Some Classes Outshine Others in WvW

reddie.5861

@Ragnarox.9601 said:firebrand is not that good, scourge and spellbreakers ruin wvw for solo /group content.

LOL, Guardian has been broken OP since day 1 for large scale, you have 9 classes in the game, yet if you take a squad of 50 then most commanders basically want 40% of those to be guard (or now firebrand), and these days even by the laughable standards of WvW "balance" we have hit a new low in that you only need two other classes Scourge and a handful of spellbreakers.

Just one of the reasons the game mode is a joke, played primarily by PvE players who basically don't give a toss about meaningful / good PvP gameplay (and that includes most wvw guilds who are too delusional to realise what they are).

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:Condi is so powerful in WvW because it doenst require 3 stats to get the most out of it like Power does. honestly expertise is generally useless in WvW since it wil be cleansed quickly. this makes DIres super strong when it shouldnt be.

This is another excellent point I forgot to make: Dire and Trailblazer are stupidly strong because you get insane damage and tank at the same time.

@Exciton.8942 said:Firebrand and scourge are just a bit overwhelmingly strong in WvW at the moment. You can get a very effective zerg with these 2 classes alone.

Expect to see them gradually toned down.

We're expecting Guardian support to be toned down (or other classes support to be toned up) since 2012... I kinda lost my faith ANet is ever going to do something about it.

@Przemyslaw.5891 said:

@Swamurabi.7890 said:The WvW skill balance team is outmanned against the overstacked sPvP and PvE teams.

Tired of being spawn camped they've just stopped playing.

Are you really believe that this team even exist?

I seriously doubt that anyone involved in GW2 skill balance plays WvW or listens to WvW concerns.

It seems like broken skills/traits in sPvP and PvE are hotfixed but broken skills in WvW, either singly or part of a large group, are ignored if there isn't a problem in sPvP or PvE.

I'm still waiting on a trait/skill/boon/condition optimization for WvW so that there's no lag.

@xDudisx.5914 said:For zergs yes, 4-5 classes are the best for blobing. For roaming and small scale almost any class has a solid fighting build. Some a little better than others, but no class is trash tier. Not ideal, but In the past it used to be worse.really?no offense but i stand no chance vs firebrand/scourge if they are condi specced on my thiefthe amount of condi they poop out and reuse it has is alot less then my cleanse has.

in the past if ur talking about pre hot.the "non accepted classes" would wreck any zerg class when they would be faced away from their blob.now it seems like every1 is being pulled together to have equal dmg out put but not equal deffence/condi cleanse.

imagine if thiefs had same condi cleanse as scourge and deffence/hp from guardian ull see a nightmare of evade thiefs hopping around hitting for 10k+ multiple people in blobs. sadly the above is possible but one mistake and ur bunny hopping staff dreams are dead.

gw2 since HoT for me has gotten worse and worse not saying that pre hot it was better class wise but after HoT every1 dmg out put went up to my feeling to make classes more equal. while leaving deffence as it was.

@reddie.5861 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:For zergs yes, 4-5 classes are the best for blobing. For roaming and small scale almost any class has a solid fighting build. Some a little better than others, but no class is trash tier. Not ideal, but In the past it used to be worse.really?no offense but i stand no chance vs firebrand/scourge if they are condi specced on my thiefthe amount of condi they poop out and reuse it has is alot less then my cleanse has.

in the past if ur talking about pre hot.the "non accepted classes" would wreck any zerg class when they would be faced away from their blob.now it seems like every1 is being pulled together to have equal dmg out put but not equal deffence/condi cleanse.

imagine if thiefs had same condi cleanse as scourge and deffence/hp from guardian ull see a nightmare of evade thiefs hopping around hitting for 10k+ multiple people in blobs. sadly the above is possible but one mistake and ur bunny hopping staff dreams are dead.

gw2 since HoT for me has gotten worse and worse not saying that pre hot it was better class wise but after HoT every1 dmg out put went up to my feeling to make classes more equal. while leaving deffence as it was.

I am still on a smaller server so roam quite a bit. I rarely see Firebrands roving so will not speak to them but scourge is relatively easy to deal with. They have poor mobility and you can take them down from range. If they get into melee range they can be a pain. Without the second health bar they go down faster than the old Reapers.

@reddie.5861 said:

Pretty much. Thief got rekt this expansion... I mean, you basically got the option of turning into a even shittier version of a rifle warrior

@Prysin.8542 said:

@reddie.5861 said:

Pretty much. Thief got rekt this expansion... I mean, you basically got the option of turning into a even shittier version of a rifle warrior

Rifle , P/P and p/d all work fine against scourge as does SB with a bit of work. Most of their bad stuff is <600. They have a few things that can get over that range dependent on weapon and you just avoid that. If on rifle you are all but guaranteed max malice as they will take a while to get to you. If on P/d you use their stolen skills mixed with stealth and range against them.

Daredevil specs in d/p should use bound with a spike. This is harder so your timing as to be down pat as the window between that AOE stuff is limited.

For fighting scourge i find stealth>dodge. While AOE can hit you in stealth if you traited SE you are removing conditions while stealthed and they still need a target for many of thier abilities other then that AOE. If you are dodging they still know where you are and where you will be. If on thief SE>EA or shadowstep as far as a cleanse goes even as PR can be. Scourge can apply plenty of cover conditions meaning EA dodges will rarely get at the damaging ones. The virtue of SE and PR is they only get damaging conditions.

Archived