Gw2 tsunami??

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Palador.2170 said:I would like to remind everyone that when Orr rose from the ocean it created wide-spread destruction, including the flooding of old Lion's Arch.

That should give us a rough idea of what kind of destruction, and at what range, this event should have caused.

Except Orr is an entire continent, where as Dragonfall is three (small?) islands and a mountain ridge. If the impact occurred close to land I could imagine a local tsunami, but nothing even close the raising of Orr.

If (should say when actually) the west slope of La Palma in the Canaries, one part of one island, slides into the Atlantic, just slides, not even a fall from great height, scientists estimate 50 meter tall waves hitting the west coast of Africa and 10 meter waves hitting the eastern seaboard of the US and Canada.

Compare to that the impact of Dragonfall must be bigger. There should some effect of tsunami somewhere. Also the distance from orr to lion arch is quite big. I think there are maps which Re of shorter distance near Dragonfall.

@Oogo.4083 said:

@Palador.2170 said:I would like to remind everyone that when Orr rose from the ocean it created wide-spread destruction, including the flooding of old Lion's Arch.

That should give us a rough idea of what kind of destruction, and at what range, this event should have caused.

Except Orr is an entire continent, where as Dragonfall is three (small?) islands and a mountain ridge. If the impact occurred close to land I could imagine a local tsunami, but nothing even close the raising of Orr.

If (should say when actually) the west slope of La Palma in the Canaries, one part of one island, slides into the Atlantic, just slides, not even a fall from great height, scientists estimate 50 meter tall waves hitting the west coast of Africa and 10 meter waves hitting the eastern seaboard of the US and Canada.

Compare to that the impact of Dragonfall must be bigger. There should some effect of tsunami somewhere. Also the distance from orr to lion arch is quite big. I think there are maps which Re of shorter distance near Dragonfall.

The wave heights I listed were on the low end of the estimates. The upper end suggests 100m waves hitting Africa and 50m hitting the US.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The map isn't in the Mists??? :o That I cannot believe, even when a look on the world map suggests so, since it is Grenth's Underworld, Balthazar's Burning Forest, and Melandru's Realm. Plus our character confirms more than once that we have to kill Kralk in the Mists. How are the realms of the Gods supposed to exist on Tyria??

Oh my, it was a language barrier thing. I misheard an important line during the dialogue (English is not my native language, obviously). In the very first mission, the NPCs do explain that, if Kralkatorrik dies in the Mists, it would mean more imbalance to Tyria, hence he must be "flushed from the Mists", so that his magic does not get lost there. D'uh!

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

P.S. I was also certain that, when they tried to open a portal to Tyria during "Dragonflight" they had failed (due to the map's contents), and was utterly confused as to why they would attempt that in the first place since he's a danger to Tyria (lol), and how the Pact's choppers etc made it into the Mists (thought it must have happened off-screen, but wondered about the details not being mentioned). :s

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I think Kralkatorrik has landed on Bubbles' tail and next season the DSD will be very angry.

And sore.

@Oogo.4083 said:

@Oogo.4083 said:In real life say if a meteor fell from space in an ocean it will create tsunami left right and center right??? Or since we are in world with talking bear and rats physics works differently in gw2??

A large enough mass falling into the sea would act as you describe. Im not sure that physics has much to do with a bear or rat being able to speak.

Physics of giant chunk of rock falling from mist and thus creating a tsunami not animals talking.Consider what we've seen in Jahai Bluffs. When the locations pulled from the mists appear, they do not "fall" from above. They simply
replace
parts of Tyria. So, in this case, there was no impact. There was no huge landmass falling. There was simply a fraction of a second, and then in the place where ocean was before, suddenly was an island consisting of several merged exotic realms.

So, no Tsunami whatsoever. At least in Tyria (there might have been some flooding in the places in the Mists where the water that got displaced appeared, though).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Oogo.4083 said:In real life say if a meteor fell from space in an ocean it will create tsunami left right and center right??? Or since we are in world with talking bear and rats physics works differently in gw2??

A large enough mass falling into the sea would act as you describe. Im not sure that physics has much to do with a bear or rat being able to speak.

Physics of giant chunk of rock falling from mist and thus creating a tsunami not animals talking.Consider what we've seen in Jahai Bluffs. When the locations pulled from the mists appear, they do not "fall" from above. They simply
replace
parts of Tyria. So, in this case, there was no impact. There was no huge landmass falling. There was simply a fraction of a second, and then in the place where ocean was before, suddenly was an island consisting of several merged exotic realms.

So, no Tsunami whatsoever. At least in Tyria (there might have been some flooding in the places in the Mists where the water that got displaced appeared, though).

In the cinematic it's clearly shown that Kralk and chunks of the god's realms are falling. There's nothing to suggest that these islands were placed there. In fact, it's the opposite: They fell.

All the pieces we see falling are much smaller than Kralk. The Island wasn't created from them. Rather obviously, i'd say - neither the plants, nor the creatures we meet there would survive such a fall. The island doesn't look like it has fallen from the sky. It looks the same as areas in Jahai - as if it was ripped from another reality and placed there directly.

As for the pieces we did see falling, while not exactly small, they're falling relatively slowly. They'd generate an impact (assuming they didn't crumble before hitting the water), but not to the degree a meteor would.

Think about it as similar to a plane crashing in the middle of Atlantic - there's an impact, but not to a degree anyone on land would notice.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

replace

If what you said is true then there should still be a tsunami of a sort because if you put a rock in bucket of water the water level in the bucket rises.where did the water that was there before the island appeared go??? So there should be effect. Also name of the map is dragonFALL not Dragonappeared.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:All the pieces we see falling are much smaller than Kralk. The Island wasn't created from them. Rather obviously, i'd say - neither the plants, nor the creatures we meet there would survive such a fall. The island doesn't look like it has fallen from the sky. It looks the same as areas in Jahai - as if it was ripped from another reality and placed there directly.

As for the pieces we did see falling, while not exactly small, they're falling relatively slowly. They'd generate an impact (assuming they didn't crumble before hitting the water), but not to the degree a meteor would.

Think about it as similar to a plane crashing in the middle of Atlantic - there's an impact, but not to a degree anyone on land would notice.

All the animals and being on the map are magical being, i don't think they die or anything. Shadow mobs. Animal of melandru and underworld all magical i don't think they hurt same way people in tyria.. i guess they do not have anything called "Fall Damage"..ofcourse this is totally my assumption.

@Drecien.4508 said:Maybe with the tsunami we get more underwater content !!!!

I hope the impact may have forced some nearby underwater largos city or tengu island destroyed and may be they the next villain in season 5 who want revenge for destroying their homeland... until in future expansion they become playable race. Like charr from gw1... it would be cool. I am personally tired of dragon. I think we need scarlet briar type villain...