Add rose quartz to the Istan reward track

Gamander.7269

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kovu.7560" said:I was referring to your "WvW-focused players as [not] being worse off than others" statement. That's untrue with regards to both the (powdered) rose quartzes and with general income.The topic isn't "general income". And no, WvW-focused players are not worse off
with regards to this material
... unless you compare to those PvErs who do the meteor events, which many do not. Rose quartz only drops from Brandstone Chunks and the home instance node. The B-chunks only appear at the falling meteor site, for short periods of time, only after being revealed by the Brandstone Multitool

If the OP's suggestion were implemented, WvW players would have, by far, the easiest source of Rose Quartz.

And even if that wasn't true, Rose Quartz is plentiful on the TP. The only time it has been expensive in bulk is during brief periods after new achievements, i.e. hardly ever.

My point remains: the OP's suggestion is based on temporary price increases, misleading information about the sources of the material, and ends up being overly-specific.

You can keep saying this topic isn't about general income, but when the item in question is something you can pick up on the trading post, adding (or not adding) it to a reward track would affect general income. Because rose quartzes are something you can pick up on the trading post on the cheap I'm not too bothered about it not being accessible through a reward track.

That said, wvw players not being worse off with regards to a particular material than PvEers who do not do the event with that material is shotty excuse not to have it accessible through a reward track because the same could be said of pretty much any material associated with a specific event or map. The whole point of map-based reward tracks in wvw (and pvp) should be to allow wvw players to eventually access to equipment and treasure associated with the pve content without having to grind the pve content for days on end in a game mode they prefer not to spend as much time in -- and they still have to do at least some of the content to unlock the track.

~ Kovu

edit- To clarify, I'm not stating that its Anet's philosophy/goal to have reward tracks mitigate the grind for wvw'ers in pve, I just wish that were the case. Clearly its not.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kovu.7560 said:That said, wvw players not being worse off with regards to a particular material than PvEers who do not do the event with that material is shotty excuse not to have it accessible through a reward track because the same could be said of pretty much any material associated with a specific event or map. The whole point of map-based reward tracks in wvw (and pvp) should be to allow wvw players to eventually access to equipment and treasure associated with the pve content without having to grind the pve content for days on end in a game mode they prefer not to spend as much time in -- and they still have to do at least some of the content to unlock the track.

~ Kovu

I’m late to the discussion, and am probably missing someone’s point here, but doesn’t having access to a PvE material via the TP, and in this case one that usually is very inexpensive, constitute allowing “WvW players to eventually access equipment and treasure associated with the pve content without having to grind the pve content for days on end“? For that matter, home instances can be farmed in a matter of minutes and provide a guaranteed source of this material for no more effort than farming the resource nodes in towers and camps. A dedicated WvW player can harvest quick while in queue to enter the mists or after leaving for the night before logging off. That leaves the same hypothetical WvW player all the time they want (less 3 minutes for home instance) to dedicate to acquiring gold in their preferred game mode.

Personally I suspect many and perhaps most in GW2 don’t fully appreciate the power of equipping and farming a home instance consistently, but I have no numbers to back that up and it may be all in my head from anecdotal interactions.

Home instance nodes are expensive to build up and the living story nodes require a lot of initial farming of materials you won't find much of in wvw. But the yields of those nodes are less of an issue because those materials can be obtained via reward tracks while...

The majority of the currencies found under the 'map currencies' tab are not obtainable via wvw reward tracks at all and are a hard requirement for pretty much anything with purple text.

@Kovu.7560 said:

• Home instance nodes are expensive to build up and the living story nodes require a lot of initial farming of materials you won't find much of in wvw. But the yields of those nodes are less of an issue because those materials can be obtained via reward tracks while...
  • The majority of the currencies found under the 'map currencies' tab are not obtainable via wvw reward tracks at all and are a hard requirement for pretty much anything with purple text.

So, I want to be clear here, the OP’s topic was regarding rose quartz, an item which is NOT found under map currency. So you are moving away from this specific item to discuss the availability of map currency in general to WvW?

I have been commenting on rose quartz and it’s accessibility to WvW players and recommending either TP, home instance or both. The home instance nodes cost 50g & 10k either volatile magic or unbound magic, both of which are available to WvW players via reward tracks. Simply consume the appropriate material. Gold can be earned through WvW to purchase the nodes. Once one node is purchased it’s output can be leveraged toward speeding up the purchase of a second and so on and so forth until the home instance is fully stocked. Yes it it expensive, but no more so for a WvW player than a PvE player. If one invests earlier rather than later, the return on investment is higher.

But to return back to the topic at hand of rose quartz, and only with regards to rose quartz, the availability of this material already meets the standard you applied earlier that I quoted above. It is available eventually through playing WvW by way of earning cash and buying off the TP, or using the reward track to acquire the VM necessary to purchase the home instance node, all of which can be done with only very minimal time outside WvW.

