The Link server went from Medium to Very High

Ryudnard.2587

@Ryudnard.2587 said:The host server was medium-high. And now we have a linker server which is likely to be FULL quite soon.

I heard that ~300 germans trasnferred at once yesterday. And now we have like 60 queue's in every borderland. This is crazy. Wouldn't this kind of mass transfer totally trash the purpose of re-link? I think it makes sense to put some restriction in transferring for the first few weeks right after the re-link.

Did you realize now about a problem that been happening since first minute of re-link s***** system?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

So.... EU is finally seeing what has been happening on NA for the last year +.

EU saw this s*** happening since time ago. Just many stayed quiet 'cos this gave them advantage... and only complained when it stopped to give them advantage.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:So no, this isn't some malicious players just wanting to farm away (well some maybe, can never account for everyone) but rather a population imbalance which happened due to multiple reasons comming together at the same point in time. Hopefully this will clear itsself up with the next relink.

See? People just want to play with their friends... they just have an
enormous
social circle!

If you consider a common language a social circle, sure.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Ryudnard.2587 said:The host server was medium-high. And now we have a linker server which is likely to be FULL quite soon.

I heard that ~300 germans trasnferred at once yesterday. And now we have like 60 queue's in every borderland. This is crazy. Wouldn't this kind of mass transfer totally trash the purpose of re-link? I think it makes sense to put some restriction in transferring for the first few weeks right after the re-link.

Is that really a bad thing though having such a population? You should see the servers that barely make any queue even for eb on this reset and the last matchup.

Lot of them transferred away from one server. Yes it's bad for that server because it has no link and now no ppl. We are playing this week against this server and it's like maybe 40-50 ppl left. At best. Feel sorry for this guys, because server hoppers destroyed this WvW server for the next 7 weeks.

It's not true that the latest wave of transfers from Kodash to Dzagonur are just bandwaggoner. A lot of ppl who have never left the server before and played there since release saw themselves forced to go due to anets decisions lately. So despite the fact that Kodash has been the server with the least wvw activity during the last weeks the server neither got a link nor did they reopen it, so we felt like we had no choice but to leave, cause we didnt wanna spend another 8 weeks in this state of inactivity. Arenanet could have easily closed t5, so every sever would have a link, but they didnt.

Of course it is questionable if we had to chose Dzagnonur, but since it was really about playing together and sticking to ppl we are playing with for years now, we transfered in a kind of last minute decision to a server 3 guilds chose and others ofc followed.

I dont like to see kodash in that state we left it, but at some point you have to chose between having fun ingame and severloyality and that whole linking system destroyed most serveridentities long ago.

At this point I question if the alliance system will ever see the light of the day, we are waiting for 2 years now and nothing happens but ridiculous wvw events like this week and i ask myself if any anet employee really thinks that this "event" is a highlight in wvw.

So yeah, you can easily blame the "bandwaggoners" but we wouldnt have left when we wouldn`t have felt forced to do so.

@"Kaldo.7960" said:It's not true that the latest wave of transfers from Kodash to Dzagonur are just bandwaggoner. A lot of ppl who have never left the server before and played there since release saw themselves forced to go due to anets decisions lately. So despite the fact that Kodash has been the server with the least wvw activity during the last weeks the server neither got a link nor did they reopen it, so we felt like we had no choice but to leave, cause we didnt wanna spend another 8 weeks in this state of inactivity. Arenanet could have easily closed t5, so every sever would have a link, but they didnt.

Of course it is questionable if we had to chose Dzagnonur, but since it was really about playing together and sticking to ppl we are playing with for years now, we transfered in a kind of last minute decision to a server 3 guilds chose and others ofc followed.

I dont like to see kodash in that state we left it, but at some point you have to chose between having fun ingame and severloyality and that whole linking system destroyed most serveridentities long ago.

At this point I question if the alliance system will ever see the light of the day, we are waiting for 2 years now and nothing happens but ridiculous wvw events like this week and i ask myself if any anet employee really thinks that this "event" is a highlight in wvw.

