Impact of Daredevil Changes

AyZro.3519

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:unrivaled mobility.

lol......LOL.......

LOL

Objectively true. If you look at weapon kits, Shortbow 5 easily outclasses every other professions weapon 5 skill in terms of just how much it swings games. It is objectively the strongest weapon skill in the game in terms of game impact. It's like old mesmer portal in terms of how OP Portal is over other utilities but in terms of weapon scale. I think once Shortbow 5 is addressed, maybe limiting it to 450 units, we can see thieves moved into a more fair role where they can be more consistent 1v1ers and team damage dealers.

SB 5 is strong for sure and effective in a game mode like conquest but it's not OP in any way and suffers from drawbacks like 6 ini cost and no line of sight bugs and becomes less important in pve with mounts. SB skills 1-4 are objectively worse than other bow skills,sure thiefs learned to make best with what they got ie choking gas on downed opponents,pre cast clusters with steal(not with swipe lol) and cluster in fields etc all inch uses except maybe a low dps way to tag enemies and kilm clones due to auto ricochet lol. Sb as a whole is not a reason a class is OP or needs to be underpowered in the slightest.

This is PVP MY DUDE who cares about mounts.

If you put all the weapon skills side by side it is not possible to argue that Infiltrator's Arrow hasnt singlehandedly won more conquest matches on it's own than any other weapon skill. That is objectively overpowered conpared to every other class weapon skill.

Portal got rebalanced for being heads and shoulders above all other utilty skills and singlehandedly winning more games than any of them. It's time to give Infiltrator's Arrow the same treatment.

Portal could take whole teams, or allow the mes to "drop off" revs far away, or be in 2 places almost at one time.

Simply put, the strength of shortbow 5 is the lack of the foes situational awareness and defense.

A small application of these two factors can put 6-12 initiative into oblivion.

In games now, thief is reliant on team knowing how to play with thief.

None are happy with two. If one shortbow 5 can win the game, 2 shortbow 5's is a guaranteed victory.....

Do Guardian collective use of Line of Warding win whole games the way the collective use of Shortbow 5 carries thief? Does Ranger's collective use of any of its weapon skills win entire games the way shortbow 5 carries thief? It's time to nerf Infiltrators arrow. Besides this will actually be a buff for Daredevil as the actual speed increases with Unhindered Combatant matter plus DP daredevil being able to use heartseeker for mobility will put it back in the meta.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol......LOL.......

LOL

Objectively true. If you look at weapon kits, Shortbow 5 easily outclasses every other professions weapon 5 skill in terms of just how much it swings games. It is objectively the strongest weapon skill in the game in terms of game impact. It's like old mesmer portal in terms of how OP Portal is over other utilities but in terms of weapon scale. I think once Shortbow 5 is addressed, maybe limiting it to 450 units, we can see thieves moved into a more fair role where they can be more consistent 1v1ers and team damage dealers.

SB 5 is strong for sure and effective in a game mode like conquest but it's not OP in any way and suffers from drawbacks like 6 ini cost and no line of sight bugs and becomes less important in pve with mounts. SB skills 1-4 are objectively worse than other bow skills,sure thiefs learned to make best with what they got ie choking gas on downed opponents,pre cast clusters with steal(not with swipe lol) and cluster in fields etc all inch uses except maybe a low dps way to tag enemies and kilm clones due to auto ricochet lol. Sb as a whole is not a reason a class is OP or needs to be underpowered in the slightest.

If you put all the weapon skills side by side it is not possible to argue that Infiltrator's Arrow hasnt singlehandedly won more conquest matches on it's own than any other weapon skill. That is objectively overpowered conpared to every other class weapon skill.

Portal got rebalanced for being heads and shoulders above all other utilty skills and singlehandedly winning more games than any of them. It's time to give Infiltrator's Arrow the same treatment.

They can take that away after they give something (many things such as more health, sustain, moar damage, better attacks, and a button dedicated to reliably under every circumstance 1-shot mirages) back, unless you want to give infiltrator's arrow 10,000 range. I'll take that portal treatment.

If you want more damage in attacks , then give all other ranged characters the ability to kite any Meele spec (and i mean real kite , like 24/7 with cc and slow ) . in order to give up the bases and kite your kitten :)If meele must do major damage , then the ranged must kite forever .And strafe attack (reduce the angle that you can run away , while attacking

Ootherwise if meele character , keep all the tools to stay on target , give the defenders more survubily or damage

Range classes can kite very well, they don't need buffs. The ones that can't kite so well do massive massive mastiff damage or melt you with AOE, the other is a non-stop evade machine.