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

• Home instance nodes are expensive to build up and the living story nodes require a lot of initial farming of materials you won't find much of in wvw. But the yields of those nodes are less of an issue because those materials can be obtained via reward tracks while...
  • The majority of the currencies found under the 'map currencies' tab are not obtainable via wvw reward tracks at all and are a hard requirement for pretty much anything with purple text.

So, I want to be clear here, the OP’s topic was regarding rose quartz, an item which is NOT found under map currency. So you are moving away from this specific item to discuss the availability of map currency in general to WvW?

I have been commenting on rose quartz and it’s accessibility to WvW players and recommending either TP, home instance or both. The home instance nodes cost 50g & 10k either volatile magic or unbound magic, both of which are available to WvW players via reward tracks. Simply consume the appropriate material. Gold can be earned through WvW to purchase the nodes. Once one node is purchased it’s output can be leveraged toward speeding up the purchase of a second and so on and so forth until the home instance is fully stocked. Yes it it expensive, but no more so for a WvW player than a PvE player. If one invests earlier rather than later, the return on investment is higher.

But to return back to the topic at hand of rose quartz, and only with regards to rose quartz, the availability of this material already meets the standard you applied earlier that I quoted above. It is available eventually through playing WvW by way of earning cash and buying off the TP, or using the reward track to acquire the VM necessary to purchase the home instance node, all of which can be done with only very minimal time outside WvW.

I agree.I apologize if I was unclear. The concerns I have with regards to currencies unavailable to wvw'ers by any means has neither anything to do with the items harvested in the home instance nor the rose quartz in specific. Forgive me for seemingly derailing the thread by speaking about wvw reward availability on a broader scale. Perhaps I'll start a thread addressing things like Ley Line Crystals and Elegy Mosaics at some point.

~ Kovu

• 2 months later...

@Kovu.7560 said:

And even if that wasn't true, Rose Quartz is plentiful on the TP. The only time it has been expensive in bulk is during brief periods after new achievements, i.e. hardly ever.

I dunno - atm you can put in a buy order for 2,32 silver - which times 3000 equals 69 gold. You may want to call that cheap, I'm not inclined to do so.

@HtFde.3856 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Powdered rose quartz can be bought on the TP so WvW players don’t have to play PvE specifically to obtain them.

WvW is known for its high gold reward ... and 17 gold/weapon are thus easily made ... not

An account can make roughly 60G a month on just daily login rewards. Add in another 84G 56G for doing dailies during that same timeframe. You then have all of the reward track, skirmish track, and drops that can be sold. It may not be as lucrative as PvE but WvW players can still purchase rose quartz from the TP.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Powdered rose quartz can be bought on the TP so WvW players don’t have to play PvE specifically to obtain them.

WvW is known for its high gold reward ... and 17 gold/weapon are thus easily made ... not

An account can make roughly 60G a month on just daily login rewards. Add in another 84G for doing dailies during that same timeframe. You then have all of the reward track, skirmish track, and drops that can be sold. It may not be as lucrative as PvE but WvW players can still purchase rose quartz from the TP.

Don't you feel it somewhat strange that for a pre-pre-cursor part achievement you'd have to add in so much money or time? And that's not even counting the ridiculous amount of ectoplasm you need as well. For what? 6 exotic weapons you're going to recycle anyway. But I think my math must be wrong anyway because 31 days times 2 gold/day equals in my reality 62 gold, not 84 as you say. So my math must be way off ...

@HtFde.3856 said:

An account can make roughly 60G a month on just daily login rewards. Add in another 84G for doing dailies during that same timeframe. You then have all of the reward track, skirmish track, and drops that can be sold. It may not be as lucrative as PvE but WvW players can still purchase rose quartz from the TP.

Don't you feel it somewhat strange that for a pre-pre-cursor part achievement you'd have to add in so much money or time? And that's not even counting the ridiculous amount of ectoplasm you need as well. For what? 6 exotic weapons you're going to recycle anyway. But I think my math must be wrong anyway because 31 days times 2 gold/day equals in my reality 62 gold, not 84 as you say. So my math must be way off ...

Sooooo... Lemme get this straight:You want a luxury mount, which needs heavy grinding time wise, and the 69g is the problem? Do meteors of that is too expensive for you. Suddenly, doing pve for a pve mount is... Unfair?

@HtFde.3856 said:

It for a legendary. Doing that collection has no other purpose.

As far as daily gold, I think I used 3 instead of 2. It’d be 56G then during that period.

That’s still more than enough for a WvW player to purchase what they need off the TP.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sooooo... Lemme get this straight:You want a luxury mount, which needs heavy grinding time wise, and the 69g is the problem? Do meteors of that is too expensive for you. Suddenly, doing pve for a pve mount is... Unfair?

