Ascended armor drops favor new and returning players

@Klowdy.3126 said:I'm only up to a personal level of 40 (T2), but last night I got two rings, one of which was a copy of one I bought at the laurel vendor, and the other I will probably never use. This was the first time I've gotten anything in the drawn out time of doing fractals.

I've always thought the system was a little strange. The most ascendeds come when you need them the least. I would like to see it shift into something that allows you to acquire more as you move forward, not less as you go down. T1 offers rings and neck, T2 adds trinkets and a higher than current chance for armor, T3 bumps up the armor rate, and T4 adds in weapons. I'm not asking for gear to be thrown at me, but a bit higher chance to get what I need to progress would be great before I get to the end.

I can only assume they want to push crafting, another aspect of the game, in order to acquire most, if not all of that first set of ascended gear, but the crafting in this game is just so boring, and convoluted. I managed to push my way through armor crafting to get a heavy set, but now that I've changed to necro, it's just so hard to find the effort to do it again. I am working on it, it's just such a tedious slog.

Next time you get daily chests, right click and use 'preview' almost all you suggestions are in it. It's juts RNG based

@phs.6089 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:I'm only up to a personal level of 40 (T2), but last night I got two rings, one of which was a copy of one I bought at the laurel vendor, and the other I will probably never use. This was the first time I've gotten anything in the drawn out time of doing fractals.

I've always thought the system was a little strange. The most ascendeds come when you need them the least. I would like to see it shift into something that allows you to acquire more as you move forward, not less as you go down. T1 offers rings and neck, T2 adds trinkets and a higher than current chance for armor, T3 bumps up the armor rate, and T4 adds in weapons. I'm not asking for gear to be thrown at me, but a bit higher chance to get what I need to progress would be great before I get to the end.

I can only assume they want to push crafting, another aspect of the game, in order to acquire most, if not all of that first set of ascended gear, but the crafting in this game is just so boring, and convoluted. I managed to push my way through armor crafting to get a heavy set, but now that I've changed to necro, it's just so hard to find the effort to do it again. I am working on it, it's just such a tedious slog.

Next time you get daily chests, right click and use 'preview' almost all you suggestions are in it. It's juts RNG based

Isn't it a much lower chance in T1 than it is in T4?

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I take back what I said.... Y'day I got a named ascended armor chest while completing TT... My observations are inconclusive... Or it might be related to the fact that I avoided TT,fracs,teq for a week then upon my first TT after a week's break, I got the chest?

This just in: Breakthrough in research! Scientific analysis and data sets now reliable with only 1 sample size.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I take back what I said.... Y'day I got a named ascended armor chest while completing TT... My observations are inconclusive... Or it might be related to the fact that I avoided TT,fracs,teq for a week then upon my first TT after a week's break, I got the chest?

This just in: Breakthrough in research! Scientific analysis and data sets now reliable with only 1 sample size.

I documented my own experience so ppl can post their experiences too... I couldn't be an acceptable sample size on my own... So I resort to forums... Data from the masses might help a little... And I never said my results were reliable at all...

Why do ppl react this way??? If that's just a funny remark u made, that's okay... but if u're serious while making that statement, Idk... Dull gloomy world

I documented my own experience so ppl can post their experiences too...Actually, you didn't document your experience. At best, you summarized your impressions. And then, without waiting for any other data, you leaped to a conclusion.

• Impression: "I got around 8 armor chest within approx 10-12 days."
  • Impression: "t4...no asc drops for 2 months"
  • Conclusion: "if we complete ... fracs regularly, anet's rng algorithm allots us little to zero chance for asc drops"

I couldn't be an acceptable sample size on my own...If only you has waited for more data.

And I never said my results were reliable at all...If you thought your results were unreliable, why did you offer a conclusion?

Why do ppl react this way???Maybe it was your theory that there's a conspiracy.

Incidentally, 8 armor chests for T1-2 fractals in two weeks is unbelievably good luck, as the drop rate is 2.1% (the odds are half a million to one). Did you mean that you did T4 fractals for two weeks, but your personal level was under 50? That has no bearing on what we get out of the fractal chests at all.

