Legendary Lore Nerf

Sorin Noroku.5342

Seriously though, what do we do with 20%? Doesn't a tick of burn only count with a full second or was that changed? Have they implemented fractions of seconds? Because otherwise what do we get out of this other than maybe some math about removing our sigil of smoldering and replacing it with a bursting?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kanto.1659 said:Doesn't a tick of burn only count with a full second or was that changed? Have they implemented fractions of seconds?

They changed that a long time ago. Before Burning stacked in intensity iirc. You get a separate tick of the fractional damage if it's the last stack, otherwise its ticks as normal.However I have a problem with 20% because the base duration is 4s. Make it 25% so you can get that clean 5-10s duration instead of 4.8 and 9.6.

I think since people consider the nerf necessary because of our dps/support abilities, they should buff our support side. A full support firebrand will not compare or replace any of the HoT support specs because of it's lack in both ranged support and a dedicated heal. Tempests have Soothing mist, auto attack heal on staff (no cooldown), huge aoe and burst heals, and auras that buff and heal. Druids can do just about the same but have more bursty heals and group dps increase. Firebrand has the ability to be a great support offering near permanent quickness, aegis spam, and decent heals but once your tome of resolve is down what are you left with to support your group? There are huge cooldowns on the tomes as well, so I think something needs to change to give us some form of a no cooldown dedicated heal ability (maybe rework the staff auto attack to do that). The support mantras are not great because of the range. The aoe needs to be as big, if not bigger than the shout radius and give the cone a longer range than the aoe around us.

@Incarne.4927 said:I think since people consider the nerf necessary because of our dps/support abilities, they should buff our support side. A full support firebrand will not compare or replace any of the HoT support specs because of it's lack in both ranged support and a dedicated heal. Tempests have Soothing mist, auto attack heal on staff (no cooldown), huge aoe and burst heals, and auras that buff and heal. Druids can do just about the same but have more bursty heals and group dps increase. Firebrand has the ability to be a great support offering near permanent quickness, aegis spam, and decent heals but once your tome of resolve is down what are you left with to support your group? There are huge cooldowns on the tomes as well, so I think something needs to change to give us some form of a no cooldown dedicated heal ability (maybe rework the staff auto attack to do that). The support mantras are not great because of the range. The aoe needs to be as big, if not bigger than the shout radius and give the cone a longer range than the aoe around us.

If you're going support as a guardian, can always take mace/shield. I believe the mace aa third hit is an aoe heal, I know the symbol pulses regen. The focus also has a bouncing projectile for regen buff too. The problem is, it's not enough for a "raid" setting. It should be plenty for other things. In fractals, it should be okay as well, it's just the Druid does it so easily

Guys, the problem is not the nerf itself, we all knew it would happen. The problem is the way they did it, they should nerf/change Ashes of the Just and Quickfire to keep solo DPS not so much behind group DPS.

I'm somewhat ok with the Legendary Lore, but there should be some compensation on solo DPS and a nerf to group DPS to keep things more balanced. Group DPS can be higher, but solo DPS shouldn't be so lower. Now solo DPS is about 70% of group DPS (30% less), it should be at least 85% (only 15% less).

@Ahlen.7591 said:Well the real problem with the nerf is it makes it feel kind of pointless to go into the tome in the first place. And if you aren't going into tome why be FB?

You know what I think would fix that is if you didn't have to stow the tome to get the tome reset from the trait. Not being able to frontload so much burning makes me more hesitant about going into the tome, mostly because i still trait quickfire and if I don't get the reset I tank my dps.

@Mikau.6920 said:Guys, the problem is not the nerf itself, we all knew it would happen. The problem is the way they did it, they should nerf/change Ashes of the Just and Quickfire to keep solo DPS not so much behind group DPS.

I'm somewhat ok with the Legendary Lore, but there should be some compensation on solo DPS and a nerf to group DPS to keep things more balanced. Group DPS can be higher, but solo DPS shouldn't be so lower. Now solo DPS is about 70% of group DPS (30% less), it should be at least 85% (only 15% less).

Yes this is completely correct.

Another this to point out is that for example sun spirit counts as damage for the player who triggers it, not the ranger who cast the spirit. Ashes of the just counts as the Firebrands damage. I think this really skewed the comparison between different classes.

I would like to see a buff to Firebrand personal dps, and a nerf ashes of the just.

@JMaarse.7086 said:I would like to see a buff to Firebrand personal dps, and a nerf ashes of the just.

Seriously no! FB dont need more dps, it needs better support capability, better incombat mobility, and a support weapon that matchens the playstyle/mechanics, axe dont, it is a support profession. Scepter shouldnt be the primary choice in a valid support profession.

Buff base guardian and DH instead, FB dps-wise is fine as is.

@Brutaly.6257 said:

@JMaarse.7086 said:I would like to see a buff to Firebrand personal dps, and a nerf ashes of the just.

Seriously no! FB dont need more dps, it needs better support capability, better incombat mobility, and a support weapon that matchens the playstyle/mechanics, axe dont, it is a support profession. Scepter shouldnt be the primary choice in a valid support profession.

I'm also in the camp of nerf Ashes and buff base damage. I hate that I am forced to take Quickfire because it is such an annoying trait and would love if I could take the tome trait instead so I could take Permeating Wrath over zeal.

Edit: They can also at the same time make PW trigger on every hit but no longer be AoE so it is consistant against everything and not the most swiggy trait in the game.

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@Brutaly.6257 said:

I'm also in the camp of nerf Ashes and buff base damage. I hate that I am forced to take Quickfire because it is such an annoying trait and would love if I could take the tome trait instead so I could take Permeating Wrath over zeal.

Edit: They can also at the same time make PW trigger on every hit but no longer be AoE so it is consistant against everything and not the most swiggy trait in the game.

For most real encounters, PW + Tome trait is probably about on par with Zeal + Quickfire since they nerfed quickfire. On fights with lots of adds, PW will blow up from a damage standpoint.

@accelerated.3581 said:this nerf was kinda predictable. just waiting the meta dust to settle :cry: i wonder if we'll become the new target for nerfs like the necro :sweat_smile:

Engineers wonder when people will notice that we take nerfs before we even have much opportunity to be OP.

I mean, holosmith still does less damage than nerfed firebrand, and we're supposed to be the DPS class. We don't even provide support!

Archived