Google Stadia

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Based on how poorly Destiny 2 performs on Stadia, this would not be at all what you hoped for.

Do you actually play destiny 2 on stadia? it's flawless for me.

I do. The load times are lower, but it also looks like I am playing it back on a PS3 instead of my 4 core custom PC.

It does not play nice if anyone else in the house is using the internet, even with my PC cabled in with Cat 5e.

If you live alone, your mileage may vary.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RehDemption.6394 said:

@"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:To my understanding, you still have to pay for a game at full price on top of the google subscription. So full price game + one year sub = the price of a mid-range GPU for upgrade. And unless one has exceptional internet, they wouldn't be able to outperform a mid range gaming rig with Stadia.

I'm not entirely sure about the cost benefit of this service for a PC player, but it's still a bit early for accurate comparisons. Google has released a graph about the connection requirements for best performance in various resolutions, but until I see the actual measurements when it's out, I err on the side of caution.

That said, if your PC is so old that it lacks upgrade paths and since you are already into cloud gaming, it's safe to assume Stadia will be better performance-wise than any service you are currently using. I haven't heard any news specific to GW2 but, as usual with new stuff, I would expect a snowball effect. If Stadia sticks, it's library will soon fill with titles, and GW2 will join the party .

Google Stadia will launch it's "base" subscription next year... It's completely free. Allows you to stream at 1080p at 60fps, which is far better than my PC can handle, and at a better price than upgrading.

Keep in mind, that is the stream quality, not necessarily the games quality.

If Anet where to ever port GW2, it would likely not be a locked 60 FPS. Certain things, like WvW, would still be low FPS.

Uh, what? Stadia is HORRIBLE and people are avoiding that thing like the plague. Double the Ping/Lag, Zero Ownership of your titles, especially once it shuts down, and breach of personal privacy for starters is just a shitshow waiting to happen with that platform.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Based on how poorly Destiny 2 performs on Stadia, this would not be at all what you hoped for.

Do you actually play destiny 2 on stadia? it's flawless for me.

I do. The load times are lower, but it also looks like I am playing it back on a PS3 instead of my 4 core custom PC.

It does not play nice if anyone else in the house is using the internet, even with my PC cabled in with Cat 5e.

If you live alone, your mileage may vary.

you do need to have good internet for Stadia to shine. I have a gigabit internet from verizon fios. Destiny 2 looks really good on my 4k TV and plays very well on it.