So yeah, you can easily blame the "bandwaggoners" but we wouldnt have left when we wouldn`t have felt forced to do so.

And if Dza goes full because u all moved there and doesn't get an link in 7 weeks, you will move on to the next server or move back to Kodash who gets an link... and Dza will end empty like Kodash now. It's 18.00 and we are flipping on EBG everything from Kodash with maybe 10 guys defending.

Don't get me wrong.. it's your choice and it's nothing wrong about... Only what will certainly happen.

@Kaldo.7960 said:yeah, probably that will happen, question is, who do u wanna blame? the player or the company that profits from this behaviour they permanently cause with their system

The players for bandwagoning AND Anet for not closing up the servers. I can understand a few players, but whole groups of hundreds, that has nothing to do with playing with friends. :/

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Kaldo.7960 said:yeah, probably that will happen, question is, who do u wanna blame? the player or the company that profits from this behaviour they permanently cause with their system

The players for bandwagoning AND Anet for not closing up the servers. I can understand a few players, but whole groups of hundreds, that has nothing to do with playing with friends. :/

We are a grown community that wants to play activly and so we transfered together. Why should we split up and get shattered just because Anets system of linkin and closing servers sucks? A full server with no link will die sooner or later cause guilds will move away cause they cannot recrute player anymore and so the server lacks guilds but still doesnt open up.

Yeah, its selfish behaviour in an environment that was created by arenanet und doesnt get fixed cause they make a lot of money every 8 weeks because of transfers. They should have closed a lot of server for good, but they dont. After 7 years every other game would already have adjusted their ammount of server. Its obvious how little they care about wvw, how disconnected they are to the wvw playerbase and that the linking system is an instrument not to balance the population but to make cash.

So pls dont blame the player that they try to make the most for them out of the situation. A lot of player wouldnt show this behaivour if they could have a fun time on their server without transfering.

Kaldo made some very good points, so why are people so obsessed with the "playing with friends" argument? This whole thing is about communities, which of course means more people than just your closest friends. And if you are part of such a community, you are likely to go with it when its decided to leave a server. That in itself isnt bad behaviour. With it comes the fact, that a german player base is limited in its target choice, because of the already mentioned language barrier. And if you decide to switch server, you of course dont want to transfer to the next dead server. This and many more points lead to the decisions that were made.In the end, i don't consider it the player's job to distribute the population evenly across all server, when anet isnt willing or able to take respective measures. You can cry "bandwagoners" all you want, truth is, the former players from kodash just wanted to have fun in wvw again.

@"Meridian.9103" said:Kaldo made some very good points, so why are people so obsessed with the "playing with friends" argument? This whole thing is about communities, which of course means more people than just your closest friends. And if you are part of such a community, you are likely to go with it when its decided to leave a server. That in itself isnt bad behaviour. With it comes the fact, that a german player base is limited in its target choice, because of the already mentioned language barrier. And if you decide to switch server, you of course dont want to transfer to the next dead server. This and many more points lead to the decisions that were made.In the end, i don't consider it the player's job to distribute the population evenly across all server, when anet isnt willing or able to take respective measures. You can cry "bandwagoners" all you want, truth is, the former players from kodash just wanted to have fun in wvw

but if thats such a nice community why did their server go inactive? they read all the opinion by others and have chosen the victim role of friends who are forced to transfer to play together to get out of trouble now. if its about play together could have just stayed. and also there are enough linkin servers with medium activity they could have caused an equal population and if it was about wanting to be in their community language is no barrier as now rhey are linked to gunnars hold and most the time during the day they nit even use a single word of english in team chat.

another suggestion which has been made to the ex kodasch wagon was to transfer to baruch. baruch cant get full and there are not much people in eu prime time so the ex kodasch wagon who only wants to fight could just do that in that time and not desturb any other baruch as they come online at around 2 am or so. nobody on that server would have cared and the ex kodasch wagon could have had their fights in different tiers as baruch hops up and down its normal there.

no sorry these guys are bad decision makers only sense for destruction, they dont want to accept that other communities do good as they are on their server hop tour to promote their later planned alliance.

match manipulation and disturbance of the game experience of many other servers that is. its time arenanet block them the wvw game mode of some peroid as they wont accept constructive suggestions.

