A Small Achievement for a Hammer Rev Underwater [vid]

Justine.6351

Rangers don't lose fights under water. #doctoredvideo #releasethepirhanas

Does make you wonder what an underwater only week might look like, considering what skills don't work and how ground targeting abilities aren't.

EDIT: and Focused Siphoning + Trident 2 (in Shiro) FTW.

EDIT x2: I also don't know how you survive roaming in full zerk/scholar. When I'm out doing my dailies and such in my zerg build, I get rekt more often than not.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Rangers don't lose fights under water. #doctoredvideo #releasethepirhanas

Does make you wonder what an underwater only week might look like, considering what skills don't work and how ground targeting abilities aren't.

EDIT: and Focused Siphoning + Trident 2 (in Shiro) FTW.

EDIT x2: I also don't know how you survive roaming in full zerk/scholar. When I'm out doing my dailies and such in my zerg build, I get rekt more often than not.

Rofl yeah rangers self rezing with dead pets is not an issue for power revs. IO + Trident and spear is insane. I cannot believe Trident hasn't been nerfed but nobody cares I guess. This druid didn't even try the pet rez before ragequiting. Think he knew it was already over.

Oh I die too. Play offensively through your evades. Let them see you are a hammer Rev early so they go ham. They are expecting a bear bow at that point and often leave themselves wide open for revs hard hitting damage. I build for the kill, not to survive. I often come out on top because they die first. Been roaming since 2012 so I have some experience in reading the person on the other side of the monitor.

thief and rev are the strongest underwater specs in wvw, so i'm not sure what this thread is about

the only good thing about ranger, is when they are downed. since the pet is like 10 guys pressing 4 that can't be cc'd as they instantly press f again lolif you are downed you allready lost, no?

you kill the ranger pet, ranger swaps pet, you kill the secon dpet and there are 2 possible outcomes

1) if ranger is a soulbeast, he has to de-merge, and re-merge gimping his dps2) if ranger is no soulbeast he has nothing to rez himif you die to a ranger underwater, 1v1 as rev or thief you deserve it.

what is fun tho, from ranger point of view is playing full glass, hide in the water at bay and kill people waiting at the gate with rams. you can down a full party just with buffing up and using feeding frenzy (harpoon 5)

unblockable, sic'em all the habba jabba i managed to do 112k damage with 1 skill, to 5 people in total. talk about good dps

@"melandru.3876" said:thief and rev are the strongest underwater specs in wvw, so i'm not sure what this thread is about

the only good thing about ranger, is when they are downed. since the pet is like 10 guys pressing 4 that can't be cc'd as they instantly press f again lolif you are downed you allready lost, no?

you kill the ranger pet, ranger swaps pet, you kill the secon dpet and there are 2 possible outcomes

1) if ranger is a soulbeast, he has to de-merge, and re-merge gimping his dps2) if ranger is no soulbeast he has nothing to rez himif you die to a ranger underwater, 1v1 as rev or thief you deserve it.

what is fun tho, from ranger point of view is playing full glass, hide in the water at bay and kill people waiting at the gate with rams. you can down a full party just with buffing up and using feeding frenzy (harpoon 5)

unblockable, sic'em all the habba jabba i managed to do 112k damage with 1 skill, to 5 people in total. talk about good dps

Fastcar is known for being "unkillable". While he isn't unkillable, how he plays makes it a hard kill to secure. If he had even just berserker underwater weapons he would have killed me probably through his sustain vs mine.

And yes ranger has a good underwater kit. Most classes do, just so many can't be bothered to learn them.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"melandru.3876" said:thief and rev are the strongest underwater specs in wvw, so i'm not sure what this thread is about

Fastcar is known for being "unkillable". While he isn't unkillable, how he plays makes it a hard kill to secure. If he had even just berserker underwater weapons he would have killed me probably through his sustain vs mine.

And yes ranger has a good underwater kit. Most classes do, just so many can't be bothered to learn them.

he isn't a bunker either, you managed to hit him for 14.6k with trident 5 (while he had protection up)

try that on an actual bunker, you'd be happy with half

@melandru.3876 said:

@melandru.3876 said:thief and rev are the strongest underwater specs in wvw, so i'm not sure what this thread is about

he isn't a bunker either, you managed to hit him for 14.6k with trident 5 (while he had protection up)

Fastcar not a bunker? Rofl...

Not sure I channeled Trident 5 for 14k as I get a lot of popup numbers over lapping as you can see I have io activated.But even if I did,The fact that 14k only removed 50% of his hp says a lot...Trident 5 is ridiculous for damage. Dodge it or die, which he didn't dodge it and didn't die.

@Justine.6351 said:

@melandru.3876 said:thief and rev are the strongest underwater specs in wvw, so i'm not sure what this thread is about

Not sure I channeled Trident 5 for 14k as I get a lot of popup numbers over lapping as you can see I have io activated.But even if I did,The fact that 14k only removed 50% of his hp says a lot...Trident 5 is ridiculous for damage. Dodge it or die, which he didn't dodge it and didn't die.

i think we both watched a different video at +- 1min 40 he goes from 87% health to 16% health

i don't think i've made my point clear. a bunker does not equal having high vitalityit is clear that this particular druid that i have never heard off, has very low toughness. nor is it experienced underwater

shark + jelly?? no ranger ever uses jelly

the fact that you can score such high numbers, on a spec with protection up says alot about the spec.

@melandru.3876 said:

i think we both watched a different video at +- 1min 40 he goes from 87% health to 16% health

i don't think i've made my point clear. a bunker does not equal having high vitalityit is clear that this particular druid that i have never heard off, has very low toughness. nor is it experienced underwater

shark + jelly?? no ranger ever uses jelly

the fact that you can score such high numbers, on a spec with protection up says alot about the spec.

rewatched the original vid he went from 74% to 12% with trident 5 AND impossible odds and stacking up vulnerability. 62% Health lost.

Look at the skill fact numbers for trident 5. Its ridiculous.If you have a bunker druid and wanna test some numbers ingame that would be cool. Testing stuff is always good so we have a future reference to go by.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Torrential_Mistshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impossible_Oddshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Focused_Siphoning

And red jelly is actually decent for the immobilization and blind/smoke field.