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:unrivaled mobility.

lol......LOL.......

LOL

Portal could take whole teams, or allow the mes to "drop off" revs far away, or be in 2 places almost at one time.

Simply put, the strength of shortbow 5 is the lack of the foes situational awareness and defense.

A small application of these two factors can put 6-12 initiative into oblivion.

In games now, thief is reliant on team knowing how to play with thief.

None are happy with two. If one shortbow 5 can win the game, 2 shortbow 5's is a guaranteed victory.....

Do Guardian collective use of Line of Warding win whole games the way the collective use of Shortbow 5 carries thief? Does Ranger's collective use of any of its weapon skills win entire games the way shortbow 5 carries thief? It's time to nerf Infiltrators arrow. Besides this will actually be a buff for Daredevil as the actual speed increases with Unhindered Combatant matter plus DP daredevil being able to use heartseeker for mobility will put it back in the meta.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. In what you just typed did you not once manage to form what could be described as a coherent thought. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

You really think just because we can hop with heartseeker it will make D/P meta? My god.

SB5 in no way carries thief to win games. A good thief player having god like map awareness and +1ing fights correctly is what carries a thief to victory. Just because I can SB5 doesn't mean my team is going to win fights mid or not lose home at all.

lol......LOL.......

LOL

They can take that away after they give something (many things such as more health, sustain, moar damage, better attacks, and a button dedicated to reliably under every circumstance 1-shot mirages) back, unless you want to give infiltrator's arrow 10,000 range. I'll take that portal treatment.

If you want more damage in attacks , then give all other ranged characters the ability to kite any Meele spec (and i mean real kite , like 24/7 with cc and slow ) . in order to give up the bases and kite your kitten :)If meele must do major damage , then the ranged must kite forever .And strafe attack (reduce the angle that you can run away , while attacking

Ootherwise if meele character , keep all the tools to stay on target , give the defenders more survubily or damage

Range classes can kite very well, they don't need buffs. The ones that can't kite so well do massive massive mastiff damage or melt you with AOE, the other is a non-stop evade machine.

When i mean Kite , i dont mean dodge once , do a cripple and then getting attacked again by the meele in 2 sec .More like the P/P Daredevil thief and his dodge get away trait .

I would love to get this treatment on Regenate(Revenant) , whie all his utilities offers aoe buffs (place totems)

My point on the topic was very shady, as a top 10 thief at EU leaderboards, after having more then 5k on thief, played all the content.I can explain this very simple, and even a non thief player can understand ::::: THIEF with no Steal is dead thief , Thief with no Kiting is dead thief , 1200 range was the minimum range u should kite without getting demolished, there is no "TRADEOFF" to a skill that the thief is a walking loot bag without it,

lol......LOL.......

LOL

When i mean Kite , i dont mean dodge once , do a cripple and then getting attacked again by the meele in 2 sec .More like the P/P Daredevil thief and his dodge get away trait .

I would love to get this treatment on Regenate(Revenant) , whie all his utilities offers aoe buffs (place totems)

While thief would love a power house weapon like hammer in wvw and would love the multiple higher burst dps options revs have making them a better +1 class etc. Revs also got more sustain compared to thief. Only area rev loses to thief is disengagement. I say this as a rev also player.

lol......LOL.......

LOL

While thief would love a power house weapon like hammer in wvw and would love the multiple higher burst dps options revs have making them a better +1 class etc. Revs also got more sustain compared to thief. Only area rev loses to thief is disengagement. I say this as a rev also player.

Thiefs dont allow the target he escape + they can disengagement .Sothe victim must have more survibility .... ring a bell ? :PThe victim (slow character) either will kite or have more survibility

lol......LOL.......

LOL

Thiefs dont allow the target he escape + they can disengagement .Sothe victim must have more survibility .... ring a bell ? :PThe victim (slow character) either will kite or have more survibility

Revs and most other classesd ont need disengagement seeing as they can actually win fights lmao I miss disengagement when I rev somtimes but miss the dps and sustain that I had on rev far more often when I I thief so. Running away instead of being able to stay in fight is far less enjoyable playstyle aswell. I also disengage quite well on my mesmer,soulbeast,scrapper and warrior :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Haha yeah ur right it's all us bad s/d thiefs that relegated thiefs to a +1 class. Get real. Gues sind is a bad thief? Heard him in streams mention noodle dps on thief multiple times but he must not be good since he knows to avoid most 1v1 cuz to risky and waste to much time lmao

S/d thiefs have more survibily and escape+ dis abilities than Rev .What does Sind or whaever he called to do about it ?