This whole Thread started with a lie. Host and linkserver were both"high! when relinking happened. First some AM guilds transferred on the link and those are crying the loudest right now.

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Again sorry. You legit transferred like 100 dudes because the 100 dudes couldn't play with 20 dudes for 8 weeks and stacked one screwed another server and we are supposed to feel bad for you and not blame you. How you complain and whine cause you can't play with every single person you ever met is insane. You broke the game and i thought na players were whiney

You can't break the game. Did they abuse the rules? Maybe. Are Rules meant to be abused so the maker of those rules might change those in the future? Hell yeah. Do you really think people will stop transferring when 1. The links and how they are calculated are complete shit and 2. Anet themselves does not give a shit about their own rules? They deleted the language barriers and showed everyone the 3 fullest EU Servers by PLAYTIME with this: Piken, Kodash and BB. 2 of those were full and BB stays on very high for all the time. Kinda strange when you want to treat every server the same and get rid of the language barriers isn't it?Don't you think Anet likes those bandwagons, especially on fuller servers? Except for WvW the world you are on does not matter. People transferring is a way for Anet to make money and a lot of people transferring on a very high server is a lot of gems and euros into Anets pockets. Why would they even want this to stop?

The overstacking of Servers is being done for Ages. How do you think Vabbi, RoS or WSR ever got the Mainserverstatus at some point? In my honest opinion server pride is a really strange concept for this game at this stage. Alliances are announced (and probably will never come) so the natural thing is to build communities and forget about those server concepts. For me, this server pride thing correlates with the national pride of some people. There is nothing to be proud of. Especially since most of those people don't actively do anything in-game. They don't try to organize the Server or establish a community. All they do is leech and then say proudly: " I was always on Server X so I can feel better than you." Yeah fk this.

@"SlateSloan.3654" said:

match manipulation and disturbance of the game experience of many other servers that is. its time arenanet block them the wvw game mode of some peroid as they wont accept constructive suggestions.

When did you ever post any constructive suggestions anywhere? In discord you wrote "there will be war" when Kodash joins Dzagonur, like some 12 year old kid.

@"Oette.6098" said:This whole Thread started with a lie. Host and linkserver were both"high! when relinking happened. First some AM guilds transferred on the link and those are crying the loudest right now.

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Again sorry. You legit transferred like 100 dudes because the 100 dudes couldn't play with 20 dudes for 8 weeks and stacked one screwed another server and we are supposed to feel bad for you and not blame you. How you complain and whine cause you can't play with every single person you ever met is insane. You broke the game and i thought na players were whiney

You can't break the game. Did they abuse the rules? Maybe. Are Rules meant to be abused so the maker of those rules might change those in the future? Hell yeah. Do you really think people will stop transferring when 1. The links and how they are calculated are complete kitten and 2. Anet themselves does not give a kitten about their own rules? They deleted the language barriers and showed everyone the 3 fullest EU Servers by PLAYTIME with this: Piken, Kodash and BB. 2 of those were full and BB stays on very high for all the time. Kinda strange when you want to treat every server the same and get rid of the language barriers isn't it?Don't you think Anet likes those bandwagons, especially on fuller servers? Except for WvW the world you are on does not matter. People transferring is a way for Anet to make money and a lot of people transferring on a very high server is a lot of gems and euros into Anets pockets. Why would they even want this to stop?

