What is the point in the Skyscale?

@Dalec.9853 said:I have been using it, and the griffon used right is much much faster, and the springer is faster for jumping. So it's just VM farming and Vision then?

Edit: I do like how it looks, though, which is why it is disappointing to use

I just hope Anet won’t force content where we need to use it mandatory in 1st place...

@Menadena.7482 said:

I never could figure that one out as a reason to get it. If you are already aggroed there is nothing you can do, including hopping on a mount. If you are not aggroed you have plenty of options: wvw, pvp, go to some safe space, waypoint, whatever.Oh, it's definitely not a reason to get it as there's other options like you say. It's more that I have it already and needed to find a reason to use it and this is the only use I've found I have for it. So, if I'm out in a map doing something and need to AFK, I can just hover up and I know I'll still be alive when I come back (without having to waypoint or look for a safe place).Sad, really, that I have to find something to justify even having this otherwise useless, but cool looking mount.

The skysscale is far from useless as already said. You just havent given it enough time to see what it can do. You are just giving up too fast if you dont see it. It is a great mount for precise movement and ascending in more complicated places than the springer can handle.

@Tails.9372 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The skysscale is far from useless as already said.

It's not useless but it's too situational to be useful ~99% of the time.

@LucianDK.8615 said:You just havent given it enough time to see what it can do.

People know exactly what it can do, these things are just not as useful.

Considering there are numerous people telling you the contrary from their own experiences, that's an entirely subjective statement.

Archived