You are telling me that Reve , have more survibility and i corrected you that S/d have more .Can you read ?

@Woof.8246 said:You havent meet thiefs S/DStrange for a person that play for 4 years

Edit: its different things to get away like the classes you listed , and different things to Kite (cc while dpsing)

While thief chases or disengages its either using all its ini with sb5 and cant use any weapon skills if caught which can happen with mesmer,sb or warrior so their dead.or usetheir utilities in which u dont escape far enough from and still use all ur weapon ini on sb5 all while soulbeast can keep.close enough to delete u with one rapid fire or rev with one burst lmao sound like ur clueless

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Woof.8246 said:You havent meet thiefs S/DStrange for a person that play for 4 years

Edit: its different things to get away like the classes you listed , and different things to Kite (cc while dpsing)

While thief chases or disengages its either using all its ini with sb5 and cant use any weapon skills if caught which can happen with mesmer,sb or warrior so their dead.or usetheir utilities in which u dont escape far enough from and still use all ur weapon ini on sb5 all while soulbeast can keep.close enough to delete u with one rapid fire or rev with one burst lmao sound like ur clueless

You are the once cluess , if you havent played S/D plz avoid tying anything and embarassing yourselfWe are talking about survibility ...s...u..r...v... etc

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:all I hear is qq this qq that. steal range nerf 100% correlates with lack of damage and sustain. please go back to school. more then half of the thieves that use steal to engage instead of rupting a heal die to whatever bad build im playing. oh no I cant tele through terrain as much anymore, something anet said they were going to do something about like 2 years ago. oh no theyre finally doing something about it!

People who don't play thief calling justified complains as "qq" is exactly why we got where we are.Two people who know something about thief told you that using Steal to engage was primary most effective gameplay for d/p and you just go on babbling the same "oh I don't play thief but people using the only relevant burst combo to do burst combo are bad" and then proceed to describe an S/D thief Steal-gameplay even further prooving your complete lack of knowledge and experience with Thief, so tell me, how do you even dare to keep babbling your nonse around here when you are clearly lost?

@Woof.8246 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Haha yeah ur right it's all us bad s/d thiefs that relegated thiefs to a +1 class. Get real. Gues sind is a bad thief? Heard him in streams mention noodle dps on thief multiple times but he must not be good since he knows to avoid most 1v1 cuz to risky and waste to much time lmao

S/d thiefs have more survibily and escape+ dis abilities than Rev .What does Sind or whaever he called to do about it ?

You are telling me that Reve , have more survibility and i corrected you that S/d have more .Can you read ?

Lmao are u serious? I have been playing rev alot lately. U keep saying s/d has more disengagement than rev and more sustain.i never once said rev had the same or more disengagement ability compared to thief,can u read? Of course thief has more disengagement than rev and I even stated being able to disengage is one thing I miss on rev.what I did say is that rev has higher dps,higher dps bursts,more types of bursts and better IN COMBAT sustain. Saying theif has good sustain is like saying theif has the best sustain in the game because it can just run away(though alot of classes if played right can catch them most times) so than in ur mind it's ok for a class to be garbage in a fight because it can run away? That's ridiculous. Seems like a class that isn't viable in combat due to being able to run from it would be a fun realistically balanced class lmao. Sounds awsome to just run from everything,would u like to play a class demoted to that? Lmao a rev player actually complaining about thief, thiefs good at 2 things, recap and +1 and revs now better at the one kinds fun role thief had.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lmao are u serious? I have been playing rev alot lately. U keep saying s/d has more disengagement than rev and more sustain.i never once said rev had the same or more disengagement ability compared to thief,can u read? Of course thief has more disengagement than rev and I even stated being able to disengage is one thing I miss on rev.what I did say is that rev has higher dps,higher dps bursts,more types of bursts and better IN COMBAT sustain. Saying theif has good sustain is like saying theif has the best sustain in the game because it can just run away(though alot of classes if played right can catch them most times) so than in ur mind it's ok for a class to be garbage in a fight because it can run away? That's ridiculous. Seems like a class that isn't viable in combat due to being able to run from it would be a fun realistically balanced class lmao. Sounds awsome to just run from everything,would u like to play a class demoted to that? Lmao a rev player actually complaining about thief thiefs good at 2 things, recap and +1 and revs now better at the one kinds fin role thief had

Have more IN COMBAT sustain ?What does this mean ?Havent played some S/D ?

