Welcome Back to Guild Wars 2!

@allan.4092 said:

@Arden.7480 said:Most important info/Summary:

All Expansions 50% off using a code GW2WELCOMEBACK. (Also Bundles are 50% off)

Daybreak - the first episode is free - unlock it through Gemstore (normally costs 200 Gems).

Tomorrow's Arenanet's Livestream will be about Daybreak and how to unlock the first mount - Raptor (which is easy, you simply need to start the story and play 2 first chapters of PoF Story), I think there may be some easter eggs during the Livestream and a lot of useful informations, so it's worth joining in.

A lot of Livestreams by Arenanet's partners throughout the week/s. (Recalling what's been happening so far in the story to refresh it all before the grand Finale of Season 4) - assuming the next weeks will be replaying Episode 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Hello, I am trying to use this code to buy HOT unsuccessfully, this works only for PoF?Thans!

You can buy a bundle Hot+PoF, but if you bought PoF, and didn't HoT, then I don't know.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I'm down for this kind of thing.

As for players, its really hard to get them into the game and stick with it if they aren't even bothered to do the story to catch up. Its mostly on them at that point.

Though asking people to pay for chapters they missed after buying the expansion on top of it is a huge roadblock. You can't rationalize around this, because people outside of GW2 have never heard of a system that makes you pay for the expansion content and then pay again for content that is tied to that expansion.

Daybreak will be free after the patch today. Presumably for a week.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Etria.3642 said:

As for players, its really hard to get them into the game and stick with it if they aren't even bothered to do the story to catch up. Its mostly on them at that point.

Though asking people to pay for chapters they missed after buying the expansion on top of it is a huge roadblock. You can't rationalize around this, because people outside of GW2 have never heard of a system that makes you pay for the expansion content and then pay again for content that is tied to that expansion.

That's correct! The episode is now free in the gem store along with a Tradesman's Package, and those will be free for a week.

@sorudo.9054 said:

well, now we know and i was right, yet more kitten and unused time they could've used to improve the game.

It's not necessary to sacrifice gameplay development to help welcome players back who feel overwhelmed by how much they missed. Devs are still at their desks doing their thing while our teams do our things. As always: Different teams for different things.

@Tharjax.9068 said:Is there a way to view the stream if we miss it?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Tharjax.9068 said:Is there a way to view the stream if we miss it?

In the past, ArenaNet streams have always ended up on YouTube. Check the Guild Wars 2 Official YouTube channel.

Good luck.

Yep! Here you go.

@Laurie.1698 said:hmm....its been about a year and half since I've played, been considering coming back. It does seem a bit overwhelming at this point. I'll be watching this for sure.

This is for players exactly like you! We saved your spot–come on back in and I hope this helps you!

@Etria.3642 said:

I'm referring to Season 2 and 3. Mostly 1 we'll never be able to play. I guess saying Ep 1 of S4 being free is just an easy dodge from the issues I bring up.

@"BearAE.1042" said:I am so sad. I just saw the news on the GW2 site, saw the discount code for PoF and thought "I'll finally pick it up!"....It expired a day ago. :'(Tardy to the party on so many levels.

You could hit up support they sometimes honor a request if you miss it by afew hours.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:When you take a break from a game, one of the things that makes it difficult to start back up again is the feeling that you've missed too much to ever catch up. We want to offer to help former Guild Wars 2 players who might feel that way, so starting next Monday we're going spend five weeks getting those members of our community re-acquainted with Tyria. We'll show how to get your first mount and play through Living World Season 4, pointing out helpful features and updates along the way. Members of our partner program will be joining too, leading players through various open world events.

If you want to join in but can't remember your password, we can help you with that! Go to https://help.guildwars2.com and click "Trouble Logging In?", and our CS team can help.

Honestly you guys don't push out enough content for anyone to get all that far behind.

Archived