Since when is Vision a mount?

@HtFde.3856 said:

Apologies, meant a legendary. Like the mount which is needed. A legendary which costs an absurd amount of gold.

@HtFde.3856 said:

They’re saying that you appear to have no issue with the PvE grind that the skyscale has but are taking issue with the much smaller grind to get the rose quartz for the legendary trinket.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

As far as daily gold, I think I used 3 instead of 2. It’d be 56G then during that period.

That’s still more than enough for a WvW player to purchase what they need off the TP.

Well, yes, you could squeeze in Tequatl end phase with a bit of practise and get 3/day more or less easily. Still - the REAL cost comes after the pre-cursor. I can't recall anything useless costing the same when I did Aurora. 55 ectoplasm AND 500 Kralk AND 500 Rose Quartz for ONE weapon of which you need 6 - absolutely ridiculous.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

They’re saying that you appear to have no issue with the PvE grind that the skyscale has but are taking issue with the much smaller grind to get the rose quartz for the legendary trinket.

Dont worry, people will find all sorts of reasons to complain, no matter how exaggerated

@HtFde.3856 said:

Well, yes, you could squeeze in Tequatl end phase with a bit of practise and get 3/day more or less easily. Still - the REAL cost comes after the pre-cursor. I can't recall anything useless costing the same when I did Aurora. 55 ectoplasm AND 500 Kralk AND 500 Rose Quartz for ONE weapon of which you need 6 - absolutely ridiculous.

Kralk ore is very easy to get on that map from the hearts. That’s 375 per day if you have never bought any character expansion slots. Since you mentioned going for Aurora, you likely have at least six so that brings it to 450 per day. There’s also many other options recently that Anet has provided to obtain LS4 currencies.

The wiki is showing Vision as having a cost of 1450G. I don’t see how 69G is the real cost of the legendary when it’s barely 5% of the cost.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Kralk ore is very easy to get on that map from the hearts. That’s 375 per day if you have never bought any character expansion slots. Since you mentioned going for Aurora, you likely have at least six so that brings it to 450 per day. There’s also many other options recently that Anet has provided to obtain LS4 currencies.

The wiki is showing Vision as having a cost of 1450G. I don’t see how 69G is the real cost of the legendary when it’s barely 5% of the cost.

Kralk isn't the issue, the Quartz is.

I think you mistake cost and cost. If you play the game, you'll get T6 mats, you'll get your mystic clovers via reward tracks and the 28 day reward chest from daily login. All the while playing the game the way you want to. You can get the Kralk by choosing the reward track and do PvP or do WvW. In the end there are only two things you usually have to buy for a legendary (I have Aurora, 2 sets of WvW armor, Kudzu, the Bifrost, Frostfang and Rodgort, so I speak from some experience ...): Those 100 Icy Runestones and whatever is needed for the legendary specific gift. The rest accumulates naturally while playing the way you like to play. So what you actually PAY in terms of gold (not material value) is between 100 and 400 gold (The Bifrost usually only costs the Icy Runestones as you'll be swimming in unidentified colours from all the reward chests and dust is also accumulating nicely). So 69+ gold for just buying the Quartz is a lot and easily almost 50% of the cost that you have to pay for and cannot collect otherwise with enough patience. The alternative is to stop playing the game the way you want to and do silly meteor farms instead - which is what I am doing now. And since the main hype is past us, you don't find multimap farming groups anymore in Istan - you're on your own and down to 3 meteors/hour and if you're completely out of luck not even with 5 ticks from marking the meteor because not enough players on the map. So while I am swimming in Kralk, it takes me a whole day of meteor farming to get the quartz. Yay! Well, 3 more days and I'm past that and good riddance to Istan.

@HtFde.3856 said:

I think you mistake cost and cost. If you play the game, you'll get T6 mats, you'll get your mystic clovers via reward tracks and the 28 day reward chest from daily login. All the while playing the game the way you want to. You can get the Kralk by choosing the reward track and do PvP or do WvW. In the end there are only two things you usually
have
to buy for a legendary (I have Aurora, 2 sets of WvW armor, Kudzu, the Bifrost, Frostfang and Rodgort, so I speak from some experience ...): Those 100 Icy Runestones and whatever is needed for the legendary specific gift. The rest accumulates naturally while playing the way you like to play. So what you actually PAY in terms of gold (not material value) is between 100 and 400 gold (The Bifrost usually only costs the Icy Runestones as you'll be swimming in unidentified colours from all the reward chests and dust is also accumulating nicely). So 69+ gold for just buying the Quartz is a lot and easily almost 50% of the cost that you have to pay for and cannot collect otherwise with enough patience. The alternative is to stop playing the game the way you want to and do silly meteor farms instead - which is what I am doing now. And since the main hype is past us, you don't find multimap farming groups anymore in Istan - you're on your own and down to 3 meteors/hour and if you're completely out of luck not even with 5 ticks from marking the meteor because not enough players on the map. So while I am swimming in Kralk, it takes me a whole day of meteor farming to get the quartz. Yay! Well, 3 more days and I'm past that and good riddance to Istan.