Not Core , Nor Renegate have the same burst not survibility as Herald .You cant lump everything in here , that the Rev have more ''of all''And when you compare Herald to S/d , S/d would be more beneficial

And why other classes must not enjoy a kite spec , like P/P thiefs ?So you wont be force to have fast paced/action combat , like other thief enjoy ?Mobility in capzones are useless , cause of the aoes

I've played yrs of s/d what are u on about? U have survivability by s2 away and engage other than that u have no more survivability than any thief build,sure may be an improvement on survivability but still is garbage as is sword damage compared to what other classes are hitting.u have an unblockable sure but over all dps of s/d is low and any burst with it are far lower than other classes burst that have far more innate sustain. Why are u so fixated on s/d? Theres more to a class than one build.atleast in a proper balanced game there should be which seems to not be what u believe.anyway not wasting any more time arguing nonsense with a biased rev player,ur arguing with a long time thief player who left thief for rev cuz it's better in all ways except getting to decap and disengagement lmao it's taken a role from thief in conquest and sure is better than thief in wvw as far as being effective in zergs etc.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I've played yrs of s/d what are u on about? U have survivability by s2 away and engage other than that u have no more survivability than any thief build,sure may be an improvement on survivability but still is garbage as is sword damage compared to what other classes are hitting.u have an unblockable sure but over all dps of s/d is low and any burst with it are far lower than other classes burst that have far more innate sustain. Why are u so fixated on s/d? Theres more to a class than one build.atleast in a proper balanced game there should be which seems to not be what u believe.anyway not wasting any more time arguing nonsense with a biased rev player,ur arguing with a long time thief player who left thief for rev cuz it's better in all ways except getting to decap and disengagement lmao it's taken a role from thief in conquest and sure is better than thief in wvw as far as being effective in zergs etc.

You see , that why i love Thief players .You are telling me not fixate on S/D , and theres more to a class than one build , and you complain for Rev as a WHOLE , lamping Core and Renegate in the mix ....You are doing curcular conervation too :)

I am simply telling you , why should not create a Specialization that behaves like a Thief and can Kite EVEN MORE , so he can have less survibility (the opposite of Necros) ?What is wrong with that ?

Rev is Mix of Warrior + Thief , so an ranged/slippery elite specialization is plausible , rather that a Buffer that have been in the 2 previous expanions

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:all I hear is qq this qq that. steal range nerf 100% correlates with lack of damage and sustain. please go back to school. more then half of the thieves that use steal to engage instead of rupting a heal die to whatever bad build im playing. oh no I cant tele through terrain as much anymore, something anet said they were going to do something about like 2 years ago. oh no theyre finally doing something about it!

People who don't play thief calling justified complains as
"qq"
is exactly why we got where we are.Two people who know something about thief told you that using Steal to engage was primary most effective gameplay for d/p and you just go on babbling the same
"oh I don't play thief but people using the only relevant burst combo to do burst combo are bad"
and then proceed to describe an S/D thief Steal-gameplay even further prooving your complete lack of knowledge and experience with Thief, so tell me, how do you even dare to keep babbling your nonse around here when you are clearly lost?

Welcome to thief threads lol non thief players posting about how thief players are just a bunch of bad players,always statingbthey know other magical thief players that say the class is strong lmao. It's like they think it will some how result in thief being kept as a decap bot so they wont need to worry about thieves standing a chance against their prefered class in a fight,as if arena net needs help with that lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

People who don't play thief calling justified complains as
"qq"
is exactly why we got where we are.Two people who know something about thief told you that using Steal to engage was primary most effective gameplay for d/p and you just go on babbling the same
"oh I don't play thief but people using the only relevant burst combo to do burst combo are bad"
and then proceed to describe an S/D thief Steal-gameplay even further prooving your complete lack of knowledge and experience with Thief, so tell me, how do you even dare to keep babbling your nonse around here when you are clearly lost?

Welcome to thief threads lol non thief players posting about how thief players are just a bunch of bad players,always statingbthey know other magical thief players that say the class is strong lmao. It's like they think it will some how result in thief being kept as a decap bot so they wont need to worry about thieves standing a chance against their prefered class in a fight,as if arena net needs help with that lol

You ar the one to speak ?That dont allow other elite specializations ton have an elusive ranged spec too ?

I used to main [insert profession name]. Now it's not even worth playing anymore. Made a test build with 80k HP and 3k toughness and died in 1 auto from [insert profession you complain about]. Wow GG [insert dev name, or even all of them, just to be sure].Not gonna proof anything, you just have to take my word for it.Can I have my thumps up now? Thanks!

Archived