All ways to get exotic gear

I have an youtube channel and I'm gathering the information of all reliable ways to get exotic gear

Back in the day the most reliable ways to do it were dungeons, orr karma vendors and the 1 gold ish pieces with badges of honor in wvw.

You could also buy it on tp, but since this content is for new comers, they will most likely won't have like 30 gold to throw on a berserker set, and that's just the armor, with no runes and sigils and all the trinkets and backpack.

Which leads to the question, what's the easiest way to get the trinkets and backpack, still only tp?

The info I have so far is:

Armor: dgs, orr karma vendors and wvw badges, pvp reward tracks.

Runes and Sigils: TP only

Backpack and trinkets: TP, for the ascended ones, there is actually guild missions.

Devona's armor is a really nice sets that is fairly cheap and even comes with a Rune of Strenght per piece (which isn't a bad rune neither).

Of course, that was an exemple for the heavy category.

Search carefully on TP, you can be surprises by price/quality on things sometimes.

Also, dungeons are also a nice way to get some, if you have a team that is willing to farm the currency.

@Derdzvero.7051 said:

@phs.6089 said:Wow, you advise people to spend pvp shards of glory and wvw tickets on EXOTICS?What kind of person does that to new players?

What would you keep the WvW tickets for?

Ascended and the Legendary Armor/ backitem. It’s not worth wasting the resource on just Exotics (Especially since you can’t purchase a Triumphant Hero/Glorious armor/weapon piece in Exotic or Ascended variant from the Skirmish/PvP vendor without having obtained the Exotic Triumphant/Glorious equivalent from the reward tracks in the first place!)

@phs.6089 said:Wow, you advise people to spend pvp shards of glory and wvw tickets on EXOTICS?What kind of person does that to new players?

Badges of honour are used to buy exotic equipment, not skirmish tickets. Anyone who plays WvW at all will quickly find themselves with hundreds of badges, and people who never play it will still get them from achievement chests so it can be a cheap way to get exotics.

Of course it's a good idea for anyone to review all the options and decide which one is best for them, but a new player could easily have plenty of badges to spend and want to save other currencies which they find harder to get.

me? no.

When I say pvp reward tracks are actually the dungeon reward tracks which will give ppl dungeon marks and boxes of armor and weapons.

About wvw, I said badges of honor, not sure what's wvw current currency, I stopped playing it in 2013.By the times badges of honor were fairly easy to get, as I have 20k of them.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

What would you keep the WvW tickets for?

Ascended and the Legendary Armor/ backitem. It’s not worth wasting the resource on just Exotics (Especially since you can’t purchase a Triumphant Hero/Glorious armor/weapon piece in Exotic or Ascended variant from the Skirmish/PvP vendor without having obtained the Exotic Triumphant/Glorious equivalent from the reward tracks in the first place!)

You can get ascended Ardent PvP gear without unlocking exotics.But yes, what I meant is, if someone enjoys PvP/WvW better advise them to do the Glorious/Triumphant tracks and get exotics gear with selectable stats from final chests. 6 tracks isn't much when you play the game mode.

One think I would do is mention that karma gear from Orr is old setup, also not worth nowadays, when exotics are couple of gold maximum.

I just salvaged a bunch of Exotic Armor I had stashed in the bank because it was all worth less than 50 Silver. It can't cost that much to buy Exotic Gear. Plus, it drops not all that infrequently as loot.

Must new players have Berserker gear right away? I don't think any of my characters have all Berserker gear, after nearly 7 years. Lol.

Archived