And you can farm the home instance node. All while playing the game. You can farm gold, all while playing the game. If you’re willing enough to farm all of the materials so that the 69G is more than 50% of the remaining cost, surely you can farm the rose quartz.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I think you mistake cost and cost. If you play the game, you'll get T6 mats, you'll get your mystic clovers via reward tracks and the 28 day reward chest from daily login. All the while playing the game the way you want to. You can get the Kralk by choosing the reward track and do PvP or do WvW. In the end there are only two things you usually
have
to buy for a legendary (I have Aurora, 2 sets of WvW armor, Kudzu, the Bifrost, Frostfang and Rodgort, so I speak from some experience ...): Those 100 Icy Runestones and whatever is needed for the legendary specific gift. The rest accumulates naturally while playing the way you like to play. So what you actually PAY in terms of gold (not material value) is between 100 and 400 gold (The Bifrost usually only costs the Icy Runestones as you'll be swimming in unidentified colours from all the reward chests and dust is also accumulating nicely). So 69+ gold for just buying the Quartz is a lot and easily almost 50% of the cost that you have to pay for and cannot collect otherwise with enough patience. The alternative is to stop playing the game the way you want to and do silly meteor farms instead - which is what I am doing now. And since the main hype is past us, you don't find multimap farming groups anymore in Istan - you're on your own and down to 3 meteors/hour and if you're completely out of luck not even with 5 ticks from marking the meteor because not enough players on the map. So while I am swimming in Kralk, it takes me a whole day of meteor farming to get the quartz. Yay! Well, 3 more days and I'm past that and good riddance to Istan.

And you can farm the home instance node. All while playing the game. You can farm gold, all while playing the game. If you’re willing enough to farm all of the materials so that the 69G is more than 50% of the remaining cost, surely you can farm the rose quartz.

Home-Instance nodes have never been economically viable. They're a luxury and convenience feature, nothing more. The Brandstone node yields 13 Powdered Rose Quartz max., including the salvage from Rose Quartz to the dust. That makes 230+ days to get the amount required for the 6 weapons. And once you have those, the material has no further value. If you invest the 50 gold into Powdered Rose Quartz instead and farm meteors for the rest, you'll get your 3000 units in a few days instead of waiting for almost a year for the material for a pre-pre-cursor. In the same amount of time I get the mystic coins AND the mystic clover for the legendary both of which are considered rare materials and considered hard to get.

See, I kinda like the Dargonblood weapons as it sets a timer on things. Unless you have WAY better drop luck than me from the chests, you know you're done in 6 days and you have invested a moderate amount of actual playtime for a set of useless, ugly exotic weapons. The costs are within the usual limit with 5 globs of Ecto and the usual T6 materials.

The Astral weapons, though, are equally ugly and useless - they too are locked behind a time gate because of the Brandstone Research achievement BUT in addition to all that they also require:55 globs of ecto per weapon, which is INSANE500 Kralkatite (easy to get)500 Powdered Rose Quartz <-- slow to get and adding further cost for the impatient

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Where do I say I have no issue with the mount? The only mount available for me in my preferred playstyle is Warclaw. And - even if that was the case - a mount you can fly for the rest of you playing GW2 compared to 6 exotic weapons you will recycle immediately after and will never use the skin?!

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Where do I say I have no issue with the mount? The only mount available for me in my preferred playstyle is Warclaw. And - even if that was the case - a mount you can fly for the rest of you playing GW2 compared to 6 exotic weapons you will recycle immediately after and will never use the skin?!

I don't want them in the reward track. They are worthless and only spiked for the trinket. You resurrected this thread over 60ish gold and yeah some might find that an issue but you then put you got like 18 legendary so yeah I stopped caring about your point then and you just keep going and going. Why would I want a 2s item in my reward track?

Im okay with IT replacing those coffee-coffers

But because that's because those coffers are rather annoying...and i Just delete m with 250 at a time

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

I don't want them in the reward track. They are worthless and only spiked for the trinket. You resurrected this thread over 60ish gold and yeah some might find that an issue but you then put you got like 18 legendary so yeah I stopped caring about your point then and you just keep going and going. Why would I want a 2s item in my reward track?

Compared to the glorious desert crafting material coffers? Where you can choose the coffee or the flax fibres (at least useful for Dolly bags for a scribe) or lentils or millstones? You could simply add Rose Quartz as a pickable option to those.