of soulbeast and the condition output of mirage.

This is just a mirage main trying to deflect how OP they are onto soulbeast which is perhaps the most balanced build to ever exist in GW2's 6 year life span.

Where's the boonbeast equivalent of that? Oh that's right, they don't exist. Because Boonbeast is the most balanced high skill spec in the game. Maybe come back when all the top streamers are making Boonbeast videos.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:MIRAGE MAIN SPOTTED. Stop trying to defend mirage and make ranger look OP. It's not going to work.

Soulbeast is perhaps the most balanced spec to ever exist in the 6 years of this game's lifespan. Boonbeast is just an okay 1v1er that is countered by power and condi mirage, spellbreaker, SD weaver and druid. Sic Em' Soulbeast does high damage, but it's extremely squishy and has the single highest skill cap in the game and it's burst is lower than guardian, holosmith, revenant, power mirage and FA weaver.

Someone gets outskilled, dies and comes to the forum and cries every time.

So Mortrialus, you're showing everyone how retarded you are by spamming the same message to everyone. So mirage is strong, it's even better when you're low elo because you panic and can't make the difference between a player and a clone. But mirage is actually really easy to burst because light armor YOU KNOW. Also the meta build is clone based, axe aa of soulbeast just destroy them. So soulbeast is "skilled" k let's look what soulbeast got : 1 perma prot, which means 33% damage reduction, on both power and condi because of this wonderfull trait "Second skin" and :0 dolyak gives you the same buff, so for 9 seconds every 40 seconds you take 33% of damage FROM ANY SOURCE (unless you fall , oh wait you have a trait to reduce falling damage by 50% LOL), easy facetank but once it's down or if u get boon remove, just use f1 with owl slb mod, sword 2 and Lighitning reflexes WELL PLAYED YOU VE ESCAPED YOU REALLY OUTPLAYED YOUR OPPONENT and if it wasn't enough griffon stance gives you SUPERSPEED everytime you dodge. Btw you're sharing all these broken stance to your allies because you didn't have enough impact. Also f3 in soulbeast mod with owl heal for 4k and gives resistance to you and your allies. I hope I don't need to explain why a heal that tics 8 times for 1168 every 12 sec and a stance that gives bonus damage on every hit (every 1/4 sec btw nice balance). I'm going to make you happy I'm a mirage main, but still 10x smarter than a guy who is probably stuck silver because he doesn't even try to understand the game. Thanks for your time reading it. Question your life because being so blind is dangerous.

@Kachros.4751 said:@mortrialus.3062 have you even saw boyce play soulbeast? he has yet to die in any 1v1 ever and just look at what i said in other discussion...

My friend hates condition builds. In fact hate would probably be an understatement, he absolutely despises condition builds and has a special place in his hell for condition damage.

My friend duelled Boyce as they're in the same guild. Duelled over and over and it broke him. He now says that while ever soulbeast is in the game in it's current for I can play the most disgusting condition builds ever thought of and it's all fine because soulbeast exists with it's disgusting amount of DR, sustain and damage that cannot be ignored by anything that isn't tanky itself.

Edit: Mortrialus isn't the friend I'm talking about btw. Also Mortrialus is throwing out memes, everything he's saying is sarcasm.

@"ferios.5936" said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:MIRAGE MAIN SPOTTED. Stop trying to defend mirage and make ranger look OP. It's not going to work.

Soulbeast is perhaps the most balanced spec to ever exist in the 6 years of this game's lifespan. Boonbeast is just an okay 1v1er that is countered by power and condi mirage, spellbreaker, SD weaver and druid. Sic Em' Soulbeast does high damage, but it's extremely squishy and has the single highest skill cap in the game and it's burst is lower than guardian, holosmith, revenant, power mirage and FA weaver.

Someone gets outskilled, dies and comes to the forum and cries every time.

Question your life because being so blind is dangerous.

This is when I knew I didn't have to take this post seriously because Boonbeasts don't run blind but Mirage is loaded with blinds. I think you have the classes mixed up my dude.

Archived