The overstacking of Servers is being done for Ages. How do you think Vabbi, RoS or WSR ever got the Mainserverstatus at some point? In my honest opinion server pride is a really strange concept for this game at this stage. Alliances are announced (and probably will never come) so the natural thing is to build communities and forget about those server concepts. For me, this server pride thing correlates with the national pride of some people. There is nothing to be proud of. Especially since most of those people don't actively do anything in-game. They don't try to organize the Server or establish a community. All they do is leech and then say proudly: " I was always on Server X so I can feel better than you." Yeah kitten this.

@"SlateSloan.3654" said:

When did you ever post any constructive suggestions anywhere? In discord you wrote "there will be war" when Kodash joins Dzagonur, like some 12 year old kid.

Are you sure about the both being high at the relink? I am not to be honest. It makes no sense to link 2 high population servers.

@SlateSloan.3654 said:

@"Meridian.9103" said:Kaldo made some very good points, so why are people so obsessed with the "playing with friends" argument? This whole thing is about communities, which of course means more people than just your closest friends. And if you are part of such a community, you are likely to go with it when its decided to leave a server. That in itself isnt bad behaviour. With it comes the fact, that a german player base is limited in its target choice, because of the already mentioned language barrier. And if you decide to switch server, you of course dont want to transfer to the next dead server. This and many more points lead to the decisions that were made.In the end, i don't consider it the player's job to distribute the population evenly across all server, when anet isnt willing or able to take respective measures. You can cry "bandwagoners" all you want, truth is, the former players from kodash just wanted to have fun in wvw

but if thats such a nice community why did their server go inactive? they read all the opinion by others and have chosen the victim role of friends who are forced to transfer to play together to get out of trouble now. if its about play together could have just stayed. and also there are enough linkin servers with medium activity they could have caused an equal population and if it was about wanting to be in their community language is no barrier as now rhey are linked to gunnars hold and most the time during the day they nit even use a single word of english in team chat.

another suggestion which has been made to the ex kodasch wagon was to transfer to baruch. baruch cant get full and there are not much people in eu prime time so the ex kodasch wagon who only wants to fight could just do that in that time and not desturb any other baruch as they come online at around 2 am or so. nobody on that server would have cared and the ex kodasch wagon could have had their fights in different tiers as baruch hops up and down its normal there.

no sorry these guys are bad decision makers only sense for destruction, they dont want to accept that other communities do good as they are on their server hop tour to promote their later planned alliance.

I am sry, but your arguments are just bs. Since when is most of the communication done in teamchat? Of course you have germans speaking german on discord/ts or w.e.. Some may join english raids, some have good reason to prefer german raids. And as you mean to know so much about wvw, i am sure you also know this. But you are so obviously on a quest against everyone from kodash, that there doesnt seem to be a point in arguing with you. You just gonna shit talk everything. In fact, you're the one with "only a sense for destruction". Have fun.

@phreeak.1023 said:

@"Kaldo.7960" said:It's not true that the latest wave of transfers from Kodash to Dzagonur are just bandwaggoner. A lot of ppl who have never left the server before and played there since release saw themselves forced to go due to anets decisions lately. So despite the fact that Kodash has been the server with the least wvw activity during the last weeks the server neither got a link nor did they reopen it, so we felt like we had no choice but to leave, cause we didnt wanna spend another 8 weeks in this state of inactivity. Arenanet could have easily closed t5, so every sever would have a link, but they didnt.

And if Dza goes full because u all moved there and doesn't get an link in 7 weeks, you will move on to the next server or move back to Kodash who gets an link... and Dza will end empty like Kodash now. It's 18.00 and we are flipping on EBG everything from Kodash with maybe 10 guys defending.

Don't get me wrong.. it's your choice and it's nothing wrong about... Only what will certainly happen.

This !

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@"Seductive.5741" said:
Usefull site to track population , GH is High since 03.06 , Dzago was Medium till 21.1 when it went to high , and got to very High on 01.07, when the Abba guilds transferred

Using
what
values for the calculation?

Most likely the GW2-API:https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/worlds?lang=en&ids=all

Only the ones that Anet use for their own calculations, that clearly are wrong?Not sure how a Definition can be wrong, only inadequate or not what you like it to be.