Mounts mean the death of roaming

witcher.3197

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I must say, unless you instantly dismount upon going into combat (while mounted), which I hope is how they do it, I'm extremely worried that mounts will give players an unfair advantage against ranged opponents. You could effectively use your mount to soak up damage from a ranged opponent as you close the gap. This unfair advantage could eventually force situations where the mounted player has the luxury of forcing the ranged player to also engage with mount (thus eliminating the ranged advantage at first) or just run/not fight.

That’s why u relax when someone approaches u with his mount no need blast all ur cds on the mount auto attack only. Or mount up as well and u 2 dance who engages first game

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I must say, unless you instantly dismount upon going into combat (while mounted), which I hope is how they do it, I'm extremely worried that mounts will give players an unfair advantage against ranged opponents. You could effectively use your mount to soak up damage from a ranged opponent as you close the gap. This unfair advantage could eventually force situations where the mounted player has the luxury of forcing the ranged player to also engage with mount (thus eliminating the ranged advantage at first) or just run/not fight.

That’s why u relax when someone approaches u with his mount no need blast all ur cds on the mount auto attack only. Or mount up as well and u 2 dance who engages first game

Is the ability to relax when being approached by an opposing side member in a PvP mode a good thing for the longevity and health of the node though,as convenient as it may seem?

@witcher.3197 said:So I've given it a chance and I'm not very optimistic.

What's the state of roaming now that some time has passed?

I don't think people should be able to avoid each other in a pvp mode as easily as it is the case right now.

The mount needs to be changed. I personally would reduce its health by 50% and reduce the number of evades from 3 to 2 or 3 to 1. Something along those lines.

Archived