Similarly, "no ascended drops for 2 months" from T4 is even less likely. Non-infused rings alone have a 1:5 chance of dropping. To go for 60 days of triple T4s without even a ring (never mind anything else) is something like a quadrillion to 1 (10^18 against).

That leaves the impression that you are unintentionally reporting just a subset of your observations. That's a common problem in data collection by amateurs, such as you or I. We have a tendency to pay closer attention to data that surprises or annoys us and ignore 'normal' looking "stuff." Plain rings drop all the time, so they are often forgotten when people report.

Or maybe when you said, "No asc drops for 2 months" you meant something other than "no rings, no infused rings, no amulets, no accessories, no armor boxes, no weapon boxes, no damask, no elonian, no deldrimor." Either way, it gives the impression that you are describing how you feel, not actual data.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:but your personal level was under 50? That has no bearing on what we get out of the fractal chests at all.

So that raises a question for me, since when I started doing fractals, I noticed the following point on the wiki:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Difficulty_scale

Increased personal levels offer increased rewards, even if the run is at a lower difficulty level. Higher difficulty levels offer greater challenges and higher chances of better rewards, from foes, chests, and bonus chests.

I distinctly recall that as my personal level went up, the quality of rewards went up as well on days when I only did fractals in T1 or T2.

This observation with a sample size of 1 based on a bullet point published on the free to edit wiki page, I get that, but thoughts?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:but your personal level was under 50? That has no bearing on what we get out of the fractal chests at all.

So that raises a question for me, since when I started doing fractals, I noticed the following point on the wiki:

Increased personal levels offer increased rewards, even if the run is at a lower difficulty level. Higher difficulty levels offer greater challenges and higher chances of better rewards, from foes, chests, and bonus chests.

I distinctly recall that as my personal level went up, the quality of rewards went up as well on days when I only did fractals in T1 or T2.

This observation with a sample size of 1 based on a bullet point published on the free to edit wiki page, I get that, but thoughts?

tl;dr increased personal reward affects relics and pristines that drop from any fractal, regardless of dailies; it has no impact on whether you get tiered daily rewards, nor on what drops from the reward chests

A lot of the wiki article was written back in the days when rewards were greatly tied to fractal level. Roughly, if you were Fractal Personal Level 10, you could have done Fractal 50, but you would have gotten the same rewards as if doing Level 10. I doubt if the article has been rewritten to reflect the many changes to rewards since then, leaving room for misunderstanding.

Today (unlike the original fractal setup), there are four distinct rewards:

• Fractal Tier Dailies
  • Fractal Recommended Dailies
  • Boss chest
  • Other drops from final battle

The last two categories are the only thing we got originally, and those rewards went up with fractal level and personal level (as noted above). The first two categories aren't affected at all by personal level nor by fractal level, excepted that the recommended chest is only available for three specific fractals each day... and the tiered rewards depend on the highest tier you complete, e.g. the master's chest only drops for those doing T4.

The ascended drops of which the OP speaks have by far the highest rate from the T4 chests and opening such chests is unaffected by anything: once you get the chest, the odds are the same for everyone. (At least, that's how ANet explained it and there's no data that even hints that they are mistaken.)

Personal reward is important in the long run and it's very relevant for anyone running a fractal farm; it's not important at all to the question at hand, which revolves around what drops from the tier reward bouncies.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I documented my own experience so ppl can post their experiences too... I couldn't be an acceptable sample size on my own... So I resort to forums... Data from the masses might help a little... And I never said my results were reliable at all...

Why do ppl react this way??? If that's just a funny remark u made, that's okay... but if u're serious while making that statement, Idk... Dull gloomy world

I don't know. Why do people make irrational assumptions without any type of scientific approach?

Record your drops over a period of 3 months (and I mean RECORD as in write them down). Make a table, get ideally some more people you know to do the same. Try to get a data set of at LEAST 500 drops, the more the better. Then come back and formulate a theory to share. Everything else can't be taken serious, and as such I decided to summarize what I just wrote in a snarky 1 sentence response assuming that's what you were after with your 1 drop data set.

Archived