QoL suggestion - allow travelling to guild hall when defeated

Hello folks! I've been playing for pretty much four years now and I'm still struggling with the experience that you can't get into the guild hall when you're defeated.

In PvE this may not be a problem for most people, because you can simply select the guild hall wy point from the map.In PvP or WvW, this waymark is not available, so you can only access the Guild Hall through the window. This means that if you are defeated, you have to pass two loading screens before you can reach your destination, which is explicitly annoying for players with longer loading times.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that you remove the restriction that prevents you from traveling to the Guild Hall by Guild Window when defeated.This measure would require very little effort on the part of the developers but it could improve game experience a lot for some players by shortening the waiting times.

If you support this suggestion, I'd appreciate it if you'd upvote the post so it gets the attention it deserves. =)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:What would be the penalty, then, ever for being defeated? Certainly doesn't sound good for WvW, or probably for PvP (I don't play PvP, so not sure.)

Dont cost anything to waypoint in wvw and spvp would only be abused to get out of waypoint fees in open world pve to get back exactly were you died free of charge.Pro tip if your that tight arsed about waypoint fees in pve get scroll to portal to sandswept isles since there is npcs that run over and revive you =)

@Linken.6345 said:Dont cost anything to waypoint in wvw and spvp would only be abused to get out of waypoint fees in open world pve to get back exactly were you died free of charge.Pro tip if your that tight kitten about waypoint fees in pve get scroll to portal to sandswept isles since there is npcs that run over and revive you =)

You learn something new every day. Cannot believe this works, but it does! The portal-scrolls somehow work, even if you are defeated (= corpse). If you have a LS4 portal tome or the portal scroll for Sandswept Isles, you can port there with 1 loading screen only, even from WvW. The NPC at the spawnpoint even revives you. Thank you very much for this awesome hint.

Now about the fun part

The LS maps do not have anything of use, so spawning there when dead does not really make sense. Fortunately portal-scrolls exist for a couple of more locations, not just for LS maps. I was looking for one place in particular, Ebonhawke. The city of Ebonhawke in Fields of Ruin is a special place in GW2 as it grants access to permanently unlocked crafting stations, bank and TP. Although it is technically not a real city, because it is part of Fields of Ruin. There are similar places in Tyria, like Desider Atum in Metrica Province (or any other starter map). Another great advantage of Ebonhawke is, it is remote. There are only a few important things going on in Fields of Ruin, not very populated in general = nice loading times.

So I crafted the: Ebonhawke Portal Scroll

Then I ran a few tests and realized the scroll works exactly the same way as the LS portal scrolls:

• can be used when defeated
  • can be used in WvW

Crafting this thing costs ~ 120 gold at the moment. Affordable in my opinion. I always wanted a direct portal for Ebonhawke anyway, so it was not a loss at all.

Thanks again @Linken.6345 for the awesome hint.

Note: Ebonhawke has one tiny little down-side, there is no NPC around to resurrect your corpse. But as there are crafting stations & bank nearby, there is a good chance a random play will come to help you. If not, again Ebonhawke has really low loading times, so the waypoint will take not so long. And it is not an instance of course, so you have to teleport manually to your previous map. But that would happen with the guildhall and WvWvW anyway.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Note: Ebonhawke has one tiny little down-side, there is no NPC around to resurrect your corpse. But as there are crafting stations & bank nearby, there is a good chance a random play will come to help you. If not, again Ebonhawke has really low loading times, so the waypoint will take not so long. And it is not an instance of course, so you have to teleport manually to your previous map. But that would happen with the guildhall and WvWvW anyway.

If you're within a certain distance (5000 units I think) from the waypoint there's no loading screen.

I don't understand the benefits at all. Why would you want to travel to your guild hall? There are means to repair your armor in both WvW and PvP, no?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm sure I'd love to magically reappear in the same spot I was defeated in WvW. Or, for that matter, in PvE.

Ahhh, I see. Doesn't sound very logical for competitive game modes, though.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I don't understand the benefits at all. Why would you want to travel to your guild hall? There are means to repair your armor in both WvW and PvP, no?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm sure I'd love to magically reappear in the same spot I was defeated in WvW. Or, for that matter, in PvE.

Ahhh, I see. Doesn't sound very logical for competitive game modes, though.

My point, exactly.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I don't understand the benefits at all. Why would you want to travel to your guild hall? There are means to repair your armor in both WvW and PvP, no?

and respawning in the WvW spawn area will automatically repair so you don't even have to bother doing that

There is no armor damage in PvP. The only times you can be dead are against the practice NPCs, FFA area which has a WP right next to it so no loading screen and inside of a match which you shouldn't be leaving ...

The only thing the GH has to offer is the tavern buffs but if OP is only going there when then are dead then that seems like some very poor decision making